Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (91 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
Plus will testing twice really cause a decreased number of cases? That won't be significant
Not sure. The tweet Bjerkness posted above is (unsurprisingly) at best misleading. Discolse tv is a conspiracy theory (news) source.

Here are the WHO instructions.

Users of IVDs must read and follow the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is recommended by the manufacturer.

WHO guidance Diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2 states that careful interpretation of weak positive results is needed (1). The cycle threshold (Ct) needed to detect virus is inversely proportional to the patient’s viral load. Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken and retested using the same or different NAT technology.

WHO reminds IVD users that disease prevalence alters the predictive value of test results; as disease prevalence decreases, the risk of false positive increases (2). This means that the probability that a person who has a positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) is truly infected with SARS-CoV-2 decreases as prevalence decreases, irrespective of the claimed specificity.

Most PCR assays are indicated as an aid for diagnosis, therefore, health care providers must consider any result in combination with timing of sampling, specimen type, assay specifics, clinical observations, patient history, confirmed status of any contacts, and epidemiological information.
https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Plus will testing twice really cause a decreased number of cases? That won't be significant
And if it does significantly decrease number of cases, like some of the COViD hoax ninnies claim, it only makes COViD have a much higher IFR, so a much more deadly disease than it currently looks to be. Lol

New case numbers have been dropping for the last two weeks in the US, hospitalizations too, but I guess it’s some vast conspiracy to make Biden look good! Trump and his stooges could have been touting this turnaround, pushing the vaccination rollout, talking about what they had done, but instead they were too busy in fantasy land with their followers, inciting insurrection because Hugo Chavez and the commies stole the election!

But, ya know, it’s all the evil democrats and media having Trump derangement syndrome, says the Holocaust denying, pedogate believing, anti-mask, misogynist. He must be right. :baus:

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You're really not doing a favour to yourself with those sources. Disclose tv, really?
Hey, I like their Infidel of the Week segment.

Maybe. Or maybe not. That's really a question between false positive vs false negative rates. Our president here in Portugal got tested negative, then positive, then negative again...
https://www.france24.com/en/live-ne...esident-tests-negative-after-a-covid-positive

No test is 100%.

It's probably a good practice because of error rates, etc., and if the costs are low enough.

Of course, others will read that and presume it's all about optics with total COVID numbers so a new president can claim victory over an irrelevant one who already lost out on reelection and struggled with COVID numbers from a year prior. But that also requires a baseline level of cynicism. Rebelo de Sousa didn't exactly get a second or third test to play a numbers game for political points.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9,494
    My man this has been obvious from day one, t doesn't matter how much evidence you show, people just can't get past their tds or face the prospect of having been so wrong.
    I questioned whether this originated in the Wuhan lab but brushed aside the Trump conspiracy stuff as I thought it was outlandish, but the fact everything is playing out as many of the "theorists" predicted is hilarious. Hell, even in my own area people put up huge banners counting the dead every week, then suddenly those disappeared when Trump lost the election or Biden was sworn in. So of course there was always going to be an element of purposely pinning it all on Trump while Biden would be the savior, but this sort of predictability is just shocking.

- - - Updated - - -

You're really not doing a favour to yourself with those sources. Disclose tv, really?
    The source was in the link, from the WHO website, which they later removed. If you don't like my posts please put me on ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing with the masks. The "Science" told us not to wear them at first, now they're federally mandated.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
    Jun 6, 2015
    The source was in the link, from the WHO website, which they later removed. If you don't like my posts please put me on ignore.
    I'm pointing out that what you're currently doing reeks of desperation. Posting tweets from shitty sources like Disclose tv, who either don't understand what they read or knowingly mislead people, doesn't rally add anything to the discussion. Unless Tuz is looking to challenge Parler as a platform for conspiracies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)