Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (103 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think you still quite understand what scientific theory means. Much of our understanding of the world is based on scientific theories. For example without information theory we wouldn't be having this discussion. I think you are greatly underestimating the amount of knowledge we have about the ways the world works.

At the top of the last page I posted a link explaining the Milankovitch cycles, perhaps you should go read it.
We do have the knowledge at certain extent, but there's no really anything we can base the certain information, just like it's with the earth. Like, you cannot really say what's "natural" and what's not. Is our existence natural for example? Like where do you base it?

That Milakovitch cycle is a study, based on his views and once again, it's not a fact but i don't deny it might be good guess.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
We do have the knowledge at certain extent, but there's no really anything we can base the certain information, just like it's with the earth. Like, you cannot really say what's "natural" and what's not. Is our existence natural for example? Like where do you base it?

That Milakovitch cycle is a study, based on his views and once again, it's not a fact but i don't deny it might be good guess.
Where do you stand on darwin's evolution theory?

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Where do you stand on darwin's evolution theory?
It's my belief how we're where we're at nowdays. I don't care if it's a fact or not, it's what i believe. I don't really care whether our body temperature is "naturally" 36.5-37c, because it hasn't always been and it moulded through the evolution, to make our bodies function properly at this day.

Jun 6, 2015

Wrong, it's a scientific theory. Meaning it has gone through rigorous scrutiny and is now an accepted concept that describes earths movements.

There's conclusive evidence to back up these theories, I certainly don't have the knowledge in atmospheric physics to challenge them. Based on our interactions thus far I seriously doubt you have either.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Wrong, it's a scientific theory. Meaning it has gone through rigorous scrutiny and is now an accepted concept that describes earths movements.

There's conclusive evidence to back up these theories, I certainly don't have the knowledge in atmospheric physics to challenge them. Based on our interactions thus far I seriously doubt you have either.
Of course i can question the science, that's the point of it. Based on the current information, it might be the most believed scenario, but it once again, doesn't make it a fact.

Jun 6, 2015
Whether his takes are right or wrong, what i do see is Plato's cave in full display. As in you can totally tell who would have been the church and who would have been galileo out of the bunch.
I find it quite funny how Galileo is nowadays used by some to discredit those who believe in science. He was a scientist who believed in scientific methods. It's people who don't believe in scientific methods that are the church in your example not the other way around. Comparing contrarians with no real knowledge of the subject to Galileo is pretty absurd.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I find it quite funny how Galileo is nowadays used by some to discredit those who believe in science. He was a scientist who believed in scientific methods. It's people who don't believe in scientific methods that are the church in your example not the other way around. Comparing contrarians with no real knowledge of the subject to Galileo is pretty absurd.
:agree:

We should all believe Qanon conspiracies, pizzagate, and holocaust denial. That way we can be the Galileos of our time! :weee:

Should probably be flat-earthers too, just for shits and giggles. Round earth way too dogmatic nowadays. Just a theory for sure. ;)

Jun 6, 2015
Of course i can question the science, that's the point of it. Based on the current information, it might be the most believed scenario, but it once again, doesn't make it a fact.
Well pretty darn close to a fact. Anyways I wish you the best of luck in your journey exploring the mysteries of the world.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

We should all believe Qanon conspiracies, pizzagate, and holocaust denial. That way we can be the Galileos of our time! :weee:

Should probably be flat-earthers too, just for shits and giggles. Round earth way too dogmatic nowadays. Just a theory for sure. ;)
Team Galileo fo eva :dule:

Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Way to miss the point, but that was to be expected

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Whether his takes are right or wrong, what i do see is Plato's cave in full display. As in you can totally tell who would have been the church and who would have been galileo out of the bunch.
I just like how we've jumped from mask/lockdowns, to Trump, to climate change, and then to what it really means to be a theory all within like 2 pages. It's like a speedrun attempt of the Murica thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)