Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (40 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Says that masks and softer social distancing implementations would have done the same job without bringing the world to a halt
That I could believe. But still, how would you practice social distancing in the above scenario? It's not something that's really possible here.

And that's not even taking into account the cultural aspect of it. Japanese or Germans would probably do just fine without a lockdown and the above rules instead. Here we have people comparing mask rules to Nazism.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Says that masks and softer social distancing implementations would have done the same job without bringing the world to a halt
That makes very little sense. By definition, softer social distancing means more contact opportunities.

Bringing the world to a halt obviously should have been avoided, but that was only going to be possible by testing, tracing & isolating.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Lockdowns don't work?
Can anyone look at these graphs and tell me with a straight face that lockdowns don't work? Deaths and daily new cases have fallen by 95% in italy during the lockdown period. How can someone claim that reducing the possibility for the virus to spread from person is ineffective?
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 1.08.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 1.08.37 PM.png
Same group of mostly alt-right doofuses still rambling on about this stuff that flies in the face of all available evidence. Lockdowns obviously worked great for snuffing this out.

The real question is whether we could have handled this better by having better mass testing protocols, isolation of positive cases, and contact tracing set up in the two months we had to get ready. I’d say yes. But we weren’t prepared so we had to go the lockdown route.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Same group of mostly alt-right doofuses still rambling on about this stuff that flies in the face of all available evidence. Lockdowns obviously worked great for snuffing this out.

The real question is whether we could have handled this better by having better mass testing protocols, isolation of positive cases, and contact tracing set up in the two months we had to get ready. I’d say yes. But we weren’t prepared so we had to go the lockdown route.
Yeah, the inaction of many governments in the early stages of the pandemic led to locking down everything as the only viable option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)