Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (14 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
There has to be made an exception for this ffs. Let the government pay for it or something.

After all it should be in their interest to know just how many of it's people are carrying the disease. How to monitor the situation if you have no clue how many sick people are running through the streets untested, because they don't have the money for it?
from the article:

Luckily, the CDC — the only facility equipped to test for COVID-19 (the disease the virus causes) or designate other laboratories to do so — is not billing for testing. This means a patient who goes to the ER or urgent care for coronavirus treatment wouldn't incur a charge for COVID-19 lab testing.
As Azcue's case proves, though, patients aren't off the hook for charges related to tests for other viruses or conditions, or the trip to the medical provider itself. How much a hospital stay would cost for a particular patient depends on what procedures are run and their insurance plan, if they have one. Azcue's insurance plan, for example, didn't cover the cost of an ER visit.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
from the article:

Luckily, the CDC — the only facility equipped to test for COVID-19 (the disease the virus causes) or designate other laboratories to do so — is not billing for testing. This means a patient who goes to the ER or urgent care for coronavirus treatment wouldn't incur a charge for COVID-19 lab testing.
As Azcue's case proves, though, patients aren't off the hook for charges related to tests for other viruses or conditions, or the trip to the medical provider itself. How much a hospital stay would cost for a particular patient depends on what procedures are run and their insurance plan, if they have one. Azcue's insurance plan, for example, didn't cover the cost of an ER visit.
How can someone's insurance plan not cover an ER visit. Total scam.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
from the article:

What are they paying insurance for if it cant cover something as basic as ER visit?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
What are they paying insurance for if it cant cover something as basic as ER visit?
exactly, that’s why it’s a scam. It doesn’t cover shit, and even the shit that it might cover, you still end up paying out the ass for it.

mine covers pretty much everything so that’s why I’m happy with it but I’m a very small minority.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
from the article:

imagine if that doctor you see at the er is out of network even though the facility isn’t, better not to get tested and stay home for a few days

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Anyone tried making hand sanitizer at home?

Things are a mess here in BC. Atleast the lower mainland. Not sure about other parts of the province. Stores stock up and its all gone within the hour. I assume its friends and family of staff members who are getting lucky since they know when the shipments come in.

I know some retailers ( Bed Bath and Beyond ) have introduced limits of 5 per customer. That should be the case everwhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)