Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (110 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:agree: hey guys take this hastily thrown together frankenstein vaccine that has had minimal clinical testing and a 5% chance of failing so you don't catch the cough that has a .000001% of killing you
:agree: hey guys take this hastily thrown together frankenstein vaccine that has had minimal clinical testing and a 5% chance of failing so you don't catch the cough that has a .000001% of killing you
expect that failure in the first case means you don’t get rid of the virus, it doesn’t mean you die

plus only 5% of people will transmit it as opposed to everyone, making it easier to get eradicate.

what you stated is a bullshit argument that can be used against any vaccine, not a single one is 100% effective

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
expect that failure in the first case means you don’t get rid of the virus, it doesn’t mean you die

plus only 5% of people will transmit it as opposed to everyone, making it easier to get eradicate.

what you stated is a bullshit argument that can be used against any vaccine, not a single one is 100% effective
okay angry bot why don't you go and shoot up some shitty drug cocktail that some greedy CEO locked his indian interns in the lab for 30 days for so he can dump his stocks on the news pump

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
okay angry bot why don't you go and shoot up some shitty drug cocktail that some greedy CEO locked his indian interns in the lab for 30 days for so he can dump his stocks on the news pump
I don’t understand, are you criticizing free market, capitalism, or vaccines?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

This is some weird shit, though. It takes at least one and a half year, mostly 2 years, to find some cure (vaccine). Now it just appeared out of nowhere after less than a year. Even if it's 95%, which it probably isn't, nobody knows the side effects and what it carries with it as the negative side of it. They couldn't even test it properly yet it's out for a sale? It's just weird shit man.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This is some weird shit, though. It takes at least one and a half year, mostly 2 years, to find some cure (vaccine). Now it just appeared out of nowhere after less than a year. Even if it's 95%, which it probably isn't, nobody knows the side effects and what it carries with it as the negative side of it. They couldn't even test it properly yet it's out for a sale? It's just weird shit man.
it did come out quickly I agree, but as long as the FDA approves it and it goes through clinical trials, it should be fine

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
it did come out quickly I agree, but as long as the FDA approves it and it goes through clinical trials, it should be fine
Meh, FDA approved means shit. They ask for effectiveness and they'd ignore everything else at this point.

Or not ignore per se, but they surely ignore testing phase which should last a looooot longer. I mean, Pfizer got their mini tests back in early October and massive usage in the US is expected in December. That's just horrible.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
The concept of RNA vaccine is simple but, this kind of study needs long term monitoring. Ideally you need 6 to 12 months after taking the vaccine plus the biggest question is if it'll affect those who are pregnant. This type of decision needs to be made on the basis of helping people rather than being the first to do it thus making s a shit load of money.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The concept of RNA vaccine is simple but, this kind of study needs long term monitoring. Ideally you need 6 to 12 months after taking the vaccine plus the biggest question is if it'll affect those who are pregnant. This type of decision needs to be made on the basis of helping people rather than being the first to do it thus making s a shit load of money.
There were some doctors on TV and I think they said it's 12-18 months for testing. But yeah, either way this is too stupid to see it released after such a short period.

If anything this only smells like the virus was made and they had the vaccine ready. Otherwise it makes no sense really.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Sweden starting to reverse course?

Sweden limits public gatherings to eight people amid Covid surge

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...c-gatherings-to-eight-people-amid-covid-surge
Things had improved for months after listening to guidance well. But now people started acting like its ok now, normalising, and ofcourse it wasnt. When I say people I mean mainly Uni students and widespread back to school parties starting mini surges and messing up everything.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
considering some less intelligent responses to this post, and my sunday evening crusage against morons, i'll elaborate on this a bit.

Mammels that are naturally living very large herds for tens of thousands of years, are safe options. They are robust against common infections, and usually get regulated by some kind of larger predator or apex predator.

cattle, sheeps, goats.

additionally, there is land based poultry which also lives in numbers, and abides by the same rule.

Duck, chicken, turkey,... (Note : herbivores only, there are hybrids)

A distinction is clear. Herbivores which lives in large herds. These are robust for humans to breed them also in large herds.

Then there are deemed safer omnivores
Pigs, wild pigs, poultry which eat arthropods, birds such as pigeons

Sure. Sometimes we do get illnesses in these species. Its natural for it to happen.
- swineflu : doesnt affect humans, but pigs die
- CJD (mad cow disease) : doesnt affect humans, cattle will die in pain (no treatment since its a prion)
- bird flu(poultry) : slim chance to affect humans. No chance to affect humans after its processed. only targets the farmers. and its "just a flu" in this case.
- swine fever : doesnt affect humans, but no treatment for the pigs, they will die

As you can see, livestock in the civilised world obviously can also get sick. Risk for humans ? Barely

additionally : sealife.

whats special aout sea life, its that the smaller sea life lives in large groups and its tricky to infect in watery enviroments. and the apex predators , who accumulate toxins if there are any, have ABSURD long lifespans.
Also safe, when preserved and cooked right, because the bacteria that infest dead fish, are quite possible the worst food born diseases

However, rhodents (mice, rats, bats,..) are known for centuries to be pathogen carriers. They transport the pathogen and wont be affected by it.
- for example, the black plague,
So here in the civilised world, its forbidden to breed, process and cell rhodents for human consumption.
But not in china.

Secondarely, mammels which arent herd mamels are a risk. These are a big unknown. This goes for carnivores, onmivores and herbivores

Its very simple. Dont eat anything that isnt a herbivoric herd mammel or a well preserved fish.

Dont eat a fucking rhodent that carried the plague 10 centuries ago
Cultures have historically dissed on other cultures over their food throughout history. You are no exception.

I am reminded of the seaside tribe in Mexico who eats shrimp and shellfish, and the tribe up into the mountains think of them as filthy and disgusting eating such bottom-feeding quasi-insects-of-the-sea. Meanwhile the tribe in the mountains eats insects, which makes the seaside tribe vomit.

Everybody thinks their sh*t don't stink. Only someone else's.

Another vaccine in the US. Apparently it's 94% effective and unlike the previous one you don't have to score this one in ice so it's easy to distribute.
94% is not even possible. No vaccine in the history of mankind has achieved anything close to 90%. There are a lot of armchair virologists about... perfect for a Trump administration position, but not for something accurate.

I don't know how many times we're going back n forth on this, but the fact is still and will be, that you're only eating to survive. We all know food has been a cultural thing for the ages, people been gathering around to eat, it brought people together from time to time but still, the main priority is to survive. If it wasn't, we wouldn't need to eat - it's simple as that.

People being obese etc. it's all about survival as well. Our bodies are more adaptable to gather fat, than lose it so it's still on a survival mode. Our body doesn't know when the next meal is, it just simply gathers all the fat etc. to make us survive.
Dude, and you only have sex to procreate. We get it.

Reports coming out that the second wave of toilet paper hoarding has started. :lol:
I saw reports a couple weeks ago in Europe... so it's finally having a "second wave" in the US I see. :D

Just suppress it until Corona is over @swag
Wipe me free, wipe me free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 108)