CRAP urges Neddy out of NT retirement !!! (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Capello urges Nedved to reconsider Saturday 15 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello is hoping to maintain Juve’s 100 per cent record at Messina this evening and urges Pavel Nedved to come out of international retirement.

“On paper we are the favourites, but Messina are doing a lot better than their results would suggest,” warned the Coach. “They have conceded a lot of goals, though their performances have been impressive. I am working hard to keep the team focused so they don’t underestimate their opponents.”

The Sicilians have had a poor start to the season, as they are yet to win a single game and have let in 12 goals in three draws and as many defeats.

As for the Bianconeri, the break for international duty has left them struggling with an injury crisis that has ruled out Patrick Vieira, while Lilian Thuram and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are not 100 per cent fit.

“Morale is high and the internationals came back boosted by their World Cup exploits. Alessandro Del Piero and Adrian Mutu were particularly impressive and I think Alex gives his best as a support striker who starts out wide on the left, which is the position he held against Moldova on Wednesday.”

Capello has been very vocal in his dissatisfaction with Thuram coming out of international retirement, but changed his attitude when Nedved suggested a similar turnaround for the play-off against Norway.

“The Czech Republic has several key players out with injury at the moment and I feel it’s only right for Pavel to accept the call and help his country reach the World Cup,” concluded the Coach.

CRAP IS AN IDIOT !!!:fero:

He "urges" Neddy, but curses Thuram for doing the same thing ??!!

Thats all we need...more injuries to the older players who play for club and country...

doesnt the word "RETIREMENT" mean anything anymore ??????!!!:confused:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Thats all we need...more injuries to the older players who play for club and country...

This is ridiculous, Cap has been whining about Thuram's decision to play for France, he would rather Zlatan never played for Sweden or Trez for Les Bleus and now he's telling Nedved to go back?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
In Capello's defence though, I think he's only suggesting that Nedved return in the absence of his injured teammates as a one-off, as opposed to coming out of retirement.France has replacements for Thuram and Trez and Sweden for Ibrahimovic, but in this case I guess the Czech Republic is in a more unfortunate situation.

Media took things a little out of context, as usual.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
If you read the article Capello is only saying that Nedved should return for the crucial play-off matches, now that Koller and Jankulovski are injured.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
In Capello's defence though, I think he's only suggesting that Nedved return in the absence of his injured teammates as a one-off, as opposed to coming out of retirement.France has replacements for Thuram and Trez and Sweden for Ibrahimovic, but in this case I guess the Czech Republic is in a more unfortunate situation.

Media took things a little out of context, as usual.
I don't see how Nedved is any different to the Czechs than the others are to their respective national teams. Sweden have a replacement for Zlatan? Their best player by far, who's scored all the most important goals in the qualifiers, including the one against Hungary at the death? France can replace Thuram, a world champion and last remaining glimmer of a solid defence with whom? Not to mention Trezeguet, *the* go-to-guy for goals, who is probably the most replacable of the lot, not with Cisse by any stretch of the imagination, but with no Trez the burden falls squarely on Henry.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Marty ] ++
I don't think he can make up his mind about if our players should play in their respective NT teams or not. :p
It really all depends on how far Moggi's influences reach.. :undecide: :p

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
If you read the article Capello is only saying that Nedved should return for the crucial play-off matches, now that Koller and Jankulovski are injured.
Exactly. I don't see anything wrong in that as he would be helping his team in two games and anyway Mutu can take his place in the mean time.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Because playing for your national team tends to make your moral go up.
Especially in this case if he makes the NT qualify to the World CUp.

eddie3

Jul 13, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Exactly. I don't see anything wrong in that as he would be helping his team in two games and anyway Mutu can take his place in the mean time.
If they qualify,it will be very hard for him to say no and not go to Germany!
But after all,he deserves to go and play to the World Cup even if he is 33!

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Because playing for your national team tends to make your moral go up.
Exacely.. some ppl dont see that...

and here we are only talking about 2 play off games.. and nedved could get a better moral as he hasent been good this season!

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

:yuck: :wallbang:

Geof

May 14, 2004
This is Neddy's last chance to play the WC. Cappello knows that's the most beautiful thing for a football player, and wants Nedved to enjoy his last days as a pro.

Thuram, on his side, already played several WC and even won one.

Hanaukyo

Sep 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

I don't see how Nedved is any different to the Czechs than the others are to their respective national teams. Sweden have a replacement for Zlatan? Their best player by far, who's scored all the most important goals in the qualifiers, including the one against Hungary at the death? France can replace Thuram, a world champion and last remaining glimmer of a solid defence with whom? Not to mention Trezeguet, *the* go-to-guy for goals, who is probably the most replacable of the lot, not with Cisse by any stretch of the imagination, but with no Trez the burden falls squarely on Henry.
haha you're angry because nedved is coming back to the norwegian match. Czech will most definitely qualify for WC now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)