Cristián Zapata (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2006
The competition of Inter for the Portuguese Fernando Meira is much frightening, and the Juventus has already thought to the next possible alternative for its rear unit. Draft of the friulano defender of Udinese, Cristián Zapata, already observed in the past months from the withe black, that he hardly has 21 years old and a good experience in Series To.

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/index.php?action=read&idsel=1220

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adzke

May 19, 2007
I've never seen him play. But isn't he a good player and a nice talent aswell? I hope he will become a Juventino. Aren't we on good terms with Udinese after the Iaquinta transfer?

OP
A͎u͎s͎h͎
Jul 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #4
    One main aspect of this transfer along with the things Adzke, and mark mentioned is the fact that he has proper Serie A experience.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
    One main aspect of this transfer along with the things Adzke, and mark mentioned is the fact that he has proper Serie A experience.
    Wether it's for this season or the next, it would seem foolish not to go for him, if Udinese are willing to sell. It seems he's a promising player.

Especially when bearing in mind that Inter will sign any player we don't.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    If we have the option for next year, than sure, if not, we should definitely purchase him this summer. If he has a similar season as 06/07, Milan, Inter, and a host of La Liga sides will be after him. In a way, he is a more sound long term investment than Criscito, since he is already proven in serie a.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    one more defender is being looked at which suggests grygera is going to be first choice at right back and chiellini should remain as a left back..with both being options for for centre back if need be. add criscito and boumsong for bench and it gives the club plenty of options in defence, for this season anyway which isnt as demanding as next if we reach european comps.

therefore, realistically, getting another young defender wont make much sense as the crucial signing the club is looking for is a partner for Andrade. We have enough back up options already. I dont see Zapata being that partner for Andrade.

memo_juve

Jun 20, 2007
    i dont know why ... but this is a feeling that i started to feel ..

i feel that Juve are not going for a new defender anymore .. i feel that these news are just tp calm the fans ..

i dont know why .. but if we played some friendly matches and we won them .. i feel that the managers will say that the team is strong and dosent need any addition..

i hope my feeling is wrong ..

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    well your feeling could be true, as zebina has stayed maybe he is first choice as right back with grygera at centre back with andrade...

andrade, grygera, zebina, chiellini, birindelli, molinaro, criscito and boumsong....that gives us enough cover for all positions across the defence...it may not be world class but its still complete in terms of positions.

i would hate to think the club wouldnt go for another good centre back though.

memo_juve

Jun 20, 2007
    well your feeling could be true, as zebina has stayed maybe he is first choice as right back with grygera at centre back with andrade...

andrade, grygera, zebina, chiellini, birindelli, molinaro, criscito and boumsong....that gives us enough cover for all positions across the defence...it may not be world class but its still complete in terms of positions.

i would hate to think the club wouldnt go for another good centre back though.
    thats what makes me worry

Arvin

Juve Star
    Dec 30, 2004
    cant we loan only alex for this season and we will have good time to think about next defender...or mybe we should buy alex....

memo_juve

Jun 20, 2007
    i assume the managers are hoping that the team picks a spot for the CL, so they start investing then instead of now on a new defender ..
    i'm not saying they didnt invest this year ... they did a greaaaaaat job ..
    but i feel, they will stop at this point ..

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
    Zapata would be a good addition, not as proven as alot of the other defenders we been linked with, but he has shown great potential and has proved he can cut it in Serie A. I dont know if he is the one to sort out our CB problem, Zapata is young, and so is Criscito so i say why not just give him a chance.

Jun 13, 2007
    I really want to give criscito a chance , he may have a lot of potential but depending on him for defense this season is just too risky . Zapata is more of a safer option than criscito since he has all ready played in serie A . The fact that he is young is a plus . Zapata isnt our best option , but our options have become very few lately , right now anything a little above average will do .

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)