Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (44 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
pegi questions the beliefs of the group, therefore he is Galileo

you mock his questions, therefore you are the church
That very very minuscule difference being that Galileo was a scientist doing research and experiments on what he was questioning...

And Pegi is random Tuz user who “believes what he believes” and doesn’t “care about the facts”.

Minuscule difference, as I said ;)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Nobody denies the climate change. Everyone knows it changes all the time and has changed forever. For example, how you explain cretaceous period when the average temperature was 15 degrees higher than nowdays and it was millions of years ago. on top of that, all the ice ages etc, yet people claim that climate started to change 100 years ago.

LOL.
:agree: Infact we are in the middle of an Ice Age right now, a state in which Earth has been only 15% of its history. Oh no, not the valuable icerino, somebody save the GLACIERINO!!!! It's not like there has been zero ice on Earth at all for the longest time, right? The same gullible minds who are susceptible to the globohomo agenda also fall for satanist deindustrialisation schemes. Useful idiots

edit: Quite the anthropocentric selfish thinking that just because Earth used to be cooler in your lifetime, which is a tiny timeframe it wouldn't be unnatural for Earth to return to a greenhouse period.
Dat depth

It has to do with rate of change and measurable human contribution

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's a myth to only tally the cost of the pandemic in deaths and skew it to old people. The stats show you're more likely to be a 30 year old flattened on his ass with a nasty illness for more than 3 months than you are to be a dead retiree with the virus. But because death is our only cost measure, we presume there's no impact on younger people other than open businesses.

Closing pubs is kind of a no brainer. Ain't nobody drinking pints has a clue about social distancing with loud music blaring. This is why bars became superspreader events in places like South Korea that otherwise did a killer job of control. Meanwhile, medical research studies clearly showed how the virus transmitted between neighboring dining tables in Chinese restaurants, so that's a known vector too.

And all this peacock posturing about saving jobs is kind of a false bargain. What good is a job if its business just gets more people sick and out of the workforce (if not dead)?

Whack. Thanks for the share.

Being here I am learning more about how America is morphing from the locus of global liberal democracy to more parochial cultural weirdness... the way Westerners might look at an Indian subculture that tortures itself by embedding hooks in their skin as part of a spiritual practice of enlightenment. Things like American wokeness, racism obsessions, and Trump reality distortion fields are becoming anthropological to the rest of the world.

Good interview on this with a former Tuga in the US:
https://pullrequest.substack.com/p/american-magical-realism

If they ain't getting the test, why would they even get the vaccine?

165f57fe0caa48c8b9ca91771927a55b.jpg

Some of our relatives, however, are still stuck there.
Bars and construction sites have been hotspots in my city.

To date, I've only seen one restaurant/business with doors open. Common sense, sense of aerosol spread and viral particle dilution aren't common yet. Germany now might be the first western country instructing its citizens to keep doors and windows open.

Last edited:

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Yep that's what I thought and as I pointed out it's an absurd comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Good read for those interested in psychology.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/04/denial-science-chris-mooney/
Why would i go ahead and read some random biased article written by someone, who obviously has biased opinion?

After WW2 sugar became a thing and sugar industry blamed fat for different diseases. Science somewhat proved it's fat, so people kept eating sugar just like normally. Nowdays, you got all these modern diseases in diabetes and people being totally hooked on sugar.

There's alot of different science, choose where you want to believe in - especially nowdays.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think it's a myth to only tally the cost of the pandemic in deaths and skew it to old people. The stats show you're more likely to be a 30 year old flattened on his ass with a nasty illness for more than 3 months than you are to be a dead retiree with the virus. But because death is our only cost measure, we presume there's no impact on younger people other than open businesses.

Closing pubs is kind of a no brainer. Ain't nobody drinking pints has a clue about social distancing with loud music blaring. This is why bars became superspreader events in places like South Korea that otherwise did a killer job of control. Meanwhile, medical research studies clearly showed how the virus transmitted between neighboring dining tables in Chinese restaurants, so that's a known vector too.

And all this peacock posturing about saving jobs is kind of a false bargain. What good is a job if its business just gets more people sick and out of the workforce (if not dead)?
I think everyone knows it can affect young people seriously. Yet people want to go on with their lives anyway. Maybe it will take seeing it happen in person to realise how bad it can be, but people should choose for themselves.

Saving jobs is a false bargain? Idk, tell that to those who need them to pay rent and feed their families?

So you want to prevent spreading so that people who are at risk can feel safe to go about their lives (go the work, the market, etc.) , in the process preventing others (restaurant, pub, gym workers) from going about their lives?

Last edited:

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I think everyone knows it can affect young people seriously. Yet people want to go on with their lives anyway. Maybe it will take seeing it happen in person to realise how bad it can be, but people should choose for themselves.

Saving jobs is a false bargain? Idk, tell that to those who need them to pay rent and feed their families?
The main thing for us in here is still to survive and people ain't afraid of their survival in here, it's just the "natural" behaviour in the end. If heads were dropping from the shoulders left n right, you wouldn't see many people outside. It just proves people realize that this ain't a threat for the humanity and very little risk for themselves, while feeding their families(like you mentioned).

- - - Updated - - -

Choose which "science" suits your own preferences lol? It doesn't work like that. There is science and then everything else that isn't science. Science has to come from scientists, not bloggers, youtubers and twitter accounts.
World is full of scientists. Everybody can be a scientist nowdays.

Jun 6, 2015
Why would i go ahead and read some random biased article written by someone, who obviously has biased opinion?

After WW2 sugar became a thing and sugar industry blamed fat for different diseases. Science somewhat proved it's fat, so people kept eating sugar just like normally. Nowdays, you got all these modern diseases in diabetes and people being totally hooked on sugar.

There's alot of different science, choose where you want to believe in - especially nowdays.
:boh:I didn't ask you to read it. I don't have much hope that you'll ever be able to understand the limitations of your thought processes.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
:boh:I didn't ask you to read it. I don't have much hope that you'll ever be able to understand the limitations of your thought processes.
My opinion about it ended on question mark, yet you talk about something like you have asked something. Didn't see your question, but i take it as a compliment as an universal voice of the scientific facts.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
what does this even mean?
Don’t question his dogma. He believes it regardless of the facts. And if you believe otherwise you just following your very biased agenda. SAD!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting to question if this is an epic long con troll
Probably an @Alen double account.

Or maybe @pitbull made a new account, just jumped across the Baltic from Latvia to Finland. Pegi’s opinions seem quite close to Pitbull’s.

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
World is full of scientists. Everybody can be a scientist nowdays.
Pretending isn't the same as being. But you're right in the sense that people believe they can "fake it 'til they make it" with almost anything. So people go down a rabbit hole of pseudo-science and outright lies and it forms a concise work of absolute rubbish.

Jun 6, 2015
Pretending isn't the same as being. But you're right in the sense that people believe they can "fake it 'til they make it" with almost anything. So people go down a rabbit hole of pseudo-science and outright lies and it forms a concise work of absolute rubbish.
Thankfully peer review is there to make sure that you won't get published in highly regarded scientific journals unless you really know your stuff. Of course there are shittier scientific journals that have made a business out of publishing those studies of lesser quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)