Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (30 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Don't act like you know how human mind works, since you clearly do not. We're species, like animals and once you lock up a lion in the gate, it damn well bet doesn't look happy. We're supposed to live the life, we're supposed to keep our body, mind and spirit in the harmony and once one of those is limited, it's always stressful. There hasn't been a situation in our lifetime, where we have so many opportunities, actitivities and the quality of life being so high and we're forced to stay at home or just simply "turn down" the offers of doing the things you like. It might have been all about getting the next meal, finding something to prevent the cold etc. back in the day and once you did, it clearly made you happy but nowdays, once you don't get your favourite vanilla ice cream, it makes you desperate. Things have changed, tables have turned and it's constant on going fight with your mind.

It might be tiny minority, or it might not. We clearly do not know the consequences about the whole situation, nobody knows it. Only time will show how this affected on certain things and even the threat of something like this happening again in the future will make people uncertain about certain things, like is it smart to make childs etc. We're evolving every day on anything that world has to offer or what it's taking away from us, but it doesn't happen overnight and something like this, totally unprepared didn't give anybody time to settle up the things, they should have. It takes tons of adapting, it takes tons of adapting to be limited to do things while knowing they exist. It takes alot from your mind and that's why people are so hesitant to actually follow the "rules", just because that's how human mind works.
lol.

You're questioning if I know how mind works yet your full post if full of mights and maybes and you even say we don't know the consequences. Please, bro, get a hold of yourself.

I never even said that this is super fun, exciting or healthy. But if people go to cure themselves of alcoholism because of corona they I'd say they are morons.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Don't act like you know how human mind works, since you clearly do not. We're species, like animals and once you lock up a lion in the gate, it damn well bet doesn't look happy. We're supposed to live the life, we're supposed to keep our body, mind and spirit in the harmony and once one of those is limited, it's always stressful. There hasn't been a situation in our lifetime, where we have so many opportunities, actitivities and the quality of life being so high and we're forced to stay at home or just simply "turn down" the offers of doing the things you like. It might have been all about getting the next meal, finding something to prevent the cold etc. back in the day and once you did, it clearly made you happy but nowdays, once you don't get your favourite vanilla ice cream, it makes you desperate. Things have changed, tables have turned and it's constant on going fight with your mind.

It might be tiny minority, or it might not. We clearly do not know the consequences about the whole situation, nobody knows it. Only time will show how this affected on certain things and even the threat of something like this happening again in the future will make people uncertain about certain things, like is it smart to make childs etc. We're evolving every day on anything that world has to offer or what it's taking away from us, but it doesn't happen overnight and something like this, totally unprepared didn't give anybody time to settle up the things, they should have. It takes tons of adapting, it takes tons of adapting to be limited to do things while knowing they exist. It takes alot from your mind and that's why people are so hesitant to actually follow the "rules", just because that's how human mind works.
It's essentially a risk - reward in debate in some sense. You risk 100% losing your mental health, if you go into full isolation for 8-9 month running (and probably several years) yet there's a 99,7% chance that you might not die from Covid if you're below your 30's and healthy.

This is why I find it difficult to comply with the rules, even if you don't get Covid you might go towards a depression, which is also a terrible disease. It's practically why the Swedish health authorities are being resistant on lockdowns (and most countries dropping restrictions during the holidays)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It's essentially a risk - reward in debate in some sense. You risk 100% losing your mental health, if you go into full isolation for 8-9 month running (and probably several years) yet there's a 99,7% chance that you might not die from Covid if you're below your 30's and healthy.

This is why I find it difficult to comply with the rules, even if you don't get Covid you might go towards a depression, which is also a terrible disease. It's practically why the Swedish health authorities are being resistant on lockdowns (and most countries dropping restrictions during the holidays)
0.3% may not sound like a lot, but would you board an aircraft that crashes 3 times out of 1,000?
And for every death, there are 5 times as many serious cases, with potential long term effects. Would you drive a car that crashes 3 times out of 200?
And of course, even if a young person gets a mild case of the 'rona, their parents or grandparents might not be so lucky.

Locking everything down isn't a solution, but things clearly cannot go back to normal just yet. There has to be a balance, and that balance is implementing social distancing with mask mandates, contact tracing and banning public gatherings. Businesses do need to be open however, and people should be allowed to work on site if working from home is difficult.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
lol.

You're questioning if I know how mind works yet your full post if full of mights and maybes and you even say we don't know the consequences. Please, bro, get a hold of yourself.

