Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (51 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Actually - meant to post this in the Murica thread...sometimes with all the anti- "you know who" stuff in this thread I forget which thread it is :grin:

You gotta love Shaq though, the guy is genuine. Always honest too.
I heard he wanted to be in X-Men along with MJ.

https://sciencefiction.com/2020/07/...ey-and-michael-jackson-because-it-could-have/

Awesomeness. That hair... oh, that hair. And I'm talking about the guys.

But I gotta say, even the Texas exports here don't fall in the fugly category.

My uncle, his wife and their two children all got corona :sad:
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they'll have full recoveries.

Greece missed the podium this year, that's an improvement
Can't have PIGS without the G. Then it's just PIS

What part of "tourists aren't in a pandemic, they ARE the pandemic" do people not understand?

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Hopefully they breeze through it. Are they in the US or Iran?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
They are in Iran. My uncle is hospitalized. My cousin has asthma but his symptoms are milder.

Hope they recover.
my cousin’s father in law passed away yesterday. The first fatality that I knew personally.
Sorry about that :sad: My highschool friend's father passed away in Esfahan two weeks ago. He was in his 60's but had heart problems. The whole thing was fast, his symptoms were improving but he didn't make it. No funeral, it was terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Early results from a sample of 1077
It's very promising. I don't want to get my hopes up but it'd be great if the vaccine is ready by November.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Early results from a sample of 1077
90% of clinical trials fail, btw. So again, this is like "Cassano to Juve" rumors all over again until proven otherwise.

They are in Iran. My uncle is hospitalized. My cousin has asthma but his symptoms are milder.

Sorry about that :sad: My highschool friend's father passed away in Esfahan two weeks ago. He was in his 60's but had heart problems. The whole thing was fast, his symptoms were improving but he didn't make it. No funeral, it was terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

It's very promising. I don't want to get my hopes up but it'd be great if the vaccine is ready by November.
Ouch... hospitalized. Sorry to hear that. I guess the good news is there's a lot more experience with this now.

Again, about getting hopes up, I get it. But there's a reason you don't rush medical studies. Even if the thing passes, there are so many hurdles after that -- including how many people can access the vaccine, how many will actually take the vaccine even if it's available, how effective the vaccine will be for what percentage of the population, how quickly the vaccine will lose effectiveness and effectively "wear off", etc.

I get that people want to end this and pretend like everything is back to normal. That will not truly be able to happen for years.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
90% of clinical trials fail, btw. So again, this is like "Cassano to Juve" rumors all over again until proven otherwise.

Ouch... hospitalized. Sorry to hear that. I guess the good news is there's a lot more experience with this now.

Again, about getting hopes up, I get it. But there's a reason you don't rush medical studies. Even if the thing passes, there are so many hurdles after that -- including how many people can access the vaccine, how many will actually take the vaccine even if it's available, how effective the vaccine will be for what percentage of the population, how quickly the vaccine will lose effectiveness and effectively "wear off", etc.

I get that people want to end this and pretend like everything is back to normal. That will not truly be able to happen for years.
I agree completely hence why I try to be realistic about it. But the trials have been very promising. Even if only doctors and people who work in hospitals can access it in the beginning it would be a great step forward. It sucks to live life like this but I have been lucky to be able to keep my job and work from home while staying safe so really no complaints when I see people who are struggling financially and health-wise.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear that. He was also in his 60s with heart problems. He was receiving the best medical care possible, and his condition was stable. Nobody expected him to die. Two of his children couldn’t even see him before his death.
The no funeral thing is the worst part.

- - - Updated - - -

I know. There are 191 teams across the globe working on a vaccine. Most of them will likely fail. I’m just cautiously optimistic.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I agree completely hence why I try to be realistic about it. But the trials have been very promising. Even if only doctors and people who work in hospitals can access it in the beginning it would be a great step forward. It sucks to live life like this but I have been lucky to be able to keep my job and work from home while staying safe so really no complaints when I see people who are struggling financially and health-wise.
I totally get that people want to hold hope and seek out a possible savior from the mess we're in. But there's a reason effective vaccines take years to develop. For example, immune responses can be very different for men and women, but none of the trial protocols address that. Then add the questions of even if a successful vaccine is made, who will have access, how many with access will actually get it, and of those who get it how many will get real resistance over some weak antibody reaction as being measured now, and even of those who develop a resistance with the vaccine how long will it effectively last?

So many hurdles...

I watch this, and I think about how Friends was like a castrated version of Happy Endings.

Funny, because Happy Endings did a charity clip online yesterday for their first work together in 7 years.

2 of my brother’s colleagues recently threw a COVID party. They are real :lol:
Oh I'm sure they're real. Just as real as the college students who would readily shove Mentos and Coca-Cola up their Panucci-holes as part of some TikTok challenge. This is Tide Pod Nation after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)