Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (26 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/b...vid-19-coronavirus-in-25-hours-091832284.html

Bosch develops tool to test for coronavirus in 2.5 hours

6b402050-700a-11ea-b2ff-cbdfb96060b0.jpg

Bosch's new diagnostic device.

"Germany technology giant Bosch has developed a tool that can test for Covid-19 in under 2.5 hours.

Bosch said on Thursday (26 March) that the fully-automated diagnostic device can simultaneously diagnose 10 respiratory pathogens and has an accuracy level of over 95%. It works by taking a swab from the patient’s nose or throat, and then putting the cartridge, which contains all reagents for the test, into the device.
It can be administered on the spot in doctors’ practices and hospitals, without the need to send samples to labs, which would go a long way to easing the burdens on testing facilities. It also means a huge reduction in wait times for patients, allowing those who have contracted the virus to be isolated more quickly before they infect others.

“Time is of the essence in the fight against coronavirus. Reliable, rapid diagnosis directly on site with no back and forth – that is the great advantage of our solution,” Bosch CEO Volkmar Denner said in a statement.

The device was developed together with Northern Ireland-based Randox Laboratories in just six weeks. It should be available from April in Germany and then in other countries. Bosch said it meets World Health Organisation standards."

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I doubt tests alone would help if there wasn't the measure of restricted movement etc. since hospitals would still get overloaded. Again, I can hardly compare intensive care units in Germany and any other country. Nobody would be prepared for such scale of ill people seeing how fast it spreads. Getting all infected via tests seems highly unlikely when you take into consideration the incubation period of 2 weeks. Chances are high that Germany also will get overloaded hospitals.
More tests help you isolate infected from others more and help slow spread of disease more...

Tests and healthcare cap/ability are the two most important things and go hand in hand.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Yeah, that's the next thing I'm looking for: how long the lag is between peak cases and peak deaths.

Also, post peak, do the doctors manage to save more people due to being less stretched? Or do they run out of equipment? Or is there a point where care standards inevitably slip as the strain of weeks of high-stress work start to catch up to medics?
Next few weeks/month will be our peak down here I believe. I live in the most populated area of Florida and we only got a stay-at-home order a few days ago, meaning people were still out doing whatever and they might not show any symptons for another 2 weeks. So a month from now hospitals will be slammed and those patients probably infected more people while they were asymptomatic. It’s the price we’ll pay for not acting sooner. That cunt of a governor...

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
16 yo healthy girl died in France, the youngest death there so far. There was a 17 year old also with no underlying issues guy in California a few days ago. 21 yo died in Brazil and the numbers are rising.

“Old people’s disease” my ass.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Has the normal flu completely vanished? It hasn’t. It still kills thousands of people every year and this won’t vanish either. We’ll have to live with this for a very long time if it will ever completely go away (I doubt it) but having an effective treatment/vaccine is what’s gonna make the difference.
It's too early to tell that. SARS disappeared completely, and it was caused by a coronavirus.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
16 yo healthy girl died in France, the youngest death there so far. There was a 17 year old also with no underlying issues guy in California a few days ago. 21 yo died in Brazil and the numbers are rising.

“Old people’s disease” my ass.
nobody said the quota among young people was 0%. You report three U30 deaths and meanwhile 2000 oldies die

It's definitely an old people's disease

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
nobody said the quota among young people was 0%. You report three U30 deaths and meanwhile 2000 oldies die

It's definitely an old people's disease
Bullshit. Obviously as with any disease the older you are the riskier it is but saying it’s an old people’s disease is just plain stupid.

In New York City, health officials said Friday that of 1,160 people hospitalized with COVID-19 symptoms, one in four were between ages 18 and 49. That squares with what appears to be happening nationwide: Across the United States, about 38% of coronavirus patientssick enough to be hospitalized were ages 20 to 54, the CDC reported last week”

Young people outside the US have also been severely affected. In Spain, about 18% of hospitalized patients are under 50, according to the latest data. And in South Korea, more than half of confirmed cases are under 50, with the ages 20–29 being the largest age group.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah, things can can out of hand in a hurry.

Indian authorities in the northern state of Punjab have quarantined around 40,000 residents from 20 villages following a Covid-19 outbreak linked to just one man.
The 70-year-old died of coronavirus - a fact found out only after his death.
The man, a preacher, had ignored advice to self quarantine after returning from a trip to Italy and Germany, officials told BBC Punjabi's Arvind Chhabra.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-52061915
Good luck India, you will going to need it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Bullshit. Obviously as with any disease the older you are the riskier it is but saying it’s an old people’s disease is just plain stupid.

In New York City, health officials said Friday that of 1,160 people hospitalized with COVID-19 symptoms, one in four were between ages 18 and 49. That squares with what appears to be happening nationwide: Across the United States, about 38% of coronavirus patientssick enough to be hospitalized were ages 20 to 54, the CDC reported last week”

Young people outside the US have also been severely affected. In Spain, about 18% of hospitalized patients are under 50, according to the latest data. And in South Korea, more than half of confirmed cases are under 50, with the ages 20–29 being the largest age group.
I think it's still fair to call it an old people's disease. idk what's going on in south korea but everywhere else you're way more likely to be in critical condition if you're old.

I'm not sure why they're grouping in 20s with the 50s tho. maybe it's just me, but someone is considered old once they're past their 30s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)