Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (45 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

I'm still amazed at how South Korea handled this. They have only 289 deaths, with the lowest CFR (2.2%) among the countries with extensive testing (USA's is 4.2%, case fatality rate of the seasonal flu is .1%). Korea got screwed in the beginning. Their prime minister was asked about the high number of cases there compared to other countries and he said the more you look for it the more you find it but that's the only way we can fight this. If your country can do extensive testing, this is something you should be proud of instead of trying to blame it for your missteps. I think one of the reasons why the US's handling of this problem has been so poor is that Trump himself doesn't see his role as a leader in saving the country and the economy, but rather a victim whose presidency has been unfairly attacked by a virus.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Unfortunately looks like a second wave is hitting Australia. Started in Victoria and now the numbers are steadily increasing in NSW (most populous state). Lockdown number 2 has already hit the Vics, looks like it’s our turn in Sydney again soon...
when will you learn about your test results?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

I'm still amazed at how South Korea handled this. They have only 289 deaths, with the lowest CFR (2.2%) among the countries with extensive testing (USA's is 4.2%, case fatality rate of the seasonal flu is .1%). Korea got screwed in the beginning. Their prime minister was asked about the high number of cases there compared to other countries and he said the more you look for it the more you find it but that's the only way we can fight this. If your country can do extensive testing, this is something you should be proud of instead of trying to blame it for your missteps. I think one of the reasons why the US's handling of this problem has been so poor is that Trump himself doesn't see his role as a leader in saving the country and the economy, but rather a victim whose presidency has been unfairly attacked by a virus.
Well, he has tried to blame the following for the virus:
* China
* the Obama administration
* the Bush and Clinton administrations
* WHO
* CDC
* governors
* the media
* General Motors
* hospitals
* testing

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019

I'd be surprised if they were spoiled as most of the western countries. Nowdays, there's no discipline and even less, self-discipline. You could have anybody leading the nation but if the people won't bother to follow the orders or recommendations, it comes down more to the people and their actions. I don't say Trump is doing great job with this, nobody really knows what's best way to do it since it's the first time in the history of our existence that we're facing something like this, or maybe not the first time but considering the amount of people we have, considering the raised life expectancy, raised quality of life, the information via social media etc, it's a completely new situation and i ain't gonna blame any person, goverment or anybody for handling situation in whatever they saw the best. Even Trump is taking the notes from WHO like he should, but i seriously can't but laugh at the people when they act like there's a one person who makes the decisions in every country instead of seeking for all the possible help from the experts of every possible area, which could help the situation.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'd be surprised if they were spoiled as most of the western countries. Nowdays, there's no discipline and even less, self-discipline. You could have anybody leading the nation but if the people won't bother to follow the orders or recommendations, it comes down more to the people and their actions. I don't say Trump is doing great job with this, nobody really knows what's best way to do it since it's the first time in the history of our existence that we're facing something like this, or maybe not the first time but considering the amount of people we have, considering the raised life expectancy, raised quality of life, the information via social media etc, it's a completely new situation and i ain't gonna blame any person, goverment or anybody for handling situation in whatever they saw the best. Even Trump is taking the notes from WHO like he should, but i seriously can't but laugh at the people when they act like there's a one person who makes the decisions in every country instead of seeking for all the possible help from the experts of every possible area, which could help the situation.
republicans literally called it a hoax, and some still do. Trump handled it terribly.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
republicans literally called it a hoax, and some still do. Trump handled it terribly.
How you can say "he" handled it terribly since there's no any perspective, parameter, truth etc. which would confirm this is the right way to handle it? It has been around for the first half of the 2020, that isn't nowhere near enough to judge what was right and what was wrong. If they said it's a hoax, it was based on something and it was prob based on the experts around saying it's not that serious, which again was based on their beliefs whether this is a threat for the humanity or not, which led to a fact that Trump officially tried to calm down the nation, which again turned out to be a wrong call, but most likely better one than saying you're all going to die.

I know humans are always desperate to find the blame from others, masters to make excuses and so on and it probably helps mentally to have somebody to blame on. I find it funny that there's all kind of experts around the internet who know excatly what to do, step by step with a full 5+ year plan, week on, week out.

