Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (48 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You don't play a political stunt with the lives of potentially a large percentage of the population. That's the kind of thing you go to prison for the rest of your life. They did make a clear and obvious break with the EMA and their slower processes, which can be seen as political middle-fingering, but the MHRA isn't a joke organisation that will be knowingly putting lives at risk.

That said, I'm a naturally cynical person in a lower-risk group, so I won't be rushing to have it. But I would say that with any initial vaccine. I'm more concerned how diverse the testing groups have been so far. Do they include pregnant women, people with cancers, various underlying conditions, children, auto-immune deficiencies, etc? Ultimately we won't know any longer-term consequences until the future. But governments will take a smaller amount of deaths and side effects in contrast to tens of thousands of deaths and a stagnating economy and way of life. That's one of those sad facts.

Yes there has been a degree of patriotism over passing regulations fast, something which I find ridiculous, but it's part of the sell.

I expect Boris to take it on live tv. That would be a big political play.
Why would anyone who's in a low-risk group go ahead and try it out for the sake of it? It's just a huge risk with literally zero reward. What changes in 5-6 months? I doubt that's a long term to say it has no consequences.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Just googled some of the numbers, but it's actually never been worse than it is right now. Italy just recorded a worse death number than it did in March during it's peak. The same goes for the US where numbers are actually going up once more post-Thanksgiving. Deaths and hospitalizations also rising.

I also fear the worst is yet to come with the holiday season approaching and 'rona cases going up in January (and hospitalizations probably in February, with a new lockdown in March)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Just googled some of the numbers, but it's actually never been worse than it is right now. Italy just recorded a worse death number than it did in March during it's peak. The same goes for the US where numbers are actually going up once more post-Thanksgiving. Deaths and hospitalizations also rising.

I also fear the worst is yet to come with the holiday season approaching and 'rona cases going up in January (and hospitalizations probably in February, with a new lockdown in March)
Springtime for COVID in Germany... all of dat was just a dressed rehearsal for the big show, which we're entering now.

lol I know we were top 3 not so long ago. But I thought we were even first. Forgot about deaths in Belgium.
All that female chest-beating about the reductionist superiority of female national leaders in a pandemic did kinda throw Sophie under the bus.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
my best friend was hospitalized on tuesday with some severe chest pain. he felt something almost non-existent in his chest for 40 days before shit got real. x-ray and ct revealed that there's an excess fluid of ~1 litre in his lungs. they drained the excess, yesterday he felt a lot better, but today he had an other 2 litres to be drained. his quick covid test was negative, we'll see other test results later. he's in a great physical condition, zero fat, runs, works out and plays squash regularly, eats and drinks healthy, he's strong af, he never was sick besides some regular flu, and certainly haven't had any underlying conditions like diabetes, cancer or heart disease. his doctors are making wild guesses, nobody has a clue why the fluid returns so quickly. they said that he might have had a covid infection without developing any severe symptoms, this is their best shot so far. i hate this shit already.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
my best friend was hospitalized on tuesday with some severe chest pain. he felt something almost non-existent in his chest for 40 days before shit got real. x-ray and ct revealed that there's an excess fluid of ~1 litre in his lungs. they drained the excess, yesterday he felt a lot better, but today he had an other 2 litres to be drained. his quick covid test was negative, we'll see other test results later. he's in a great physical condition, zero fat, runs, works out and plays squash regularly, eats and drinks healthy, he's strong af, he never was sick besides some regular flu, and certainly haven't had any underlying conditions like diabetes, cancer or heart disease. his doctors are making wild guesses, nobody has a clue why the fluid returns so quickly. they said that he might have had a covid infection without developing any severe symptoms, this is their best shot so far. i hate this shit already.
Someone i know recently was in that exact condition: chest pains and fluid in his lungs. Also a very fit, youngish person. First they thought he was having a heart attack, then they thought it was covid. Turns out it was some peculiar case of pneumonia. It was the second or third time he's had it in recent years, and they didn't know why, but this time was the worst. Anyway it was pretty serious and he had to go to a top hospital in the US to get it sorted. He's okay now.

Good luck to your friend.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
My uncle just got a positive test, all he has so far is lack of ability to smell. But what I'm really worried about is my severely asthmatic cousin. He has already been hospitalized for it in the past multiple times, really hoping he doesn't get it.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
My uncle just got a positive test, all he has so far is lack of ability to smell. But what I'm really worried about is my severely asthmatic cousin. He has already been hospitalized for it in the past multiple times, really hoping he doesn't get it.
Tell him to stay at home, so others can continue their lives.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
May he get better soon :tup:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Springtime for COVID in Germany... all of dat was just a dressed rehearsal for the big show, which we're entering now.

All that female chest-beating about the reductionist superiority of female national leaders in a pandemic did kinda throw Sophie under the bus.
I fear so as well, only most people don't comply with restrictions anymore so unlike the first wave, this'll be worse than ever. I'm naturally a pessimist but I really fear the second/third wave more. No measures will be effective to stop the spread if most people don't comply with the social restrictions.

We've been in semi-lockdown in the NL for over a friggin' month now (similar to the British tier 3 restrictions) but still have been recording >6k symptomatic cases per day. Without a lockdown we were recording 10k numbers. I really fear with the holiday season starting we'll be back at 10k cases while being in lockdown in January and possibly no social life until March/April.

