Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (79 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #945
    What oil stocks would you be interested in buying?
    Probably only the largest and very well capitalized firms, not those primarily into shale and US exploration. I'm thinking XOM would be one of the few in terms of stocks. But I wouldn't want to hold any company stock until things settle down a little. I was actually talking about being long oil the commodity, either through options or even ETF's.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Fgs

We dead

Edit: to be honest, my dad is what worries me the most. He's 69 yo, with high blood pressure and a heart surgery.

It may be naive, but I have deliberately avoiding visiting my mother for same concerns recently (she is retired and mainly at home all the time). She is also that age, serious diabetes, high blood pressure, various kind of ailments etc. And I work around huge international airport and have daily commute of 100 to 1000s of people gatherings. Have had flu symptons for a nearly a month (stayed at home one week last month, and one week this month, until I felt better). I have better odds. But dont wanna risk her.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #952
    This country is a ticking time bomb.
    It may even end up being as bad from a case perspective as China since we may not ever issue a travel ban. I hope not, but now I'm starting to think about that possibility. I also don't know much about the health of the average Chinese citizen. But if you look at air travel, rails, offices being open STILL, and everything else, there's no stopping the virus now.

This afternoon I have to meet with executives travelling from Florida, in person, despite everything going on. This country isn't prepared whatsoever, not only the government but corporations and individuals.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    It may even end up being as bad from a case perspective as China since we may not ever issue a travel ban. I hope not, but now I'm starting to think about that possibility. I also don't know much about the health of the average Chinese citizen. But if you look at air travel, rails, offices being open STILL, and everything else, there's no stopping the virus now.

This afternoon I have to meet with executives travelling from Florida, in person, despite everything going on. This country isn't prepared whatsoever, not only the government but corporations and individuals.
    the culture here has no room to accomadate it. I too am in procurement meetings with individuals who have been on the road and probably been exposed to this shit. I was in Chinatown numerous times over the past few weeks for work. Company has issued no statement on the coronavirus and made no attempt to protect employees.

we know its here but nobody is taking steps to address it. ive already resigned to being exposed to this. Hopefully the illness i had two weeks ago was the coronavirus and i am already through it.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    the culture here has no room to accomadate it. I too am in procurement meetings with individuals who have been on the road and probably been exposed to this shit. I was in Chinatown numerous times over the past few weeks for work. Company has issued no statement on the coronavirus and made no attempt to protect employees.

we know its here but nobody is taking steps to address it. ive already resigned to being exposed to this. Hopefully the illness i had two weeks ago was the coronavirus and i am already through it.
    How much does one pay for a hospital visit if they have coronavirus? This could bankrupt a lot of people even if it doesn't kill them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)