Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (172 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Who said "everything is fine"?
Not directed to you, but this lady’s remarks have been quoted many times as “Omicron only causes mild symptoms”, while she acknowledges that the cases she has seen so far have mostly been young people. Also, as a member of South African government she has reason to play it down. Not saying that she is, but I’d take whatever she says with a grain of salt.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
So, essentially, Greece are instating an idiot tax.

That's pretty funny. :lol2:
The truth of what you said vs. what you meant to say is funnier

The word "idiot" comes from the Greek noun ἰδιώτης idiōtēs 'a private person, individual' (as opposed to the state), 'a private citizen' (as opposed to someone with a political office) .....

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It’s the same as mandatory vaccines for children. We have lots of those if you want to be allowed to send your kids to school.
And I don't mind those. Those vaccines that totally prevent the illness or some like HB, BCG, DT, OPV and others? Sure.

But covid vaccine that works for short period of time, then you need another shot, plus even when you get it you can still be infected, infect others and end up in the hospital or even die (please don't quote me a picture showing how people don't die after getting vaccinated because I'll just say Latvia and Lithuania again)? Same experimental drug that came less than a year after virus appeared and same shot that each individual signs on a personal responsability because not even pharmacy houses want to stay behind them? For that illness when I had temperature for 4 days, lost taste which was a less of an impact than other seasonal flues that I've had? Same vaccine that was recently connected to higher heart attack rate? Ah, yes. No. I don't want to take that one, no. I'm not anti-vaxxer, I just don't want Covid vaccine.

But since you think it's literally the same if somebody asks you to wear a hat and if somebody asks you to get a vaccine into your body then I have no idea what's the point to continue this. If you think it's all the same then you, a person who loves wine, you should be allowed to buy bottles but only to touch them. You can have them near your body, pat them and go to bed with them, but you can't drink one. Since you think it's the same if somebody asks you to have a seat belt which presses your body and if somebody asks you to take juice into your body.

On what basis do you discriminate what's internal from what's external? Why? What makes that the cliff of dividing lines?

If you get into car accidents 10x as often as your neighbor, your insurance premiums are likely - and justifiably -- higher. Is that technically internal or external to your body?

By your definition, that's external because of its legality. But I don't think that has anything to do with what you're wearing when you drive.

It's not being forced if you can cough up a few bucks. Your choice is only on whether you want to save the extra cash or not. That's not the same thing as forced.

Juventini aren't forced to sit in the Juventus Stadium curva just because the executive boxes cost more.

We can play a little human bias psychology too: what if vaccinated people got a tax break? Is that forcing people?

The ultimate effect is no different.
Here. So you love coffee. Please in the future buy it just so you can put it in your lap or across your chest. Don't drink it by any means since there's no difference between internal and external and it's hard to see the line between those. You will surely enjoy it.

And what are you talking about here? Extra cash? In what world do you live in, Greg? I live in a shit country but it's not just about me here. Not even people from Italy and other countries can afford to test every 2 days in order to meet their requirements. That test is what I earn in 1 day working 8 hours. If I was provided with tons of money of course I wouldn't complain about it and I'd just pay. That's not paying extra money, that's extortion.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And I don't mind those. Those vaccines that totally prevent the illness or some like HB, BCG, DT, OPV and others? Sure.

But covid vaccine that works for short period of time, then you need another shot, plus even when you get it you can still be infected, infect others and end up in the hospital or even die (please don't quote me a picture showing how people don't die after getting vaccinated because I'll just say Latvia and Lithuania again)? Same experimental drug that came less than a year after virus appeared and same shot that each individual signs on a personal responsability because not even pharmacy houses want to stay behind them? For that illness when I had temperature for 4 days, lost taste which was a less of an impact than other seasonal flues that I've had? Same vaccine that was recently connected to higher heart attack rate? Ah, yes. No. I don't want to take that one, no. I'm not anti-vaxxer, I just don't want Covid vaccine.

But since you think it's literally the same if somebody asks you to wear a hat and if somebody asks you to get a vaccine into your body then I have no idea what's the point to continue this. If you think it's all the same then you, a person who loves wine, you should be allowed to buy bottles but only to touch them. You can have them near your body, pat them and go to bed with them, but you can't drink one. Since you think it's the same if somebody asks you to have a seat belt which presses your body and if somebody asks you to take juice into your body.

