Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (41 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You cant really have a single, unified global response tbh. Could you imagine Trump and Merkel coming to an agreement on action, for example?
Yup. In fact, odds are that one would choose something different to spite the other.

And by "one" I mean Trump.

The article is also playing word games. It mentions that smallpox is the only disease eradicated so far. While that may be true, there are thousands of diseases that have been brought down to a level where they are not a threat to anyone in the world.
There is no nuance left in journalism anymore, or for any medium of public discourse for that matter.
Nuance has been priced out of journalism. I mean, we need it to exist, otherwise we get the party and corporate mouthpiece 24x7, which we already have in spades. But the business economics are about keeping their jobs by selling what people are willing to watch.

Her addition makes no sense at all. Total nonsensical viewer grab, televised click bait. Not that I’d be watch it anyway
...as I was saying.

Truth and moderation doesn't sell.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Those poor, poor people who have to share the room with a teenager that has no clue whatsoever about Corona. Hopefully she gets a proper script, if she talks freely the nonsensical stammering is gonna spread Corona just from listening to it.
She also had no clue about climate change and any of the science behind it (and I actually believe man-made climate change is an issue, even if nowhere near as dire as some would have us believe), but that didn’t stop half the world from crying over her stolen dreams and praising her as a Gandhi type figure, saving the world from us rich and greedy white capitalists. :boh:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
She also had no clue about climate change and any of the science behind it (and I actually believe man-made climate change is an issue, even if nowhere near as dire as some would have us believe), but that didn’t stop half the world from crying over her stolen dreams and praising her as a Gandhi type figure, saving the world from us rich and greedy white capitalists. :boh:
So i looked up that Gandhi guy - seems way overrated. Greta is/was way more influental. Not to mention SHE had it way harder to make her voice heard, living in a world dominated by old white men.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well, we have an outbreak at work among the construction guys. Apparently the company we hire to come do onsite repairs to vehicles and equipment while the shop is shut down wasn’t taking any protocols.

And since a strong percentage of guys in our workforce don’t believe in the Democrat hoax, they were ignoring company policies.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Well, we have an outbreak at work among the construction guys. Apparently the company we hire to come do onsite repairs to vehicles and equipment while the shop is shut down wasn’t taking any protocols.

And since a strong percentage of guys in our workforce don’t believe in the Democrat hoax, they were ignoring company policies.
The next step is a few of them start making sad and regretful videos that start like "I thought this virus was a joke/hoax/didn't affect me, but...".

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Are people supposed to be staying inside? I just spent this past weekend out climbing and surfing... :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if WHO can tell me if I can get corona from other surfers releasing droplets into the ocean. The whole ocean might be infected.
In many places yes, you're supposed to go out only to to the grocery or drug store.

Lucky you're in a sensible place. We haven't had a single new case in two weeks and I still can't go to the beach.

Dr.-Octopus.jpg

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
A few of my colleagues have had it and some are still recovering (one was in intensive care but came home last week). These are all between 40 and maybe 60. Based on how they describe their experience, this seems like something you really want to avoid even if you're young and healthy. Hope you are all well and cautious.

A bit annoyed that one of them, who went into intensive care, was probably infected by her husband. I met her at work, not knowing that her husband was back home in bed and in serious bad shape. This was several weeks ago and she obviously wasn't ill then but didn't seem like the best plan to come in to work. That was the last time I went into work as I felt the exposure as unncessary and I can work from home. I had been working from home since it all began and only went in once to work. Met her and met another colleague back from recovery, it was his first day back. Not contagious but I felt like... what the heck have I walked into? Have one four year old and one newborn at home so besides that day I have been working from home. But we're not in a lockdown so we get out a little bit. I can't even comprehend how families with small kids cope with lockdowns. I'd go mental even as a parent.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Over here it pretty much disappeared like it never was here in the first place. There are new cases, but less than 100 daily. Still, everything pretty much went back to normal and people aren't even that cautious anymore. Majority of the people are back to work, public transportation is opened, etc. Hopefully I won't see the second wave because it's such a horrible experience being stuck at home for long & everything closed, meh.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
@kao_ray

- - - Updated - - -

Btw. Giving blood thinner has already become the norm here when treating Corona patients, Dr. Drosten said in his podcast today.
Man, Germany is ahead of everybody. Thanks for the heads up with this video.

