Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (43 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
This. 100%.

If countries had used the two months of warning we had instead of buying into Chinese propaganda and WHO downplaying, we could have had broad testing protocols, contact tracing, mask and social distancing practices all organized by the time shit hit the fan in the west. Instead, we had some leaders calling it a hoax and saying no one was going to die (Trump style), other leaders afraid to do anything for fear of seeming anti-Chinese/racist and offending the progressive identity politics crowd (Trudeau style). And we ended up with a full blown shut down because we weren’t prepared at all.
How you're going to be fully prepared for something, that hasn't happened before? For example first death in Europe happened 45 days after that virus being found in China. It means, even if all the borders were closed, masks were used and people "somehow" followed social distancing rules, it should have started straight away in the December, or was it in the beginning January and it would have meant closing basically everything like this and that right there, is something you don't do. If all the goverments somehow knew that if we could make lockdown like a fucking 70% shorter by doing this right away instead of in 2 months(when it wasn't even confirmed that lockdown would happen), they would have but doing something like that, making people lose their jobs and so on isn't something that is done by snapping your fingers.

Next time something like this happens, alot of the things will be dealt very differently and that's why humans exist, because we can adapt. Im just afraid when something like this happens next time, people are literally panicing out that much that it's a lockdown regardless and it will last as long as it's gone. Like all the moral based things, whether it's right thing to go work, is it right to be outside and so on. It gonna affect in a same way, whether we want or not so i really can't be dissapointed how this was dealt with, as it was something new for everyone and result would have always been a lockdown, but the lenght of it might have been different.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
2 Missouri hair stylists cut 139 customers’ hair while having COVID-19 and wearing masks. None of the customers who were tested were positive. The ones who were not tested did not develop any symptoms.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The place where I go to buy vape pens has a sign out front that says if you don’t want to wear a mask, you don’t have to because they don’t want to infringe on your constitutional rights. No one who works there wears one either.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The place where I go to buy vape pens has a sign out front that says if you don’t want to wear a mask, you don’t have to because they don’t want to infringe on your constitutional rights. No one who works there wears one either.
It’s not a PA state law to wear one in indoor public spaces?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It’s not a PA state law to wear one in indoor public spaces?
it is. What it really says is that you don’t have to wear a mask per cdc or whatever if you have a medical condition preventing you from wearing it. And they will not ask you if you have a medical Condition since it’s unconstitutional. Idk how true that is, but the people there are kinda rednecky so I don’t ask questions. I like their products and service tho, good place for buying vapes, they can keep my business

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Just a quick question to most over here:

Imagine there's a breakthrough and we have an effective and 'clinically tested' vaccin in the world. Who would want to get vaccinated?

I simply don't know the situation in the US but compared to The Netherlands there are religious groups (mostly living in the same area) who will not get vaccinated because of religious beliefs or distrust in Gates/WHO. A recent study in our country has shown only 66% would like to get vaccinated. Which seems rather low to me. Therefor even if a vaccine would come through it wouldn't make society go back to normal.

Considering getting vaccinated is voluntarily over here (eventhough there is a huge debate ongoing) it means getting an effective vaccine wouldn't solve all considering 33% is still likely to get infected and potentially spread it (not vaccinated = potentially spreading). Meaning the hospital capacity will stil remain a problem and this wouldn't get back to normal

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Just a quick question to most over here:

Imagine there's a breakthrough and we have an effective and 'clinically tested' vaccin in the world. Who would want to get vaccinated?

I simply don't know the situation in the US but compared to The Netherlands there are religious groups (mostly living in the same area) who will not get vaccinated because of religious beliefs or distrust in Gates/WHO. A recent study in our country has shown only 66% would like to get vaccinated. Which seems rather low to me. Therefor even if a vaccine would come through it wouldn't make society go back to normal.