I never even said that this is super fun, exciting or healthy. But if people go to cure themselves of alcoholism because of corona they I'd say they are morons.
Everyone is free to do what they want with their lives. Alcoholism is a big "problem", so are the drugs but they're that, just because society literally requires people to be sober. Also, getting hooked on anything requires certain type of genetics and just for some people, it's easier to be an alcohol addict than for someone else. Some people are hooked on gambling, some of the people are hooked on sports and some of the people are hooked collecting the stamps, but there's things that are overlooked by the majority, that they're something "better". They might be considered something more normal, but any type of addiction is quite bad and there's always a reason behind it and whether corona or not, they've had the gene before but corona just worked in a launching pad for them.

We all are addicted on Juve and once we had that 100 days break from playing, we all suffered differently.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
0.3% may not sound like a lot, but would you board an aircraft that crashes 3 times out of 1,000?
And for every death, there are 5 times as many serious cases, with potential long term effects. Would you drive a car that crashes 3 times out of 200?
And of course, even if a young person gets a mild case of the 'rona, their parents or grandparents might not be so lucky.

Locking everything down isn't a solution, but things clearly cannot go back to normal just yet. There has to be a balance, and that balance is implementing social distancing with mask mandates, contact tracing and banning public gatherings. Businesses do need to be open however, and people should be allowed to work on site if working from home is difficult.
it's terrible, 0,3% is around the IFR. If you're below 34 years of age the chances of dying are somewhere around 0,004% and in the age group 35-44 the fatality rate is 0,008%. The median age of dying is 83 over here.

Read a statistic that the chance of fatality between a 7 year old and 70 year old multiplies by a 1.000 times.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I fear more about what's the mental state of the people after all of this. How many bankruptcies there is, how many divorces, how many people with the alcohol problems etc. and all of that will be paid, by the people. I personally know couple guys that are literally drinking non-stop, lost their job etc. and it has gotten out of hand, so talking about the deaths etc. is just turning the backs on the reality what's actually going on. You can look at the numbers, that's media sexy but don't act like it's all that matters.
The weak must be killed and eaten.

Vanilla ice cream?

Idk about you, but I eat to survive.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and you only have sex to procreate. We know.

it's terrible, 0,3% is around the IFR. If you're below 34 years of age the chances of dying are somewhere around 0,004% and in the age group 35-44 the fatality rate is 0,008%. The median age of dying is 83 over here.

Read a statistic that the chance of fatality between a 7 year old and 70 year old multiplies by a 1.000 times.
It's the wrong equation though. Because if death were the only potential negative outcome of COVID, that gives a pass for every 30-year-old laid up for three months and unable to work.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think you missed that I was not being serious.

I was playing devil's advocate. If we are questioning the act of protecting the "weak" and frail by doing lockdowns, then why wouldn't we question the wisdom of shielding psychological weaklings that can't handle the ultimate sacrifice of staying indoors for a while without going full-on Leaving Las Vegas?

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I think you missed that I was not being serious.

I was playing devil's advocate. If we are questioning the act of protecting the "weak" and frail by doing lockdowns, then why wouldn't we question the wisdom of shielding psychological weaklings that can't handle the ultimate sacrifice of staying indoors for a while without going full-on Leaving Las Vegas?
Didn't miss it, just wanted to question if you were serious or not.

The whole problem with all of that is the fact, that no matter what is being done, people have different type of genetics and as we cannot know what kind of effects any type of future situation will bring to us. There's a reason why we are thinking like this or like that and as we're through the evolution for so many years, we cannot change it by overnight. It's like an instinct, you just generally like doing some things more than others.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So with limited production we're trying to save 90 year olds?
I don't get it at that age either but I'm sure plenty of 90 year olds don't want to die yet. If you get it over 80 the mortality rate increases massively, so they're giving it to the wrinklies and severely auto-immune compromised first and then down the age groups.

I know two people with poor immune systems but no word of anything yet for them, which seems like bs. They are 30s and 40s.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I can imagine that a vaccine does more harm than good to a 90 yo. To protect old people it makes more sense to vaccine those around them like nursing home staff and the distinct family members that visit them once a year.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't get it at that age either but I'm sure plenty of 90 year olds don't want to die yet. If you get it over 80 the mortality rate increases massively, so they're giving it to the wrinklies and severely auto-immune compromised first and then down the age groups.

I know two people with poor immune systems but no word of anything yet for them, which seems like bs. They are 30s and 40s.
Of course they don't want to die. At least not majority. But there's very little common sense to it when you have young people dying, yet you save those that offer close to nothing to humanity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)