Corrupt Arabs (2 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Well, I did mention what I think is a true story of Saudi Princes buying virgin Palestinian women. Am I attacking Palestinians or Saudi Princes?

Does that mean you were attacking Yemeni and Mauritanians when you posted that first story?
What a smart guy!

Did I post that news from my imagination? It was posted on Wikileaks and a Lebanese newspaper.
On the contrary, your sentence is just baseless and has no source. So, it was just for teasing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I find the title to this thread to be quite derogatory and offensive
This is a great litmus test, however. Because technically the title is accurate. What do you call a group of corrupt Arabs other than "corrupt Arabs"? That much is factually accurate.

Where I'm guessing your sense of offense and all comes that you interpret that as a blanket statement about all Arabs, which it is not. It begs the classic question: when is every person who is part of an ethnic or religious or other group suddenly considered a role model for all of them? Why do we hold people to these silly notions at all?

Hence you get into situations where people refuse to present a black person as a criminal on TV, because somehow that plays to stereotypes. So we end up with a bizarro world of only black women judges and all the criminals are identified as adult white males.

Sep 1, 2002
This is a great litmus test, however. Because technically the title is accurate. What do you call a group of corrupt Arabs other than "corrupt Arabs"? That much is factually accurate.

Where I'm guessing your sense of offense and all comes that you interpret that as a blanket statement about all Arabs, which it is not. It begs the classic question: when is every person who is part of an ethnic or religious or other group suddenly considered a role model for all of them? Why do we hold people to these silly notions at all?

Hence you get into situations where people refuse to present a black person as a criminal on TV, because somehow that plays to stereotypes. So we end up with a bizarro world of only black women judges and all the criminals are identified as adult white males.
Because of historical context.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #112

:tup:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

:tup:

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007

Well said Swaggo :beer:

Nedvěd

I can't wait to go to Qatar and party down for the WC :shifty:
    :tup: There'll be plenty of booze and quality Sensi. P.S If you have any gay friends they will feel just like home in Qatar, they'll get a lot of respect there. One of the most Gay friendly countries in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)