Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (45 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So a whole year passed.

We've seen open countries, closed countries. We've seen soft restrictions, hard restrictions, partial restrictions, full restrictions, curfew, no curfew, hot weathers, cold weathers, rainy weathers. We've seen this topic enter economists, mathematicians, doctors, journalists, nobodies. We've seen countries help people, don't help people. We've seen German model, Belgium fuck ups, Swedish model, Lukashenko's balls, countries that don't report shit, countries that fabricate shit. Now we're seeing countries with vaccines, no vaccines, having problems with distribution, having problem with fear, having problem with vaccines not being tested on those who are above 60 and pregnant women.

In the end, barely anything changed. The only difference is GDP being thrown down the drain. Despite all of that, we see countries try out different things, yet none of them work. You get some freedom, then it's taken away and you go home. One month you drink coffee in a bar, next month bar is closed. Result? More people being mentally exhausted and somewhat crazy from all this shit compared to people affected by corona itself. If this goes on and if vaccines turn out to be a medicine that helps corona disappear, which I doubt will happen, we'll have everyone sick in their head which is worrying because people are retarded already as is.

Just let people live already. This makes zero sense.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
"After reports of severe blood clotting issues, Denmark is stopping the Astra-Zeneca vaccine for 14 days. The Minister of Health speaks of a precautionary measure."

- - - Updated - - -

In Austria too.

And Norway.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
So a whole year passed.

We've seen open countries, closed countries. We've seen soft restrictions, hard restrictions, partial restrictions, full restrictions, curfew, no curfew, hot weathers, cold weathers, rainy weathers. We've seen this topic enter economists, mathematicians, doctors, journalists, nobodies. We've seen countries help people, don't help people. We've seen German model, Belgium fuck ups, Swedish model, Lukashenko's balls, countries that don't report shit, countries that fabricate shit. Now we're seeing countries with vaccines, no vaccines, having problems with distribution, having problem with fear, having problem with vaccines not being tested on those who are above 60 and pregnant women.

In the end, barely anything changed. The only difference is GDP being thrown down the drain. Despite all of that, we see countries try out different things, yet none of them work. You get some freedom, then it's taken away and you go home. One month you drink coffee in a bar, next month bar is closed. Result? More people being mentally exhausted and somewhat crazy from all this shit compared to people affected by corona itself. If this goes on and if vaccines turn out to be a medicine that helps corona disappear, which I doubt will happen, we'll have everyone sick in their head which is worrying because people are retarded already as is.

Just let people live already. This makes zero sense.
Brazil tried that, probably did the worst of any nation. You want to see what everyone should've done, look at South Korea.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
why should we believe you? you could be a government shill sent to rile up the masses
Believe what? I'm stating it's a shitshow for a year now which is pretty much a fact for plenty of countries, not just my little area around the building.

Reading about China or some places where you don't even see people go to, full of censorship, or some nut place like North Korea it's like... wait. Maybe.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sadly this is just another example of where trolling has replaced speech just to get attention.

The attention economy is a viciously extractive one. I may as well write about how dying of COVID is so much better than living without it, given I no longer have to worry about not seeing my family often enough, being able to more readily skip out of social engagements, not having to read Twitter, etc.

I don't know. I can't believe news from Asia that easy.
So you're part of this anti-Asian wave going around, eh? :juvefan:

Believe what? I'm stating it's a shitshow for a year now which is pretty much a fact for plenty of countries, not just my little area around the building.

Reading about China or some places where you don't even see people go to, full of censorship, or some nut place like North Korea it's like... wait. Maybe.
But you do speak as if humanity has never faced down a pandemic before.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Sadly this is just another example of where trolling has replaced speech just to get attention.

The attention economy is a viciously extractive one. I may as well write about how dying of COVID is so much better than living without it, given I no longer have to worry about not seeing my family often enough, being able to more readily skip out of social engagements, not having to read Twitter, etc.

So you're part of this anti-Asian wave going around, eh? :juvefan:

But you do speak as if humanity has never faced down a pandemic before.
It faced down pandemic, aye it did, but it never faced so much of bullshit spread differently between all countries playing smart, yet all countries seem to be doing terribly.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

how do I know? you could be making it all up, Serbia isn’t exactly a bastion of freedom compared to the rest of the world

I don’t believe anything people tell me or news, the only thing I can count on is what my head tells me

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

It's also an example of the types of opinion pieces coming from media outlets that are supposed to be considered credible.

You can write about that stance but unlike the extreme position taken by the CNN writer, there's a huge grey area in between that it seems most reputable media outlets aren't willing to touch.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
how do I know? you could be making it all up, Serbia isn’t exactly a bastion of freedom compared to the rest of the world

I don’t believe anything people tell me or news, the only thing I can count on is what my head tells me
Not talking about you, but generally, we're in deep shit because of this. I think the average Joe is stupid and mediocre in every aspect.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Not talking about you, but generally, we're in deep shit because of this. I think the average Joe is stupid and mediocre in every aspect.

It's also an example of the types of opinion pieces coming from media outlets that are supposed to be considered credible.

You can write about that stance but unlike the extreme position taken by the CNN writer, there's a huge grey area in between that it seems most reputable media outlets aren't willing to touch.
I think it was meant to be edgy and thought provoking but like usual it came out nothing like intended, which is how the majority of opinion pieces come off these days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)