Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (39 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
At some point, very soon, this has to switch to a situation where only the most at risk folks continue to quarantine and the rest of us resume normal functions no?

Maybe no concerts or other unnecessary large events but the current situation is unsustainable and it doesn't seem necessary for most of the population. There is no way the situation remains as is for another 18 months or how long it takes to perfect a vaccine

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
At some point, very soon, this has to switch to a situation where only the most at risk folks continue to quarantine and the rest of us resume normal functions no?

Maybe no concerts or other unnecessary large events but the current situation is unsustainable and it doesn't seem necessary for most of the population. There is no way the situation remains as is for another 18 months or how long it takes to perfect a vaccine
what are you talking about, no one is quarantining in Utah

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
oh. Are we the only ones still doing it?
On the west coast and east coast they're doing it, but the majority of the country is some kind of open at this point

places like Utah never really closed due to the lack of population density, ski season cancelling early, as were the spring festivals that tend to bring tons of tourists.

but yeah, i think in the future we will see spot lockdowns for those in danger (35% of the us population)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Isn't California in phase 2 of their reopening? Some counties in New York have already been reopening, it's mostly the city and immediately surrounding area that has to wait a few more weeks.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Isn't California in phase 2 of their reopening? Some counties in New York have already been reopening, it's mostly the city and immediately surrounding area that has to wait a few more weeks.
The major population centers like LA and larger counties in the Bay Area are lagging behind the state guidelines.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Texas is reopened. Today I saw a friend’s photo on Facebook dining in a restaurant. Florida, I think, is open too. It won’t be “normal” normal, since you’ll see masks and all that but restrictions will ease soon.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
On the west coast and east coast they're doing it, but the majority of the country is some kind of open at this point

places like Utah never really closed due to the lack of population density, ski season cancelling early, as were the spring festivals that tend to bring tons of tourists.

but yeah, i think in the future we will see spot lockdowns for those in danger (35% of the us population)
BC is the same. Most everything was voluntary and only big events/festivals), gyms, and the restaurant industry really shut down to any large extent. All opening up last week and this week. We’re down to single digit new cases most days and every new case is currently traceable making it much easier to quarantine and isolate just those positive cases and their recent close contacts. Hopefully this is how things are handled going forward.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

This makes me suspicious how valid it is. American media is disgusting right now turning everything in a political battle.
Shouldn’t HCQ be taken with Zinc Oxide and Azithromycin to be effective? That woman’s story might still be true.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)