Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (61 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I get both your points from a medical point of view. But in both I read that even with vaccines it's still a mystery how the future of our society will be. But at the very same time we're being told to stay inside and wait for the vaccine. I just feel there's a glorification of vaccines in order to get back to normal when the real debate should be on what's acceptabel for us as a society.

I read a similarity over here in Dutch media between Covid restrictions and traffic laws. It assumed that speed limits were initially created to prevent deadly accidents from happening. If we limited the speed on the motorway at say 15 KM/h we'd probably see less deadly traffic accidents happening. But we're willing to accept those deaths in traffic on our motorway in order to get somewhere a lot sooner. We drew a line at a maximum speed with deadly accidents in mind I guess.

I'm not trying to create any controversy as I feel sorry for every infection and moreover for every death. But think the debate on going back to normal right now is being hijacked by some fairy tale vaccination instead of our current crop of politicians re-thinking where we should draw lines and communicating those with us. The real end game to this will be us drawing lines and not even vaccines imo.

I'm off to the pub on Zoom :snoop:
It's all good, no worries.

I do see your point and I understand what you're saying. At the end of the day though, a vaccine is the best chance that we have to immediately protect a large percentage of the population, which would probably at the very least end up easing SOME restrictions for even the most "protective" of governments. Start loving masks though, they're going to be around for a long time :p.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
hungary (population slightly below 10m) is having terrible numbers for weeks compared to the first wave. we closed down the borders after 3 (three) confirmed cases. the daily new cases never went above 210, and the active cases stayed pretty low, only twice above 2000. we never had more than 1000 people in hospitals, and they were mostly old people, with ~70-80 on respirators.

today we had ~4700 new positive cases, active cases are above 74k, daily deaths reached 100 today for the first time. 5500 in hospitals (some of them are full, capacity is lied to be around 20k), on respirators ~400, and the end isn't in sight at all, according to the latest model, this shit will peak around the end of january. the positive rate is ~24%, which means we should test a lot more. at least the death rate is relatively low, around 2,5%.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Hospitalizations and ICU patients at the highest they have been in 3 months in the US right now and rising daily.
That's horrible.

Oh and I also think that our government lies a lot when it comes to these numbers.

hungary (population slightly below 10m) is having terrible numbers for weeks compared to the first wave. we closed down the borders after 3 (three) confirmed cases. the daily new cases never went above 210, and the active cases stayed pretty low, only twice above 2000. we never had more than 1000 people in hospitals, and they were mostly old people, with ~70-80 on respirators.

today we had ~4700 new positive cases, active cases are above 74k, daily deaths reached 100 today for the first time. 5500 in hospitals (some of them are full, capacity is lied to be around 20k), on respirators ~400, and the end isn't in sight at all, according to the latest model, this shit will peak around the end of january. the positive rate is ~24%, which means we should test a lot more. at least the death rate is relatively low, around 2,5%.
That is insane. What is the reason behind crowded stadiums at this point? Just... why?

But yeah I expect peak to yet come. IMO this is nothing. I doubt we're gonna see scary stuff before December.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

whats the situation with old people homes?

here in canada, most of deathes was people in old people / retirement homes being hit hard

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
That is insane. What is the reason behind crowded stadiums at this point? Just... why?
prime minister loves football. :lol:

hungarian football is an endless goldmine if you're looking for stories. a friend of mine works for a well-known opposition oligarch who had a chat with the prime minister after the governing party won the election in 2010. orbán said that he can keep his companies if he continues to run diósgyőr (local club for miskolc, 2nd largest city), otherwise he's going to jail. of course the guy still keeps good care of that club.

- - - Updated - - -

whats the situation with old people homes?

here in canada, most of deathes was people in old people / retirement homes being hit hard
first wave had some similar disasters, hence the higher death rate during the first wave. back then, the virus basically stayed within the retirement homes, only a very few cases occured outside these homes and hospitals. during the second wave, i remember one single reported mass infection in a retirement home. now the virus is everywhere, especially in schools. night clubs only closed this monday, and only after midnight. :baus: lapa said the other day that this is a 3rd world country, and honestly, he's kinda right.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
prime minister loves football. :lol:

hungarian football is an endless goldmine if you're looking for stories. a friend of mine works for a well-known opposition oligarch who had a chat with the prime minister after the governing party won the election in 2010. orbán said that he can keep his companies if he continues to run diósgyőr (local club for miskolc, 2nd largest city), otherwise he's going to jail. of course the guy still keeps good care of that club
:lol2:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Wasn't the virus supposed to disappear today?
3 days ago. November 4th. Never mind that 7 day rolling average up over 100,000/day now and there are over 55,000 hospitalizations and 11,000 in ICU which are 3 month highs.

7 day rolling average deaths in a few days gonna be up over 1000/day for the first time since August.

Definite media & democrat hoax though. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

So if Trump gets corona again, will he still receive $70k of medicine paid for by us?
Hopefully goes to prison, gets corona again, and dies in glorious squalor there.

Would be worth it just for the wonderful conspiracy theories It would inspire from the alt right.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Is gonna disappear once Biden is in the office. Won't get as much airtime as it gets currently.
Sure buddy. Drink that kool-aid. :lol:

It will get just as much air-time if it’s killing 1000 plus Americans a day. The coverage of the new admins response obviously won’t be as negative because they shall listen to the public health experts for better or worse.

And that’s not even accounting for Faux News which has the most viewers in the US. They had 24/7 panic going on about Ebola Virus back in the Obama years, and it killed two people. Covid suddenly going to become a real virus for them finally. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)