Here. So you love coffee. Please in the future buy it just so you can put it in your lap or across your chest. Don't drink it by any means since there's no difference between internal and external and it's hard to see the line between those. You will surely enjoy it.

And what are you talking about here? Extra cash? In what world do you live in, Greg? I live in a shit country but it's not just about me here. Not even people from Italy and other countries can afford to test every 2 days in order to meet their requirements. That test is what I earn in 1 day working 8 hours. If I was provided with tons of money of course I wouldn't complain about it and I'd just pay. That's not paying extra money, that's extortion.
What a bunch of nonsense :lol2:

You’re losing your mind over this.

You can deny statistics and tell lies all you want about vaccine efficacy over time. Every study thus far shows hospitalizations and death rates are a small fraction for vaccinated folk, still to this day. You can pretend Covid isn’t worse than seasonal flu even though it has an IFR at minimum 5x worse if not 10x.

I don’t give two shits if you don’t want to take it. Don’t take it then and deal with the consequences. Boohoo.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What a bunch of nonsense :lol2:

You’re losing your mind over this.

You can deny statistics and tell lies all you want about vaccine efficacy over time. Every study thus far shows hospitalizations and death rates are a small fraction for vaccinated folk, still to this day. You can pretend Covid isn’t worse than seasonal flu even though it has an IFR at minimum 5x worse if not 10x.

I don’t give two shits if you don’t want to take it. Don’t take it then and deal with the consequences. Boohoo.
THAT is bunch of nonsense? And thinking how having a required seat belt is equal to injecting a vaccine :lol2: incredible. Really incredible.

I'm not pretending anything. I'm considering how it affected me and others compared to previous flus.

You ignored that study about heart attacks simply because it doesn't suit your narrative.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
THAT is bunch of nonsense? And thinking how having a required seat belt is equal to injecting a vaccine :lol2: incredible. Really incredible.

I'm not pretending anything. I'm considering how it affected me and others compared to previous flus.

You ignored that study about heart attacks simply because it doesn't suit your narrative.
I didn’t ignore that study at all. The specific abstract in question linked by @kao_ray was garbage and done by someone who was trying to sell his pseudo-science heart health supplements in the conclusion of his study. What I said was that it, along with other studies on it are concerning and should be looked into further with higher quality studies and data.

You talking about narratives is rich here.

I guess since personal anecdotes about how serious Covid is are being offered I a can do that too. Everyone I work with, everyone I know, basically 90% plus of people in this area have taken the vaccine and… I haven’t had a heart attack, no one I work with or know has had a heart attack. I haven’t heard of anyone having a vaccine related heart attack. Guess it isn’t a big deal. :lol3:

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

And it's not as if you only need that initial double dose of vaccine which was supposed to bring out about herd immunity and get us closer to ending the pandemic, now you need boosters. And they only last six months.

So realistically, we can expect to need boosters every 6 months, indefinitely, and if you have to be fined in order to motivate you take it, or lose your job, or be left out of school, so be it.

But yeah, just like other vaccines. And seatbelts.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
And it's not as if you only need that initial double dose of vaccine which was supposed to bring out about herd immunity and get us closer to ending the pandemic, now you need boosters. And they only last six months.

So realistically, we can expect to need boosters every 6 months, indefinitely,
and if you have to be fined in order to motivate you take it, or lose your job, or be left out of school, so be it.

But yeah, just like other vaccines. And seatbelts.
But this isn't true... :shifty:

We don't even know how effective for sure the current vaccines will manage against omicron at the moment, but things are looking hopeful right now anyway.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There is an abundance of data to support this, it's not like we're speaking from gut feelings here.
Part of the problem was the misleading initial messaging that vaccination would prevent 95% of transmission which it clearly doesn’t do. But it is still ~90% effective at preventing the most serious outcomes so I’m not sure how anyone looks at that in anything but a positive light.

- - - Updated - - -

think he’ll leave Germany?
nah, he’s all talk. He will bend over like a good little slave. Just like the rest of us. :boh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 162)