If there's a one good thing about the whole situation is that there's actually countries who are handling it differently, just so we could possibly see what's the best way to go in the future.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
How you can say "he" handled it terribly since there's no any perspective, parameter, truth etc. which would confirm this is the right way to handle it? It has been around for the first half of the 2020, that isn't nowhere near enough to judge what was right and what was wrong. If they said it's a hoax, it was based on something and it was prob based on the experts around saying it's not that serious, which again was based on their beliefs whether this is a threat for the humanity or not, which led to a fact that Trump officially tried to calm down the nation, which again turned out to be a wrong call, but most likely better one than saying you're all going to die.

I know humans are always desperate to find the blame from others, masters to make excuses and so on and it probably helps mentally to have somebody to blame on. I find it funny that there's all kind of experts around the internet who know excatly what to do, step by step with a full 5+ year plan, week on, week out.

If there's a one good thing about the whole situation is that there's actually countries who are handling it differently, just so we could possibly see what's the best way to go in the future.
The blame game is too easy, and it depends and far more than one lonely dude in a big white house can personally do.

But the truth is for any one person in this country, that person has a lot more influence than anybody else when it comes to dealing with this. And despite all his protestations to the contrary, this is precisely the role and responsibility of national leadership ... to handle this crap, not run from it and say "not my problem".

Let's also not forget that if Obama were still in office, Trump would be riding his ass to hell for the lack of any leadership that Trump has thus far demonstrated in his abdication of duties.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
The blame game is too easy, and it depends and far more than one lonely dude in a big white house can personally do.

But the truth is for any one person in this country, that person has a lot more influence than anybody else when it comes to dealing with this. And despite all his protestations to the contrary, this is precisely the role and responsibility of national leadership ... to handle this crap, not run from it and say "not my problem".

Let's also not forget that if Obama were still in office, Trump would be riding his ass to hell for the lack of any leadership that Trump has thus far demonstrated in his abdication of duties.
Once again a hypothetical scenario about Obama being in the office where the whole purpose is to make Trump look bad. Yes, he does have way more influence than anybody else, he also got selected as the president of USA and might get re-elected again, so there must be atleast something that he does well. I don't know American politics that well that i'd be able to say what he has done or what he didn't do, but if i built my personal image about him what's being said in the internet, he would have never made it to the president in the first place and even less, for having a possibility to get re-elected.

Some of the people think about this Corona situation that it should be dealt with by letting it be, then there's others who won't leave their houses etc. Everyone have different way of approaching this, whatever you will do as the leader of the country, it will always lead to the fact that certain group ain't happy. If everyone agreed on everything 100%, there wouldn't be any reason to have single person being in the charge of any country and people just could go on, agreeing on everything and everyone would be happy. Too bad it will never be like that, decisions will be made, whether you agree with them or not.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This administration is a joke.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53392817

- - - Updated - - -

Once again a hypothetical scenario about Obama being in the office where the whole purpose is to make Trump look bad. Yes, he does have way more influence than anybody else, he also got selected as the president of USA and might get re-elected again, so there must be atleast something that he does well. I don't know American politics that well that i'd be able to say what he has done or what he didn't do, but if i built my personal image about him what's being said in the internet, he would have never made it to the president in the first place and even less, for having a possibility to get re-elected.

Some of the people think about this Corona situation that it should be dealt with by letting it be, then there's others who won't leave their houses etc. Everyone have different way of approaching this, whatever you will do as the leader of the country, it will always lead to the fact that certain group ain't happy. If everyone agreed on everything 100%, there wouldn't be any reason to have single person being in the charge of any country and people just could go on, agreeing on everything and everyone would be happy. Too bad it will never be like that, decisions will be made, whether you agree with them or not.
they could listen to experts like Dr.Fauci instead of slandering them like that article I posted states

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
This administration is a joke.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53392817

- - - Updated - - -

they could listen to experts like Dr.Fauci instead of slandering them like that article I posted states
Why Dr.Fauci is better than the others or someone that should/could be listened to? Or is it just your opinion that he's more capable of doing the job, based on your personal feelings.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018

For a start, Trump could:

Stop saying this is a hoax
Promote the use of masks and gloves
Stop indoor rallies where people are packed like sardines without masks
Stop making idiotic comments like injecting Clorox into your blood stream
Stop berating and dehumanizing health care professionals
What else - someone add to the list please

Let’s take Italy for example- excellent results so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)