It looks like there are many treatments for this disease. Most of them work only if taken early though. I would put them in this order:

1. Vitamin D is the cheapest and safest way to protect yourself and optimize your immune system - 2000 to 4000 IU or 50 to 100 micrograms a day. There are multiple reports that lack of vitamin D corresponds with more severe illness.
2. Vitamin C looks like a good antioxidant (Covid-19 oxidates your blood) and sorta blood thinner.
3. It's always good to have enough Zinc for white blood cell production and some virus inhibition.
4. It looks like hydroxychloroquine and zinc works really well in the beginning of the disease but it's useless in the latter stages.
5. Blood thinners are one of the last hopes for the severe ill patients. There are many dietary supplements that thin the blood a bit - curcumin with piperine, trans - resveratrol, quercetin bromelain , melatonin and etc.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yahoo. Why does that thing even exist anymore??

And speaking of dead things that manage to put their tentacles everywhere ... Bill Gates and Eric Schmidt. Two clowns I never voted for and yet they feel entitled to run our lives.

Man, Germany is ahead of everybody. Thanks for the heads up with this video.

It looks like there are many treatments for this disease. Most of them work only if taken early though. I would put them in this order:

1. Vitamin D is the cheapest and safest way to protect yourself and optimize your immune system - 2000 to 4000 IU or 50 to 100 micrograms a day. There are multiple reports that lack of vitamin D corresponds with more severe illness.
2. Vitamin C looks like a good antioxidant (Covid-19 oxidates your blood) and sorta blood thinner.
3. It's always good to have enough Zinc for white blood cell production and some virus inhibition.
4. It looks like hydroxychloroquine and zinc works really well in the beginning of the disease but it's useless in the latter stages.
5. Blood thinners are one of the last hopes for the severe ill patients. There are many dietary supplements that thin the blood a bit - curcumin with piperine, trans - resveratrol, quercetin bromelain , melatonin and etc.
I am to home remedies what some congressmen are to masks.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Here in the UK we will be seeing the second wave coming soon because we are easing lockdown. That's not a problem to ease lockdown but public transport is. Underground will be running at around 70% so platforms and trains will be packed, anyone who's used the tube knows that its disgusting and overcrowded because the service is shit. Good news is that at our institute we've done well with COVID research, we went from 700 admissions per day around Easter to 3 cases per day now at our neighbouring hospital. We have lots of trials going on, we secured a lot of funding too so that our virologists can continue.

Back to our transport service TFL. COVID hit them hard so they got £1Billion bailout. They say avoid the tube and bus and take the car but the congestion zone charge per day is up from £11.50 to £15 as well as extending the hours. Also, kids don't get free travel anymore. We have the highest travel prices in the world and possibly the second worst service after India where you sit on top of the train. As for Mayor Sadiq Khan, I'm having to sell my relatively modern 2013 BMW diesel at a loss because it isn't ultra low emission. It's going to be really tough for some of the lower income Londoners.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
This is really insane. As soon as shops opened up, malls, and everything started working (almost) like before, prices of everything went insanely up. This is just... what the fuck! Even earlier we had really really high prices of food, majority is even similar to the EU prices, yet 10x lesser wages. But this... it's not like it went up from 0.2e to 0.3 but it went from 0.2 to 1. Or from 10e to 18e. From 5e to 9e. I'm literally in shock. Also, plenty of shops had even higher sales during corona, since everybody bought x3 the amount they usually do, so it's not like they had a loss. And guess what, there's no way they are gonna take prices down in a month time, it's gonna stay like this. If second wave of corona comes and this repeats with everything shutdown, more people are gonna die from hunger. Hell, even at this point people will afford only the basic of the basic stuff. :sergio:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
This is really insane. As soon as shops opened up, malls, and everything started working (almost) like before, prices of everything went insanely up. This is just... what the fuck! Even earlier we had really really high prices of food, majority is even similar to the EU prices, yet 10x lesser wages. But this... it's not like it went up from 0.2e to 0.3 but it went from 0.2 to 1. Or from 10e to 18e. From 5e to 9e. I'm literally in shock. Also, plenty of shops had even higher sales during corona, since everybody bought x3 the amount they usually do, so it's not like they had a loss. And guess what, there's no way they are gonna take prices down in a month time, it's gonna stay like this. If second wave of corona comes and this repeats with everything shutdown, more people are gonna die from hunger. Hell, even at this point people will afford only the basic of the basic stuff. :sergio:
At some point gov will put in place/enforce anti trust laws but they should've done that already

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)