Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (239 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9,201
    wasn’t there evidence that vaccines developed in Europe tend to be more effective for caucasians simply due to the fact that it used antibodies from a certain demographic?

Either way, I do think it’s ridiculous how part of the black community is acting and being antivax. Brains and skin color aren’t correlated, we knew that.
    Not sure about that, I just think the change in rhetoric is hilarious. Now all of a sudden the Tuskegee trials are mainstream news.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Not sure about that, I just think the change in rhetoric is hilarious. Now all of a sudden the Tuskegee trials are mainstream news.
    it’s not as big of a voice to call it mainstream, but yeah the Tuskegee trials have been a major source of suspicion between the medical and black communities

that said there’s just as many Mormon soccer moms riding the anti vaccine train as there are black peoples

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9,203
    it’s not as big of a voice to call it mainstream, but yeah the Tuskegee trials have been a major source of suspicion between the medical and black communities

that said there’s just as many Mormon soccer moms riding the anti vaccine train as there are black peoples
    Well, the health secretary is all over the place now talking about it. Maybe they’re trying to induce cognitive dissonance so blacks end up not taking it.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Well, the health secretary is all over the place now talking about it. Maybe they’re trying to induce cognitive dissonance so blacks end up not taking it.
    maybe, but considering that Trump decided to fuck up both the procurement and distribution of the vaccine, it’s probably ok if a few people sit it out for while

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Nothing overly different, but due to our rather isolated location and being an island nation, it’s easier for us to keep the disease at bay imo. We’ve banned overseas travel for now (of course there is some exemptions), internal borders between the states have been closed if case numbers began to spiral out of control and our track and tracing has been superb and has allowed us to go almost back to normal.

Shops are open, restaurants/bars full, funerals and weddings allowed to have large numbers, and all stadiums in the country from the end of the month will be allowed to have 100% capacity again. Of course, there is still strict measures in place when partaking in these activities, such as scanning QR code’s upon entry, wearing masks on public transport and in places where you can’t adequately keep the distance etc.

Hotel quarantine has been a costly, but successful way in managing the return of Aussie citizens to our country, but the worry of this is if the virus leaks out into the community (which it has in Sydney, Adelaide and most notably in Melbourne to terrible effect) then you have to hope your contract tracing is up to par, the locations of potential sites of outbreaks are listed ASAP and that the messaging from the local Heath authorities to the community is on point.
    And I just jinxed by own city lol. There’s been another breach at hotel quarantine and now Sydney is at the beginning of a new outbreak. Right before Xmas too. Awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 226)