Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (46 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Brazil is such a mess. Did you see the Bolsonaro video the Supreme Court there released. In that cabinet meeting the environment minister suggests they take advantage of the coronavirus distraction to simplify regulations on Amazon development.
:sergio:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...hile-public-distracted-by-covid-idUSKBN22Y30Y
I’m not surprised. Governments do a lot of shit like this when everyone is distracted. China is imposing a new law in HK that effectively ends the current system. There’s a lot of pork in Coronavirus bills pressed by US congress too.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
:tup:

Vitamin D council recommends 2000 iu/day minimum and more if you get little or no sunlight. The body has an upper limit around 10,000 iu a day for natural production from the sun, which takes 20-30 minutes of half-body exposure in the summer. There’s this 2017 study that showed optimal vitamin d blood levels of 75nmol/L during times with no sunlight sources required 8000+ iu/day supplementation in adults. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28768407/

I’ve been taking 4000-5000 iu a day through the winter for a decade. Feel so much better for it and don’t get sick or see the winter strength training losses I did before.

Some of the best studies on Vitamin D have been done in the sport performance field. This guy links a whole bunch of sources on studies done. I found it pretty useful. http://stevenlow.org/a-closer-look-at-vitamin-d/
Plus the testosterone boost. Add ZMA to the mix and you're gonna have monstrous loads.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The first studies to actually test it’s effect as a prophylactic are only being done now. Until we actually have data showing that it can “prevent” coronavirus, no one should be taking it, especially in combination with Az which is much more dangerous for heart issue side effects. QT prolongation is a big issue when you add Az to the mix (where HCl is mostly safe alone, but possibly less effective). https://elemental.medium.com/is-the...chloroquine-can-prevent-covid-19-d59b61bfc763

And don’t bring up that utterly nonsensical Indian police report. India is a third world, corrupt, propaganda nation that is the world’s largest manufacturer of HCl. The very definition of biased. As bad as anything coming out of China. Not to mention the variance between the two groups they mentioned was like 0.2%, as well as mentioning nothing about underlying conditions and other issues.

Until we have actual hard science showing this works as a preventative measure no one without a positive test or actual symptoms should be taking it. Especially not taking pills at home outside a health care environment lol

- - - Updated - - -

See the link above. Az is actually the in-combination drug that makes arrhythmia and other heart issue side effects more likely when taking HCl. That’s what the FDA warning was about apparently. People with underlying heart issues (some of the most at-risk for icu/mortality With Covid) are the most at-risk for those side effects. A bit of a pick-your-poison if HCl+Az+Zinc is actually shown to be effective in the major studies.
It's amazing how on point you're outside of soccer discussions :D

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I think he's too biased against Trump and his hydroxychloroquine claims. It's side effects are not a problem for millions of people using it for malaria and anti immune diseases, but suddenly it becomes the most dangerous drug in the world according to american media. Although he is right that taking this drug should be under medical recommendation and control, he is definitely too invested in making the orange man more lame. If it turns out to be a good prophylactic (with zinc) this could be our way out of this mess, but the media is more interested to get their political agenda.

For example according to the FDA in USA since 2004 there were 13998 deaths due to use of aspirin and 82 deaths from hydroxychloroquine. Of course aspirin is much more wide spread drug but almost 14000 is a huge number of fatalities for a seemingly pretty safe drug.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think he's too biased against Trump and his hydroxychloroquine claims. It's side effects are not a problem for millions of people using it for malaria and anti immune diseases, but suddenly it becomes the most dangerous drug in the world according to american media. Although he is right that taking this drug should be under medical recommendation and control, he is definitely too invested in making the orange man more lame. If it turns out to be a good prophylactic (with zinc) this could be our way out of this mess, but the media is more interested to get their political agenda.

For example according to the FDA in USA since 2004 there were 13998 deaths due to use of aspirin and 82 deaths from hydroxychloroquine. Of course aspirin is much more wide spread drug but almost 14000 is a huge number of fatalities for a seemingly pretty safe drug.
I think it's fine to point out that there's no real scientifically significant studies on this line of treatment, while still acknowledging that this has been an effective treatment for some mild cases.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
In the video I posted Youtube CEO said that they will remove videos recommending vitamin C... The world is emotional and whiny enough to bash vitamin D recommendations for whatever reason.
But flat earth videos and ones that say bill gates is satan are still up...

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's because he looks at scientific findings and facts

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...d-malaria-a9531801.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's amazing how on point you're outside of soccer discussions :D
I need to exorcize my mental “imp-ness” somewhere... footie seems to do the trick. :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

You can’t have people taking HCl + Az + Zinc sulphate as a prophylactic under medical recommendation and control. Once it’s outside of a clinical environment there’s zero real control. It’s an experimental treatment that has close to zero evidence as a prophylactic. The thing you posted from twitter about Indian cops is meaningless. What isn’t meaningless is the Lancet study showing a 411% increased chance of arrhythmia from that drug cocktail. So until there are valid studies showing this works as a prophylactic (the Global trial on health care workers will help us learn more), and that side effects are manageable, and specifying proper doses necessary, dosing everyone healthy with it as a preventative measure would be ridiculous. Especially given the increased chance of serious heart complications when used in the above combination.

It’s not up to me to prove the above treatment doesn’t work. It’s up to those championing it to create rigorous, peer-reviewed scientific studies with proper control groups and standards. Until this is done, everything is hypothetical and it should obviously not be used to prevent getting Covid by the general population at home. That’s not how drugs work.

This has nothing to do with Trump. Or the media. If my prime minister came out and told everyone to take this right now before any conclusive evidence of its efficacy, I’d call him a jackass too.

Last edited:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I never wrote taking azithromycin too. I agree that until we have a randomized medical trial we won't know the effectiveness. There is anecdotal evidence that it works as a prophylactic - without AZ or zinc according to this paper.

https://www.iltempo.it/salute/2020/...-terapia-idrossiclorochina-sars-cov2-1321227/

last paragraph quote:
Out of an audience of 65,000 chronic patients (Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis) who systematically take Plaquenil / hydroxychloroquine, only 20 patients tested positive for the virus. Nobody died, nobody is in intensive care, according to the data collected so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)