Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (131 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #901
    50%? Could it really be that much?
    Not sure, but it's possible. Remember that the majority of cases are asymptomatic or mild. I guess it depends on the culture in Italy -- whether they would seek medical advice while having mild symptoms. Honestly, I don't trust any of the numbers from anywhere, perhaps with exception to South Korea, but the hypothesis would still exist there, too.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #903

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    1139 in germany.

"The development of coronavirus in Italy seems to be a glimpse into Germany's near future. For weeks, the assessment that Italy was not in control of corona infections persisted in Germany, and unlike its southern partners, the authorities in Germany seemingly managed to slow the spread of the pandemic. The more data we have, the more questionable this view becomes. In Italy, there were 10 days between the spread from 3 to 1100 infected. With a one-week delay, 12 days passed in Germany between 3 and 1100 infected persons."

Last edited:

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    He was actually below the legal limit, but because he said he had a couple drinks during the day, they still took him in, apparently. That's why when they ask if you had anything to drink, just say no. Anything you say will be used against you.
    the rule of thumb is, all you say to the cops is that you want a lawyer.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #907
    Google making folks stay home -- I don't understand why so many folks who can work remotely are still going to work. Such stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

Middle of nowhere South Dakota has 5 cases and 1 death, just today.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Italians hug Chinese against RAZZISMO
    Iranians kiss and lick temple walls to prove god protects them against corona
    Germans don't even touch their partner during sex

this is how we win
    Ol' german people go to church instead, putting their wrinkly corona fingers into the same holy water.

But then again, it's holy water. I very much doubt a virus could survive in it. God cares about his Schäflein.

Apr 17, 2013
    China is the only country to support Italy! It donates 1,000 breathing devices, 50,000 tests, 20,000 protective suits, 100,000 ffp2 masks and 2 million surgical masks! Italy has asked Europe for help with coronavirus masks, but no country has accepted the call. France and Germany have banned exports!

Another victory of Europe, the only moment they stand in solidarity and agree between them is when they want to punish the British for daring to leave this mafia organization or when it is necessary to bleed the Greek people.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #914
    Well, this is just fucking great. The shortage in RNA extraction kits are probably because China already used them all.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    China is the only country to support Italy! It donates 1,000 breathing devices, 50,000 tests, 20,000 protective suits, 100,000 ffp2 masks and 2 million surgical masks! Italy has asked Europe for help with coronavirus masks, but no country has accepted the call. France and Germany have banned exports!

Another victory of Europe, the only moment they stand in solidarity and agree between them is when they want to punish the British for daring to leave this mafia organization or when it is necessary to bleed the Greek people.
    You mean the lazy bum countries are bleeding down the taxpayers of western and northern Europe ;)

Also the reason why EU countries didn't help with corona equipment is because they actually don't have any. Some journo in Berlin wrote about trying to do a test and being rejected from everywhere because they didnt have any

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    I read that yesterday. The only good news about Iran is that Persian new year is only 12 days away, and the whole country will be shut down for 15 days or so. I hope they don’t use this time to travel.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, this is just fucking great. The shortage in RNA extraction kits are probably because China already used them all.

And why did they refuse to use WHO’s kits? How’s that acceptable that Iran has more test kits than US?

Apr 17, 2013
    You mean the lazy bum countries are bleeding down the taxpayers of western and northern Europe ;)

Also the reason why EU countries didn't help with corona equipment is because they actually don't have any. Some journo in Berlin wrote about trying to do a test and being rejected from everywhere because they didnt have any
    We are not going to engage in a long economic debate, but that two countries like Greece and Germany that have 2 differents economies have the same currency (based on the DeutschMark) is the stupidest idea that kills the competitiveness of many European countries.

Another demonstration of the EU's immobility and slowness. When the virus hit China, the European Union that is supposed to protect Europeans didn't anticipate anything, leaving each country to fend for itself without any coordination.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    I read that yesterday. The only good news about Iran is that Persian new year is only 12 days away, and the whole country will be shut down for 15 days or so. I hope they don’t use this time to travel.

- - - Updated - - -

And why did they refuse to use WHO’s kits? How’s that acceptable that Iran has more test kits than US?
    Probably cause Trump is fundamentally against such international organizations and constantly derides them and calls them useless and ineffective, and then he wanted to be able to go and brag about the “most beautiful” and amazing test kits America was making and definitely had enough of at the press conference with the CDC the other day.

So instead of looking after the health of Americans, Trump wanted to bash the opposing side and score points with base and their globalist conspiracy fearmongering rubbish.

No surprise from a guy who has spent 3 years trying to undermine Medicare and take health care away from the poorest Americans though.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    Probably cause Trump is fundamentally against such international organizations and constantly derides them and calls them useless and ineffective, and then he wanted to be able to go and brag about the “most beautiful” and amazing test kits America was making and definitely had enough of at the press conference with the CDC the other day.

So instead of looking after the health of Americans, Trump wanted to bash the opposing side and score points with base and their globalist conspiracy fearmongering rubbish.

No surprise from a guy who has spent 3 years trying to undermine Medicare and take health care away from the poorest Americans though.
    If I wanted to guess I’d say he wanted to create business for a pharma donor. But that’s just a guess. I don’t have any data to support it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)