Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (38 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
:agree: Infact we are in the middle of an Ice Age right now, a state in which Earth has been only 15% of its history. Oh no, not the valuable icerino, somebody save the GLACIERINO!!!! It's not like there has been zero ice on Earth at all for the longest time, right? The same gullible minds who are susceptible to the globohomo agenda also fall for satanist deindustrialisation schemes. Useful idiots

edit: Quite the anthropocentric selfish thinking that just because Earth used to be cooler in your lifetime, which is a tiny timeframe it would be unnatural for Earth to return to a greenhouse period.
"it would be unnatural for Earth to return to a greenhouse period" :rofl::rofl::rofl:Like who you're to say what's "supposed" the climate in here? In fact, it's more selfish to try to manipulate what's Earth's natural climate and its cycles. You should get a reality check and accept the fact that climate changes, whether humans are here or not. Without the humans, it was more warm and nowdays, it's cooler. And after humans are gone, it will still change - accept it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
"it would be unnatural for Earth to return to a greenhouse period" :rofl::rofl::rofl:Like who you're to say what's "supposed" the climate in here? In fact, it's more selfish to try to manipulate what's Earth's natural climate and its cycles. You should get a reality check and accept the fact that climate changes, whether humans are here or not. Without the humans, it was more warm and nowdays, it's cooler. And after humans are gone, it will still change - accept it.
I meant to write 'wouldn't' but my N key sometimes doesn't work because I have used it too much on other occasions

- - - Updated - - -

He’s right, we survived the Cretaceous, we can survive anything
Cretaceous is nothing against the challenge to survive Gretaceous

:snoop:

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I meant to write 'wouldn't' but my N key sometimes doesn't work because I have used it too much on other occasions

- - - Updated - - -

Cretaceous is nothing against the challenge to survive Gretaceous

:snoop:
Too bad the "n" key worked pretty much in all the other words. Also, if you were to use "wouldn't, you forgot "but" in front of it.

Still doesn't change a thing tho.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Seeing a climate change denier fight another climate change denier over a sentence he didn't quite understand pretty much sums up climate change deniers.
Once again, nobody denies it. One more time: Climate has changed since the beginning. TO clarify, not since these meteorologists or weather casts started to bring it on the table, but since the beginning.

With or without the humans, climate has changed - cannot be more simple than that.

Jun 6, 2015
Once again, nobody denies it. One more time: Climate has changed since the beginning. TO clarify, not since these meteorologists or weather casts started to bring it on the table, but since the beginning.

With or without the humans, climate has changed - cannot be more simple than that.
Climate change denier is a term that refers to people who don't believe in the scientific consensus about the causes of the current change.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Seeing a climate change denier fight another climate change denier over a sentence he didn't quite understand pretty much sums up climate change deniers.
This is true but I am a moderate and logical doomsday denier rather than a climate change denier. Greens are the real climate change deniers by assuming climate went in a straight line and suddenly shot up after man set his foot on a plane

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Climate change denier is a term that refers to people who don't believe in the scientific consensus about the causes of the current change.
So there's a term, for a scientific accusation that something is happening because of something. It something was actually happening because of humans, im pretty sure it wouldn't divide the opinions of many scientists. Of course, this ain't like a religion where everyone who doesn't believe in something, makes him an atheist, right?

There's certain scientific facts that are facts, climate change caused by humans ain't one of them. Science itself is all about questioning things and if you can't question it, it ain't science so are you basing this "denier" thing on what, because it ain't based on facts? Denying your opinion?

Jun 6, 2015
So there's a term, for a scientific accusation that something is happening because of something. It something was actually happening because of humans, im pretty sure it wouldn't divide the opinions of many scientists. Of course, this ain't like a religion where everyone who doesn't believe in something, makes him an atheist, right?

There's certain scientific facts that are facts, climate change caused by humans ain't one of them. Science itself is all about questioning things and if you can't question it, it ain't science so are you basing this "denier" thing on what, because it ain't based on facts? Denying your opinion?
It is though.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, you don’t understand the difference between scientific use of the word “theory” and layman use of the word “theory”...
It still doesn't make it a fact, that's what this is all about. As long as it ain't a fact, there's room for different opinions. My opinion of the thing is that climate has always changed, will always change and will change after humans are gone. To go ahead and try to stop such a natural thing, is just pure selfishness of humanity.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It’s “divided the opinions of many scientists” though!

I mean, even if the 97% stat is a wee bit of nonsense, the critical consensus is between 80-90% of climate and related field scientists supporting human driven climate change... but what do they know. Our Finnish Tuz climatologist/epidemiologist dropping truth bombs in here.

- - - Updated - - -

It still doesn't make it a fact, that's what this is all about. As long as it ain't a fact, there's room for different opinions. My opinion of the thing is that climate has always changed, will always change and will change after humans are gone. To go ahead and try to stop such a natural thing, is just pure selfishness of humanity.
Are you mental? Serious question...

No one is advocating stopping natural climate change cycles. They are advocating limiting human influenced climate change that takes us out of the natural cycle. This is so blindingly obvious, it is hard to imagine anyone could still be in denial about this.

