Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (31 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
thats fast, in the US turnaround is 5 to 7 days for non priority patients
Damn, 5-7 days is a very long time for these results.

I went to a pop-up, drive-thru clinic at my local shopping mall, an easy process and they said the results between 24 to 72 hours. Apparently it’s definitely in 24 hours if you get tested in a hospital.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Face masks will be mandatory in England in retail outlets from July 24th. Boris didn't want to go down this route but health officials pushed him.

I would say maybe 1 in 4 or 5 people wear them currently, on a good day.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Once again a hypothetical scenario about Obama being in the office where the whole purpose is to make Trump look bad. Yes, he does have way more influence than anybody else, he also got selected as the president of USA and might get re-elected again, so there must be atleast something that he does well. I don't know American politics that well that i'd be able to say what he has done or what he didn't do, but if i built my personal image about him what's being said in the internet, he would have never made it to the president in the first place and even less, for having a possibility to get re-elected.

Some of the people think about this Corona situation that it should be dealt with by letting it be, then there's others who won't leave their houses etc. Everyone have different way of approaching this, whatever you will do as the leader of the country, it will always lead to the fact that certain group ain't happy. If everyone agreed on everything 100%, there wouldn't be any reason to have single person being in the charge of any country and people just could go on, agreeing on everything and everyone would be happy. Too bad it will never be like that, decisions will be made, whether you agree with them or not.
My false equivalence there was to demonstrate that Trump would never tolerate Obama for handling this situation the way he currently is.

There are things he does well. He's bombastic, but he's forced some questions that previous presidents never touched but should have. Everything from US interventions in foreign wars to aging international trade treaties that were long overdue for reassessment in a changed world. Not to mention what's the point of the G-7 anyway?

But other than following 36 other countries that beat him to the punch at closing down travel with China -- while still leaving loopholes for tens of thousands of others to travel in from China (not to mention Europe, etc.), it's clear that he just wants the problem to go away and has no tolerance for actual leadership. Leadership to him is about firing people, loyalty, and ideology. Those are workable in some contexts, but not when states are left to fend for themselves or to compete with each other and the federal government for resources to deal with the crisis. Or in promoting scientifically untested false cures. To basically fanning flames of citizen discontent and divisiveness rather than foster some form of collective action.

And with minorities suffering the most from the plague in a public health crisis, you'd think that plugging that hole could have been a priority to get the nation more quickly back on its feed and back to work operationally? Let alone addressed some of the fundamental inequities in the country that are harming everyone. But instead of ever wanting to follow through with the "replace" part of repeal and replace the ACA, he's only actively working to damage the public's defenses to disease even more: eliminating health care coverage, claiming everyone can get tested when they clearly cannot for months, hiding the CDC, abandoning WHO, disregarding epidemiological data and the general concensus in medicine and health. Really, you have to try to be that incompetent at all those moves.

There will always be disagreement about what the right or wrong way is to handle something. That is the fundamental business of politics. If you have no taste for stepping into a crisis and being the point of responsibility and taking the heat for making decisions, you are in the wrong line of work.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
This is about a moratorium of gain-of-function on H5N1 virus. Thank god for that because bird flu has 50-100% case fatality rate. He says that gain-of-function research is important:

Within the research community, many have expressed concern that important research progress could come to a halt just because of the fear that someone, somewhere, might attempt to replicate these experiments sloppily.
The Newsweek article says that he is the leader of NIAID and they have issued gain-of-function research from Wuhan lab on bat coronaviruses in 2019. They might be wrong but as far as I know Newsweek journalism is kinda legit.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
This is about a moratorium of gain-of-function on H5N1 virus. Thank god for that because bird flu has 50-100% case fatality rate. He says that gain-of-function research is important:

The Newsweek article says that he is the leader of NIAID and they have issued gain-of-function research from Wuhan lab on bat coronaviruses in 2019. They might be wrong but as far as I know Newsweek journalism is kinda legit.
It’s like saying since US government gave $1.4B to Catholic Church, and they are notorious for covering up child sex abuse, then Trump is pro covering up child sex abuse. Grant applications are reviewed by many panels before hitting his desk, and he acts based on their recommendation. We don’t even know whether or not that type of research is the culprit, but clearly those panels didn’t think so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)