Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (139 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Where's my Aussies and New Zealander's? How you guys doing?
Sydney is absolutely fucked

We have lagged behind in getting vaccines because of our incompetent Prime Minister

Melbourne is in lockdown as well had like 80 cases yesterday and high 70s today. Which is pretty high for our standards and strategy.

I just got my first dose of Pfizer as it has now been opened up for my age group.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

We have lagged behind in getting vaccines because of our incompetent Prime Minister

Melbourne is in lockdown as well had like 80 cases yesterday and high 70s today. Which is pretty high for our standards and strategy.

I just got my first dose of Pfizer as it has now been opened up for my age group.
What's the gap between doses?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:D
In hindsight I should have waited and gotten the Oxford shot, which is now widely available here. The creators of Covaxin is having a tough time convincing other countries to approve it.
Astra? So many people here didn't want that due to the extremely rare blood clot issues

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Lockdown and those measures for 80 cases? :lol2: WTF

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yup, got both my doses of the India made Covaxin.
Interesting. Curious about your experiences, A.
:D
In hindsight I should have waited and gotten the Oxford shot, which is now widely available here. The creators of Covaxin is having a tough time convincing other countries to approve it.
I'm not so sure you'd be better off. I think you made the better choice of taking the one you could get first.

Lockdown and those measures for 80 cases? :lol2: WTF
This polarization kind of fascinates me. It's like the white/gold black/blue dress debate. People's perceptions of the same facts reflect a complete chasm in their understanding for each other.

New Zealand locked down the whole country for one case. Yes, 1.
Exactly. People thought NZ was nuts to call it for one case. Next day it was 9. Now it's over 100. For one, it reflects how most people just don't understand R0. For another, the idea of a zero Covid strategy is alien to a country that lets it run rampant and tries to surf the waves of infections and deaths. Meanwhile a lot of the zero tolerance countries have had practically no deaths and 6 months without any restrictions.

Either system seems insane to the one not in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 124)