Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (150 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Well, 70 puts me way above average for this thread.

Which disease will kill more people this year, flu or covid?
Too much mass hysteria

It is novel so people are freaking out, fact is that for most it will be a pretty bad cold, the elderly, really young or those who have poor immune systems are the ones that should be worried.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Too much mass hysteria

It is novel so people are freaking out, fact is that for most it will be a pretty bad cold, the elderly, really young or those who have poor immune systems are the ones that should be worried.
Exactly. But you shouldn't do too much thinking. We live in an age where PC chliches are a substitue for independent thinking.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
This situation is hurting my life so much in Italy and i am far from home. thank God i collaborate with americans on my graphic work, but,i am living alone and feel like
" I am Legend " movie.

in egypt we don't panic like this, but here in italy people panic makes it like apocalypse movie.

i hope this moment pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Other countries have 200 deaths and they don’t know about it?
average age of these italians are 81 years old. italy is just full of old people. and numbers is just something countries decide to publish according to their check up.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Too much mass hysteria

But you do know there are millions of people around who fit that criteria, don't you?

You don't have to act like it's the end of the world, but brushing it off as a cold is just as stupid.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
This situation is hurting my life so much in Italy and i am far from home. thank God i collaborate with americans on my graphic work, but,i am living alone and feel like
" I am Legend " movie.

in egypt we don't panic like this, but here in italy people panic makes it like apocalypse movie.

i hope this moment pass.

- - - Updated - - -

average age of these italians are 81 years old. italy is just full of old people. and numbers is just something countries decide to publish according to their check up.
First, why would their lives matter less? My father is 80, and I really don’t like to lose him, particularly in this way.
Also even if what you say is true your work with the information you have not what you think you know.

- - - Updated - - -

But you do know there are millions of people around who fit that criteria, don't you?

You don't have to act like it's the end of the world, but brushing it off as a cold is just as stupid.
Both of my parents fit that criteria. It’s amazing people just brush it off as oh they were going to die anyway.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

I am not brushing it off, of course it's still a big issue but mass hysteria isn't helping anyone. We have idiots here who are wiping the shelves clean of essential sanitary products. What I'm trying to say is that these people who fall into those categories are also at risk of many other viruses that we do brush off. There is a reason for concern of course, mainly because we don't have a vaccine, however hysteria is not going to help anyone.

I too have grandparents that fall into that category, you're confusing reason with brushing it off.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I am not brushing it off, of course it's still a big issue but mass hysteria isn't helping anyone. We have idiots here who are wiping the shelves clean of essential sanitary products. What I'm trying to say is that these people who fall into those categories are also at risk of many other viruses that we do brush off. There is a reason for concern of course, mainly because we don't have a vaccine, however hysteria is not going to help anyone.
Yeah, that i can agree with.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
of course i am speaking as emotional angry bastard, am sorry guys.

but i am sorry to say anything about people who are old, because i lost my father young. and i have been shot before.

i don't need to speak much about myself. but i want to live my life to the max before i die tomorrow.

i prefer this attitude instead of sitting home.

my apologizes for being insensitive to anybody.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #759
    How widespread really is it in DC? Haven't heard much about there.
    Thus far, there are 3 cases in Montgomery County Maryland, right next to DC, and one official case in DC. Just waiting for those numbers to be officially higher.

- - - Updated - - -

10 cocktails? you must be shitfaced right now
    Nah, it was spaced out over several hours with food. Although I feel a bit fuzzy today.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, 70 puts me way above average for this thread.

Which disease will kill more people this year, flu or covid?
    This year's flu has killed more people, but again, the Coronavirus outbreak has just started in the US. China wouldn't shut down their entire economy for the normal flu.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Thus far, there are 3 cases in Montgomery County Maryland, right next to DC, and one official case in DC. Just waiting for those numbers to be officially higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, it was spaced out over several hours with food. Although I feel a bit fuzzy today.

- - - Updated - - -

This year's flu has killed more people, but again, the Coronavirus outbreak has just started in the US. China wouldn't shut down their entire economy for the normal flu.
    One at Ft. Belvoir (Springfield, VA) where I work a Marine got it, not sure if that was mentioned. :sergio:

Also there is this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...antine-hotel-collapses/ar-BB10SgL7?li=BBnb7Kz

that sucks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 132)