Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (32 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
New Zealand, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, etc
I was hesitant to name some of those, things are a lot easier if you're a smaller island nation as compared to here.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. I can't believe news from Asia that easy.
What's wrong with Japan or South Korea? They're not exactly China.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I hate working from home so I can relate, luckily I’m allowed to work in the office as needed
I’ve been going in to work the entire time, I can’t complain. But the writer of that article clearly hasn’t and she thinks everyone thinks like her. Fact is, majority of the workforce is still going in on a daily basis which is why her points are moot.

- - - Updated - - -

My industry hasn’t even noticed Covid. Literally nothing has changed. Lol
we have plexiglass around our desks now. It doesn’t really do anything but it’s supposed to show our company is taking this seriously

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
South Korea is a first world democracy. Have a much easier time believing news from there than most countries lol
On the paper, yeah. I'm not saying you're wrong but just pointing out that Asia is generally (at least for me, I don't know how Canada - Asia relation works) seems quite disconnected from my point of view and for my country. Everything over here is talks about Europe, Russia and America. But we don't know anything about news and life from Russia. It's even worse when it comes to China, Japan, South Korea and other countries (despite our great relation with the Chinese). We literally get nothing here. Even on the Internet it's like total distance between us. It's like two different planets and not continents.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
How is it looking in Australia at the moment?
Life is essentially back to normal for the most part.

Pubs, clubs, bars, shopping centres, all open, stadiums and sports back with fans attending, all packed, mask use only needed on public transport. You can pretty much do what you want for the most part. The only difference at the moment is there is still a border ban on Victorian residents entering Western Australia, but that will be rescinded very soon.

Vaccinations have started fairly recently, and will probably be completed quite a lot after most Euro countries and the US. But that’s fair enough as those are needed much more there than over here. There

My biggest issue with our Covid response is that citizens are banned from currently leaving the country (unless you have an exemption) and the fact that people from other countries (other than New Zealand) are also banned too. I think this will change once most of the adult population have been vaccinated. It’s sad because I know plenty of people who have been denied travelling to see loved ones they haven’t seen for over a year, missing out on weddings, chances to say goodbye, funerals etc. Although there is talk that by October/November, they might start allowing international travel, to and from Australia, and maybe employing the use of vaccine IDs as well.

Also, the 14 day hotel quarantine for people who are eligible to enter Australia, mainly Aussie citizens, really sucks and I hope this can be eradicated as soon as possible. Hotel quarantine has also been the source of most of the recent outbreaks we’ve had. But now with hotel workers getting their jabs, I expect the amount of these outbreaks to decrease.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Pubs, clubs, bars, shopping centres, all open, stadiums and sports back with fans attending, all packed, mask use only needed on public transport. You can pretty much do what you want for the most part. The only difference at the moment is there is still a border ban on Victorian residents entering Western Australia, but that will be rescinded very soon.

Vaccinations have started fairly recently, and will probably be completed quite a lot after most Euro countries and the US. But that’s fair enough as those are needed much more there than over here.

My biggest issue with our Covid response is that citizens are banned from currently leaving the country (unless you have an exemption) and the fact that people from other countries (other than New Zealand) are also banned too. I think this will change once most of the adult population have been vaccinated. It’s sad because I know plenty of people who have been denied travelling to see loved ones they haven’t seen for over a year, missing out on weddings, chances to say goodbye, funerals etc.

Also, the 14 day hotel quarantine for people who are eligible to enter Australia, mainly Aussie citizens, really sucks and I hope this can be eradicated as soon as possible. Hotel quarantine has also been the source of most of the recent outbreaks we’ve had. But now with hotel workers getting their jabs, I expect the amount of these outbreaks to decrease.
How come it's allowed to have packed stadiums but masks on public transport is required?

It's kinda weird how it just switches. It's like half of the coutries are fucked right in the ass while other half starts living normally. Then after three or six months you get to see it switched lol.

You think it's safe to say it's over for you guys and things will get only better from now? I seriously hope so but I somehow doubt we're gonna see it this year.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Vaccinations have started fairly recently, and will probably be completed quite a lot after most Euro countries and the US. But that’s fair enough as those are needed much more there than over here. There

My biggest issue with our Covid response is that citizens are banned from currently leaving the country (unless you have an exemption) and the fact that people from other countries (other than New Zealand) are also banned too. I think this will change once most of the adult population have been vaccinated. It’s sad because I know plenty of people who have been denied travelling to see loved ones they haven’t seen for over a year, missing out on weddings, chances to say goodbye, funerals etc. Although there is talk that by October/November, they might start allowing international travel, to and from Australia, and maybe employing the use of vaccine IDs as well.

I don’t get the reasoning either, especially given the fact that there is literally zero covid in the community at the moment. Maybe it’s the health authorities still trying to use one measure to make residents realise we are still actively in a pandemic and that mask use might be needed again if there is another outbreak.

My thoughts on whether this is over for us? Not quite yet, but the federal government and my state of NSW government have already started the conversation about learning to live with Covid as if it is like a flu or one of the many other number of respiratory viruses that appear every year in winter. I think the theory is once everyone is vaccinated, and if hospitals aren’t over run and the death rate in terms of contracting covid is no different to a bad seasonal flu year, life will return to how it was pre-covid and we will just have to get on with it. I agree with this stance too tbh, and I think we will be there either at the end of the year or early next year.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
You guys are doing well. Just add the number of people vaccinated to that dashboard. I hope more countries start seeing these kind of results.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
UK has done 23m first vaccinations now. Numbers of new cases and deaths are going down steadily. Will be interesting to see if there is a rise since they opened schools again. Definitely a lot more people around everywhere, roads are busier. I've noticed a lot more old people out and about. They must feel like they can't catch it now...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
We only started vaccinations 3 weeks ago and the rollout has been super slow. But in another week or so, a plant down in Melbourne will start producing about 1M AstraZeneca vaccines per week and I expect the rollout to ramp up massively.
We are going way too slow, I think we've taken the position that we don't need to rush but imagine if we went all out and had way more people vaccinated we'd be in such a strong position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)