Considering getting vaccinated is voluntarily over here (eventhough there is a huge debate ongoing) it means getting an effective vaccine wouldn't solve all considering 33% is still likely to get infected and potentially spread it (not vaccinated = potentially spreading). Meaning the hospital capacity will stil remain a problem and this wouldn't get back to normal
There are similar data in the US that up to 30% won’t get vaccinated. I’m not too worried about it since 60-70% should be enough for herd immunity.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
it is. What it really says is that you don’t have to wear a mask per cdc or whatever if you have a medical condition preventing you from wearing it. And they will not ask you if you have a medical Condition since it’s unconstitutional. Idk how true that is, but the people there are kinda rednecky so I don’t ask questions. I like their products and service tho, good place for buying vapes, they can keep my business
It'd be probably against the HIPAA privacy rule.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with zero impact on the outcome but it might spur others on. Lives are very much at risk anyway.
It is very likely to backfire (than to have any positive outcome) in the case of political prisoners in Iran by making it much easier to connect the prisoners/activists to foreign countries, which in most cases is the basis for death sentences.

Last edited:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3666

For the first time, a majority, 53 - 46 percent, have either been or personally know someone who has been infected by the coronavirus.

Voters give the president a negative 35 - 62 percent approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus response, his lowest mark since the question was first asked in March.
A clear majority of voters, 62 - 31 percent, say they think President Trump is hurting rather than helping efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

• Two-thirds, 67 - 30 percent, say they do not trust the information President Trump is providing about the coronavirus.
  • Conversely, nearly two-thirds, 65 - 26 percent, say they trust the information Dr. Anthony Fauci is providing about the coronavirus.
  • Voters say more than 2 to 1, 61 - 29 percent, that they disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling the re-opening of schools
  • They also say 2 to 1, 62 - 31 percent, that they think it will be unsafe to send students to elementary, middle, or high school in the fall.
  • A slightly smaller number, 59 - 34 percent, say they think it will be unsafe to send students to college in the fall.
  • Slightly more than 7 in 10 Americans, 71 - 26 percent, think everyone should be required to wear face masks in public.
  • A slightly higher number, 80 - 17 percent, believe masks or face coverings are effective in slowing the spread of the coronavirus.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It'd be probably against the HIPAA privacy rule.

- - - Updated - - -

It is very likely to backfire (than to have any positive outcome) in the case of political prisoners in Iran by making it much easier to connect the prisoners/activists to foreign countries, which in most cases is the basis for death sentences.
I admire your optimism that you think situation for political prisoners can get any worse, and the regime wouldn’t do the worst to them anyway, but I disagree with you 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumors that Texas will go into lockdown again.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...p-orders-hospitals-stop-sending-covid-19-data

what are the benefits of not having CDC report coronavirus data anymore?
For the Trump admin? Ability to release only the numbers they want to and possibly even manipulate and fudge them, as CDC data was publicly available and this is not. Trump’s been talking about trying to make the numbers look better for a while now. Tinpot dictatorship level governance.

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/614224/

Imagine supporting an imbecile president busy having his staff attack his own nation’s top infectious disease expert during a pandemic that his now killed 140,000 Americans with the daily death toll rising again. Genius

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I admire your optimism that you think situation for political prisoners can get any worse, and the regime wouldn’t do the worst to them anyway, but I disagree with you 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Rumors that Texas will go into lockdown again.
I’m hopeful, their lawyer is hopeful, and he knows and said himself that things like Trump’s tweets can hurt their case. Armed robbery is part of their charges (enough for a death sentence in Iran as you know), last thing they need is bogus charges of being connected to “foreign enemies”.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I’m hopeful, their lawyer is hopeful, and he knows and said himself that things like Trump’s tweets can hurt their case. Armed robbery is part of their charges (enough for a death sentence in Iran as you know), last thing they need is bogus charges of being connected to “foreign enemies”.
I don’t think I explained myself well enough. I’m hopeful too. It’s just that I don’t think Trump’s tweet has any effect on their charges. If they are saved it’s not because judiciary suddenly decided to hold a fair trial.
I read somewhere that Shirin Ebadi once represented 7 Bahai citizens in a case of espionage. Their charge was that they were spying for US and Israel: US because US condemned their arrests, and Israel because they didn’t condemn their arrests so it must have been true.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)