Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (210 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Idk about the behind the scenes, but AstraZeneca comes across as scetchy.

Also we only give their Vaccine to people under the age of 65, because we are not sure there is enough evidence that it works for older people :lol:

"There is insufficient data about the effectiveness of the vaccine for people over the age of 65..."

-Permanent vaccination commission
Being a Juventus fan, you're always used to some controversey. But no idea what AstraZeneca did/are doing, but this seems as sketchy as it could get. They f*cked up the phase.3 studies, took months to re-correct the data and on top they sold that shit to the UK and claim they've ''production problems''.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Let me guess, 50-60 year old gentlemen are the highest risk group of getting Rona around Czech border :touched:
:lol:

Actually the czech head over the border to buy groceries. Look at the incidence of Tirschenreuth for example. Insane.
And of course we couldn't shut them out early on. Them cheap workers too good.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think the UK did 600,000 vaccinations yesterday. They are also blitzing certain areas where the South African variant has been discovered, giving door-to-door vaccinations to 350,000 people.

EU needs to get on our level.

322/100K is high :shocked:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
But, ya know, it’s all the evil democrats and media having Trump derangement syndrome, says the Holocaust denying, pedogate believing, anti-mask, misogynist. He must be right. :baus:
:lol: who? Must know

Didn't know there's a Holocaust denying pizzagate believer among us

- - - Updated - - -

Other than possibly lgor

- - - Updated - - -

The Netherlands are almost in last place with the percentage of people who received the vaccination. I think it's around 0,6%. And thats one shot. I don't think anyone received the second shot yet. Our country is the laughingstock of europe while we pay the EU the biggest amount of all countries. I'm ashamed of our leaders but also ashamed of the riots
How's it decided how much each country pays?

I used to think Europeans, including govts, are more mature/responsible/sensible than Murica, but this pandemic showed otherwise. There are ding a lings everywhere, roughly 40% of every population.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Other than possibly lgor

- - - Updated - - -

I used to think Europeans, including govts, are more mature/responsible/sensible than Murica, but this pandemic showed otherwise. There are ding a lings everywhere, roughly 40% of every population.
Don’t wanna ID the mod. Might get banned. :snoop:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Other than possibly lgor

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you can't really try to optimize the delivery of vaccines if there's nothing there in the first place. The EU obviously banked it all on Astrazenica, but we all know how that turned out to be.

Eventhough I'm political averse against the EU, the plan for an unified vaccination strategy and to provide vaccines to bankrupt Mediterranean countries and the former Soviet countries which their governments couldn't afford is a sensible thing to do.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Well, you can't really try to optimize the delivery of vaccines if there's nothing there in the first place. The EU obviously banked it all on Astrazenica, but we all know how that turned out to be.

Eventhough I'm political averse against the EU, the plan for an unified vaccination strategy and to provide vaccines to bankrupt Mediterranean countries and the former Soviet countries which their governments couldn't afford is a sensible thing to do.
What's supposed to be hold up for oxford vac?

After the initial hiccup, the issue was addressed, and everything was published and peer reviewed

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
What's supposed to be hold up for oxford vac?

After the initial hiccup, the issue was addressed, and everything was published and peer reviewed
Oh boy, where to begin :D

It's a complex story with a lot of conflicting reports coming out. From my understanding: Astrazeneca annoucned deliveries to the EU would be reduced with 60% because of production problems. The EU tried to 'force' AstraZeneca to its contractual agreement to deliver the doses but it appeared AstraZeneca never had a duty to deliver a certain amount, just a 'best efforts try'.

There are two separate supply chains at AstraZeneca: UK and the rest of Europe. The UK chain doesn't face the same production issues and reduction. The contract between the UK and AstraZeneca was signed 3 months prior to the EU contract. The EU claims they are being disadvantaged compared to the UK and relations with AZ have gone bad.

They fvcked it up by not naming the actual number of doses in the contractual agreement and signing the agreement too late.

On top of it: the German health authorities decided not to vaccinate 65+ year olds with this vaccine. Hungary decided to buy Putin's vaccine so by time the unified vaccination strategy is becoming different per country and crumbling. It also appears that Pfizer and Moderna are facing supply issues in the EU supply chains. So in the end we're fvcked as a collective and it appears the UK and US are actually better in containing this crisis.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Oh boy, where to begin :D

It's a complex story with a lot of conflicting reports coming out. From my understanding: Astrazeneca annoucned deliveries to the EU would be reduced with 60% because of production problems. The EU tried to 'force' AstraZeneca to its contractual agreement to deliver the doses but it appeared AstraZeneca never had a duty to deliver a certain amount, just a 'best efforts try'.

There are two separate supply chains at AstraZeneca: UK and the rest of Europe. The UK chain doesn't face the same production issues and reduction. The contract between the UK and AstraZeneca was signed 3 months prior to the EU contract. The EU claims they are being disadvantaged compared to the UK and relations with AZ have gone bad.

They fvcked it up by not naming the actual number of doses in the contractual agreement and signing the agreement too late.

On top of it: the German health authorities decided not to vaccinate 65+ year olds with this vaccine. Hungary decided to buy Putin's vaccine so by time the unified vaccination strategy is becoming different per country and crumbling. It also appears that Pfizer and Moderna are facing supply issues in the EU supply chains. So in the end we're fvcked as a collective and it appears the UK and US are actually better in containing this crisis.
I see they finally approved the vaccine five days ago. Took their time for pfizer/moderna too. Is it true they went on recess in December?

Delay an excuse for orban to form shitty political/economic alliance with putin I'm guessing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 204)