Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (68 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You good with horse and all birds? All seafood? Though you didn't say it I'm assuming rodents are a no as well, just a feeling :p
Yeah, i love seafood and birds.

I personally don't care for rodents but I think if they're farmed instead of sewer rats, you should be fine. It's the wet market environment more than anything.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
almost the same for me, although i prefer duck and chicken over turkey. i'd also include deer which is terrific food, even though it's rare to come by if you don't know some hunters. and wild boar over pork anytime. a good wild boar stew, damn... :heart: traditional horse sausage is delicious too. a former french teacher of mine cooked us some snails with garlic butter using their traditional recipe, one of the best food-related surprises ever.

anyway, bottom line is completely agreed on beef and fish over anything else. i probably never had a week without eating either of these.
:tup:

Venison steaks are amazing. Have you tried Moose? Rather delicious.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
The problem with scientific talks about what’s being worked on is that it is irrelevant for 99% of laymen. In fact, even when studies are formalized and published in journals they are usually pretty dubious until someone can reproduce their work.
No, there are various levels of journal quality. To get into a reputable journal there is a thorough review by experts in the field. If you do a Pubmed search for COVID-19 you get stuff that looks irrelevant but I noticed a paper today with the protein structure of the virus which is massively important. The complexity of the human body is phenomenal, you shouldn't underestimate that fact.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
They are but i've heard a bunch of them are infected with Prions disease that hasn't yet transmitted to humans but might :scared:
Mostly supposed to avoid handling spine or brain in areas where Elk/Deer Chronic wasting disease is prevalent. And not eat tissues known to harbour the CWD agent like brain, spinal cord, eyes, spleen, etc... not sure who eats that stuff anyways though. :shifty:

No Prion diseases detected in elk or deer in British Columbia yet though. But our neighbouring province Alberta has it. :scared:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Trump admin doing the important work lately, adding a new round of sanctions on Iran last week, and making sure they can’t buy ventilators and other desperately needed medical supplies to combat the pandemic there, because ya know, that would be very dangerous for American interests in the Middle East... :sergio:

While Iran clearly hasn’t done itself any favours here, or responded to this pandemic adequately at all, fuck the Trump administration for this. Pieces of shit.

https://thehill.com/opinion/nationa...f-sanctions-may-combat-the-coronavirus-crisis

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
almost the same for me, although i prefer duck and chicken over turkey. i'd also include deer which is terrific food, even though it's rare to come by if you don't know some hunters. and wild boar over pork anytime. a good wild boar stew, damn... :heart: traditional horse sausage is delicious too. a former french teacher of mine cooked us some snails with garlic butter using their traditional recipe, one of the best food-related surprises ever.

anyway, bottom line is completely agreed on beef and fish over anything else. i probably never had a week without eating either of these.
Tuz, the Internet forum where Inter fans and vegans come to die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)