And theories in science are hypotheses that have been rigorously tested using the scientific method, they aren’t just random guesses put out there without evidence which you seem to suggest.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Why would that shut down your business though? If you and your staff have on masks, sanitize the location thoroughly, wash your hands every 10 minutes and not touch your face, you should be fine.

I don't think there is any disagreement between us here.

I don't necessarily disagree that there should be some level of public control as in the case of 300 person church gatherings. Various activities carry various degrees of risk and reward.

But why close restaurants and pubs, keeping people out of jobs? So grandma can feel safe buying cat food at the grocery? Actually many of those from the most vulnerable groups would still risk their lives going to churches and restaurants if you let them. Why stop them?
I think it's a myth to only tally the cost of the pandemic in deaths and skew it to old people. The stats show you're more likely to be a 30 year old flattened on his ass with a nasty illness for more than 3 months than you are to be a dead retiree with the virus. But because death is our only cost measure, we presume there's no impact on younger people other than open businesses.

Closing pubs is kind of a no brainer. Ain't nobody drinking pints has a clue about social distancing with loud music blaring. This is why bars became superspreader events in places like South Korea that otherwise did a killer job of control. Meanwhile, medical research studies clearly showed how the virus transmitted between neighboring dining tables in Chinese restaurants, so that's a known vector too.

And all this peacock posturing about saving jobs is kind of a false bargain. What good is a job if its business just gets more people sick and out of the workforce (if not dead)?

Good questions.

that said, here in Utah the anti mask/anti lockdown movement (we’ve actually never had a lockdown) has morphed into the anti test movement

rejoice!
Whack. Thanks for the share.

it’s mostly some Mormons, maga, soccer moms and the body armor guys

constitutional freedom is their main argument
Even though no ones required to get tested
They believe it’s their right to not do what isn’t required of them
Being here I am learning more about how America is morphing from the locus of global liberal democracy to more parochial cultural weirdness... the way Westerners might look at an Indian subculture that tortures itself by embedding hooks in their skin as part of a spiritual practice of enlightenment. Things like American wokeness, racism obsessions, and Trump reality distortion fields are becoming anthropological to the rest of the world.

Good interview on this with a former Tuga in the US:
https://pullrequest.substack.com/p/american-magical-realism

I think they want us all to become so desperate that we're begging for vaccines
If they ain't getting the test, why would they even get the vaccine?

What’s up with users with Arnold avatar
165f57fe0caa48c8b9ca91771927a55b.jpg

He’s right, we survived the Cretaceous, we can survive anything
Some of our relatives, however, are still stuck there.

Jun 6, 2015
Of course it has and will continue to change, no one is denying that. What you fail to understand are the timescales and the reasons for those changes. There's nothing natural in the amount of CO2 we've emitted to the atmosphere.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
It’s “divided the opinions of many scientists” though!

I mean, even if the 97% stat is a wee bit of nonsense, the critical consensus is between 80-90% of climate and related field scientists supporting human driven climate change... but what do they know. Our Finnish Tuz climatologist/epidemiologist dropping truth bombs in here.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you mental? Serious question...

No one is advocating stopping natural climate change cycles. They are advocating limiting human influenced climate change that takes us out of the natural cycle. This is so blindingly obvious, it is hard to imagine anyone could still be in denial about this.

And theories in science are hypotheses that have been rigorously tested using the scientific method, they aren’t just random guesses put out there without evidence which you seem to suggest.
Like science hasn't been wrong in all these years? There's tons of things that were scientifically correct at one time, but changed lately. That's what it all about. One more time, once it ain't accepted as a fact, it's still a theory.

Secondly, only thing that is natural is the fact that climate changes. You're claiming that there's "certain" cycle how it is supposed to be. Like how you're able to know how it is supposed to be, when the whole complex earth is so difficult that there ain't real reference on anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it has and will continue to change, no one is denying that. What you fail to understand are the timescales and the reasons for those changes. There's nothing natural in the amount of CO2 we've emitted to the atmosphere.
So based on that, during the time when the average climate was 15c higher, it should be pretty obvious that the amount of CO2 on the athmosphere was also higher. So since it was higher millions of years ago, how it cannot be "natural" in 2020? Yes, because humans are here to tell you, how it is "supposed" to be.

Smh.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
Like science hasn't been wrong in all these years? There's tons of things that were scientifically correct at one time, but changed lately. That's what it all about. One more time, once it ain't accepted as a fact, it's still a theory.

Secondly, only thing that is natural is the fact that climate changes. You're claiming that there's "certain" cycle how it is supposed to be. Like how you're able to know how it is supposed to be, when the whole complex earth is so difficult that there ain't real reference on anything.

- - - Updated - - -

So based on that, during the time when the average climate was 15c higher, it should be pretty obvious that the amount of CO2 on the athmosphere was also higher. So since it was higher millions of years ago, how it cannot be "natural" in 2020? Yes, because humans are here to tell you, how it is "supposed" to be.

Smh.
I don't think you still quite understand what scientific theory means. Much of our understanding of the world is based on scientific theories. For example without information theory we wouldn't be having this discussion. I think you are greatly underestimating the amount of knowledge we have about the ways the world works.

At the top of the last page I posted a link explaining the Milankovitch cycles, perhaps you should go read it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)