Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (90 Viewers)

Jun 7, 2003
The only beneficent of EU is Germany for which EU is just the continuation of a project called Mitteleuropa from 1915. I don't want to continue this discussion here so those interested might read more what Mitteleuropa is and compare it to Germany's actions within EU and why they try so hard to destroy The Three Seas Initiative.

European Economic Community or European Coal and Steel Community were founded for economic reasons. EU is solely political.
Alright, i will read about Mitteleuropa.

I like the fact that you can travel around Europe, study everywhere, work everywhere without problems and EU made Peace possible in a continent which always was in war between each other. EU is helping Italy through money, and you will notice how important it is to stand together after the COVID19 thing is gone. Then there will be a big challenge with recession.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
In what way your industry has been destroyed by foreign companies?
I hear this argument a lot in our country also.
In a way that we've become nothing else but a producers of semi-finished products for German economy which they use for their high end products like cars or IT products. We've also lost 2-3 mln of people in working age, a number comparable only to WWII.
The most recent example is the limits EU (Germany) wants to put on CO2. Poland and Germany have big resources of coal. The difference being Germany had plenty of time to invest in alternative sources of energy like nuclear, wind, sun etc. Before they developed those sources of energy they were 100% reliant on coal and they still produce the biggest amounts of CO2 in Europe. Those new limits will harm our economy in great deal because we will have to pay for our emissions of CO2 limiting our chances to develop the economy.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
In a way that we've become nothing else but a producers of semi-finished products for German economy which they use for their high end products like cars or IT products. We've also lost 2-3 mln of people in working age, a number comparable only to WWII.
The most recent example is the limits EU (Germany) wants to put on CO2. Poland and Germany have big resources of coal. The difference being Germany had plenty of time to invest in alternative sources of energy like nuclear, wind, sun etc. Before they developed those sources of energy they were 100% reliant on coal and they still produce the biggest amounts of CO2 in Europe. Those new limits will harm our economy in great deal because we will have to pay for our emissions of CO2 limiting our chances to develop the economy.
Please, coal should die. The future is sustainability in every way of our lives. Including medicine.
Anyway, stay safe and healthy. All of you.

Apr 17, 2013
EU is super, a lot of chances for the Economy and people who want to work abroad
An undemocratic zone (non-compliance with the referendum in France, the Netherlands and Ireland), which has the lowest growth rate in the world, a Trojan horse of wild globalisation (recently there was another agreement with Vietnam, do you agree they don't care) , and is an area of fiscal competition , social, and economic between states that puts pressure on wages.

But apart from all these flaws the EU is great.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,691
    More rumors of an interstate lockdown, but this time it's a tri-state lockdown of NY-NJ-CT. No idea if that's what is being considered but seems possible.

Apr 17, 2013
    This weekend there was the municipal elections in France (stupid decision), and today we learn that Christian Estrosi, mayer of Nice is affected. He gave it to the whole city, I'm fed up, we're in a South Park episode, it's never seen before. America, you are the most stupid country in the world, but beware we get closer.
    ETPqT94XsAMxzgK?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

ETPqT9fXQAAfWAF?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    This weekend there was the municipal elections in France (stupid decision), and today we learn that Christian Estrosi, mayer of Nice is affected. He gave it to the whole city, I'm fed up, we're in a South Park episode, it's never seen before. America, you are the most stupid country in the world, but beware we get closer.
    That's retarded.

We were supposed to have elections this/next month but it's gonna get cancelled. It's the best period for folks of 65+ to go out and vote. They never miss out on voting.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    Shocking.

I'm not Cuomo's biggest fan by any means, but so far I agree with every move he made. Coordinating with Connecticut and New Jersey is excellent as well.
    I’m not really familiar with NY state politics, but I’ve yet to meet one New Yorker who likes Cuomo. I’ve got a lot to learn.
    But I agree that his moves have been spot on. He created a little bit of confusion regarding SUNY’s classes becoming online, but that wasn’t really a big deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)