Last edited:

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I fear so as well, only most people don't comply with restrictions anymore so unlike the first wave, this'll be worse than ever. I'm naturally a pessimist but I really fear the second/third wave more. No measures will be effective to stop the spread if most people don't comply with the social restrictions.

We've been in semi-lockdown in the NL for over a friggin' month now (similar to the British tier 3 restrictions) but still have been recording >6k symptomatic cases per day. Without a lockdown we were recording 10k numbers. I really fear with the holiday season starting we'll be back at 10k cases while being in lockdown in January and possibly no social life until March/April.
I fear more about what's the mental state of the people after all of this. How many bankruptcies there is, how many divorces, how many people with the alcohol problems etc. and all of that will be paid, by the people. I personally know couple guys that are literally drinking non-stop, lost their job etc. and it has gotten out of hand, so talking about the deaths etc. is just turning the backs on the reality what's actually going on. You can look at the numbers, that's media sexy but don't act like it's all that matters.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I fear more about what's the mental state of the people after all of this. How many bankruptcies there is, how many divorces, how many people with the alcohol problems etc. and all of that will be paid, by the people. I personally know couple guys that are literally drinking non-stop, lost their job etc. and it has gotten out of hand, so talking about the deaths etc. is just turning the backs on the reality what's actually going on. You can look at the numbers, that's media sexy but don't act like it's all that matters.
Yeah, I get your point, apart from the getting infected the people directly affected by this situation are even worse. Recently we had a report come out that around 4 million people are on the verge of a break down and 72% of our students are experiencing anxiety and depression

I was actually unemployed for a couple of months myself after the summer so I know which problems it comes with. But my stance is quite simple: any financial healthy company should be able to survive these hardships. Over here they are getting >70% of the business costs (and 90% of the labour costs) financed from the government. Unless you have been restricted, you should still be able to do something and run a profit with your costs covered.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What's your opinion on those people?

Sometimes people are sort of stupid and mass death count makes you wonder if it's wrong.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
What's your opinion on those people?

Sometimes people are sort of stupid and mass death count makes you wonder if it's wrong.
Normal people, who had couple months of so called "stay at home" actitivies since they had no job anymore. On top of that, they couldn't do what they've been doing for years, so they automatically tried to seek some content to their daily lifes. It's same for all the team sports, individual sports etc. when you're forced not to play them, even you've done so whole your life. Anything that's not normal, is tough for certain people who are so deep into something. Drinking makes you forget the reality and staying at home and watching netflix for example, ain't going to satisfy your physical addictions.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Normal people, who had couple months of so called "stay at home" actitivies since they had no job anymore. On top of that, they couldn't do what they've been doing for years, so they automatically tried to seek some content to their daily lifes. It's same for all the team sports, individual sports etc. when you're forced not to play them, even you've done so whole your life. Anything that's not normal, is tough for certain people who are so deep into something. Drinking makes you forget the reality and staying at home and watching netflix for example, ain't going to satisfy your physical addictions.
I'd personally rather end up watching Netflix than keep pouring alcohol down my throat which may end up as a therapy process.

And no, how you described them, sorry, but that can't be said to be normal people. Normal people shouldn't be weak. If corona and staying at home, focusing on drugs and alcohol to kill their time and satisfy their needs that way, then it's them, not corona.

It's not just them who are forced to stay home, lose their job or change their lifestyle. It's on a global scale and it's tiny minority that will end up as alcohol or drug addicts and those are already fucked up even without corona.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I'd personally rather end up watching Netflix than keep pouring alcohol down my throat which may end up as a therapy process.

And no, how you described them, sorry, but that can't be said to be normal people. Normal people shouldn't be weak. If corona and staying at home, focusing on drugs and alcohol to kill their time and satisfy their needs that way, then it's them, not corona.

It's not just them who are forced to stay home, lose their job or change their lifestyle. It's on a global scale and it's tiny minority that will end up as alcohol or drug addicts and those are already fucked up even without corona.
Don't act like you know how human mind works, since you clearly do not. We're species, like animals and once you lock up a lion in the gate, it damn well bet doesn't look happy. We're supposed to live the life, we're supposed to keep our body, mind and spirit in the harmony and once one of those is limited, it's always stressful. There hasn't been a situation in our lifetime, where we have so many opportunities, actitivities and the quality of life being so high and we're forced to stay at home or just simply "turn down" the offers of doing the things you like. It might have been all about getting the next meal, finding something to prevent the cold etc. back in the day and once you did, it clearly made you happy but nowdays, once you don't get your favourite vanilla ice cream, it makes you desperate. Things have changed, tables have turned and it's constant on going fight with your mind.

It might be tiny minority, or it might not. We clearly do not know the consequences about the whole situation, nobody knows it. Only time will show how this affected on certain things and even the threat of something like this happening again in the future will make people uncertain about certain things, like is it smart to make childs etc. We're evolving every day on anything that world has to offer or what it's taking away from us, but it doesn't happen overnight and something like this, totally unprepared didn't give anybody time to settle up the things, they should have. It takes tons of adapting, it takes tons of adapting to be limited to do things while knowing they exist. It takes alot from your mind and that's why people are so hesitant to actually follow the "rules", just because that's how human mind works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)