Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (94 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Didn't the US decrease the number of tests?

Balkan countries getting huge (record) numbers these days.
We are testing far more these days so higher numbers are expected. There is enough capacity at hospitals and only 3% of ventilators are in use. Life goes on.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Long term Covid symptons like reduced lung capacity, heart problems or endless fatigue 6 months after the infection are more worrying than death rates.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54296223

A study of 143 people in Rome's biggest hospital, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, followed hospital patients after they were discharged.
It showed 87% had at least one symptom nearly two months later and more than half still had fatigue.
You didn't answer my question, also that is not the percentage of people who GET covid. Additionally and most importantly, these people got pneumonia, you know how long it takes to recover from pneumonia? Also no mention of heart or lung damage. So a whole lotta nothing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What has empathy got to do with this? What about personal responsibility instead of the state deciding what's best for everyone?
Who said anything about personal responsibility? I don’t think hard lockdowns should be happening anywhere but places that have failed badly and let it spiral out of control. I’m certainly happy we have kept lockdowns to a bare minimum where l am after the initial one to get our response sorted. Personal responsibility has to play a part, certainly, but if you’re going to be a dumbass during a pandemic the government is there to hold those dummies who endanger others accountable, in the same way you get speeding tickets, drunk driving tickets, etc.

But going on nonsensically about it being “perfectly under control”, it being “a whole lotta nothing”, “barely killing anyone”, and “life goes on” shows zero empathy for the millions who have lost loved ones to this.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Who said anything about personal responsibility? I don’t think hard lockdowns should be happening anywhere but places that have failed badly and let it spiral out of control. I’m certainly happy we have kept lockdowns to a bare minimum where l am after the initial one to get our response sorted. Personal responsibility has to play a part, certainly, but if you’re going to be a dumbass during a pandemic the government is there to hold those dummies who endanger others accountable, in the same way you get speeding tickets, drunk driving tickets, etc.

But going on nonsensically about it being “under control”, it being “a whole lotta nothing”, “barely killing anyone”, and “life goes on” shows zero empathy for the millions who have lost loved ones to this.
I misunderstood you then. Fair enough

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The problem will vanish once Kamala is President because people will suddenly not care anymore.
My favourite was when conservative America was panicking about Ebola and predicting “Barack Ebola” was going to let it sweep across the nation killing millions. Fox News and others during the “Ebola scare” were priceless. How many died again? 1 or 2?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
My favourite was when conservative America was panicking about Ebola and predicting “Barack Ebola” was going to let it sweep across the nation killing millions. Fox News and others during the “Ebola scare” were priceless. How many died again? 1 or 2?
and let’s not forget that was enough for Obama to form a pandemic response team which was one of the first things Trump got rid of once he was in office.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
What has empathy got to do with this? What about personal responsibility instead of the state deciding what's best for everyone?
I would say personal responsibility, social responsibility (along with other human qualities) and then empathy should be the last deciding factor on how individuals cope with this sort of situation. Most of us will come short in at least one of these departments. Every individual is free to believe that they’re good and responsible until their breaking point, that’s when true goodness and sense of responsibility show. But generally speaking, most of us crumble down when being faced with someone else’s differences, that’s when states start deciding what’s best for everyone, which is the case most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Some people just have zero capacity for empathy and compassion. I feel sorry for such failed humans. It’s a wee bit pathetic to put on such a “tough guy” act all the time.
Only reason you think that way, because you live in so called welfare state that gives you an access to the internet and the quality of life is higher than it is somewhere where people have nothing. If you were living somewhere else, you had 11 siblings and no food, you would get that food from anywhere whether there's a covid-19 threat or not. Now since you don't have to think about that, you're enjoying about the luxury we have in here in electricity and groceries for example, it gives you time to complain about how the closest grocery store of yours didn't have your favourite bread. Then when you have alot of things like most of the so called millionaires or billionaires, they start to feel bad about others, aka getting emphatic because they have something others don't. You're that millionare compared to people who have nothing, you have no perspective to anything that's real life somewhere. That's the same reason why people are complaining so much about everything nowdays. People are just generally doing so well, that one set back might make you desperate because you're not used to it. You're used to do so well and get whatever you want, that once that your favourite bread isn't available, you feel like shit, because it ain't normal. Normal is when you have everything in the palm of your hand and once this covid-19 came out you lost the control on your life.

Im emphatic enough to not wish death for anybody, but i still do realize that one human out of the billions ain't gonna run us into to extinct, neither even millions. This situation ain't about me or how im doing, it's about how people are doing and it seems people are more than willing to take the "risks" for living the life than sitting back at home. If you wanna sit back at home and stare the new cases, then do it but don't judge people living the life and that leads to the fact whether you're behind the monitor, window or anything else hiding from the reality, life still goes on.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:lol:

My life hasn’t changed at all from Covid. We’ve had like 250 cases in my part of the country during the entire pandemic, thus far. We haven’t had a full lockdown yet. Schools only shut down for a few weeks in the spring. And the few businesses that did shut down initially are mostly fully reopened. I’ve worked, climbed, surfed, hiked, etc throughout this entire thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)