Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (75 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Based on what exactly? I'm pretty sure huge chunk of the EU would disagree with that. Many weaker countries that joined were pretty much ruined once they entered and they regret entering. Utopia for some certain small percentage, sure, I suppose.
The observance of the rule of law.

Which country was ruined exactly? They all look fine from where I'm standing (an autocratic monarchy).

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The observance of the rule of law.

Which country was ruined exactly? They all look fine from where I'm standing (an autocratic monarchy).
Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia are all having problems I think. I also think Greece is screwed up pretty much, despite their enterance without any reason and with a huge debt tail behind them. Based on some survey I think 35% of Croatia were/are happy as a part of the EU. Generally, I see that as a huge problem with globalization and opening borders. Majority of the people within lesser countries want to join simply because they all want to leave their country which creates problems for both sides imo.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia are all having problems I think. I also think Greece is screwed up pretty much, despite their enterance without any reason and with a huge debt tail behind them. Based on some survey I think 35% of Croatia were/are happy as a part of the EU. Generally, I see that as a huge problem with globalization and opening borders. Majority of the people within lesser countries want to join simply because they all want to leave their country which creates problems for both sides imo.
These countries' problems are not due to EU IMO. They always had problems, most of which being a result of corruption.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,646
    80% seems way too high. Either way they should pick and choose since only hard cases should be taken in. If it's 80% at this point in the US then I think you guys are completely fucked.
    Regular flu, obesity, heart disease, et cetera. The scenes will become unbelievable and out for display on social media, unlike in China where most footage was censored.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,650
    I'm surprised how a huge country like China managed their situation so well. Counties can only learn from them imo.
    I don't think people really know how well they managed it. Very little data and footage is available. They just basically locked down cities weeks after the outbreak started and probably killed people who breached quarantines.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I don't think people really know how well they managed it. Very little data and footage is available. They just basically locked down cities weeks after the outbreak started and probably killed people who breached quarantines.
    Meh. That's just wild guessing. People only say they killed their people, they lie about the numbers. But truth be told, people don't know shit but just guess. If we believe their numbers, they did cure majority of their people. I somehow doubt they'd lie since they already sent big part of their medical staff to Italy. If their country was still a mess I somehow doubt they'd go out and help Italy. I don't think you'll find footage in majority of the countries as don't allow filming even in the nearby area, let alone inside. I even saw some "disaster scene" on a video in China but reporter went over there and it turned out to be false.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
    Sorry, but this is nonsense that has been circulating among communist apologetics for ages.
    We have never been better as a society. We receive significantly more from EU than give.
    There will always be people who complain but the problem is mostly in their TV set.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Sorry, but this is nonsense that has been circulating among communist apologetics for ages.
    We have never been better as a society. We receive significantly more from EU than give.
    There will always be people who complain but the problem is mostly in their TV set.
    And this is actually a huge problem that neither Germany nor France likes.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    The support among EU members for the Union is at all-time high. You really do no follow these things as well as you think.
    I never said there's no support, though. I'm saying that globalization and open borders created huge problems for countries even worldwide, not just in the EU. Also, even if some countries do get huge help from the EU it doesn't mean the situation is healthy, especially because of what you said: some don't give but take a lot. We'll see what happens in the future but I expect more countries wanting to go out.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    And this is actually a huge problem that neither Germany nor France likes.
    Huh? Our politicians definitely love giving out taxpayer money to countries that should have never been accepted to EU to begin with. And the taxpayer himself is a sheep fed with thinktank lies. Remember: Everybody gets the government they deserve.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Huh? Our politicians definitely love giving out taxpayer money to countries that should have never been accepted to EU to being with. And the taxpayer himself is a sheep fed with thinktank lies. Remember: Everybody gets the government they deserve.
    Yeah, this is exactly why I think many people are pissed within the EU (bigger & stronger countries/economies that is).

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
    I never said there's no support, though. I'm saying that globalization and open borders created huge problems for countries even worldwide, not just in the EU. Also, even if some countries do get huge help from the EU it doesn't mean the situation is healthy, especially because of what you said: some don't give but take a lot. We'll see what happens in the future but I expect more countries wanting to go out.
    I cannot think of a single EU member who will be better outside it. Even Switzerland and Norway are de facto members - EU is their biggest trading partners, they have adopted numerous provisions of EU law and the borders are just formality. I have been to both of them.

Huh? Our politicians definitely love giving out taxpayer money to countries that should have never been accepted to EU to begin with. And the taxpayer himself is a sheep fed with thinktank lies. Remember: Everybody gets the government they deserve.
    Germany has been the biggest beneficiary from the open borders. You give us money and then we buy Mercedes cars, buses and semi trucks.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I cannot think of a single EU member who will be better outside it. Even Switzerland and Norway are de facto members - EU is their biggest trading partners, they have adopted numerous provisions of EU law and the borders are just formality. I have been to both of them.
    EU would instantly look better if smaller and troublesome countries weren't in it.

Open borders are making people want to leave their country as nobody wants to work for 400-700e but they want 2000-4000e. Country itself will suffer from a loss of employees by default. Germans (for example) will have a problem when 500k people comes to their country which means less Germans getting the job. Those who came are also willing to work for less money than an average German, also creating another problem within their country. Many countries are facing the deficit of their medicine staff (IT, maths field) due to people leaving the country. I don't think that's really healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)