Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (116 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Dude, you live in Finland. In the western world people eat what they choose to eat out of the countless of options available. My nearest grocery store has around 35000 different food items available. Don't feel like I need to enter survival mode just yet.
Yes, but the whole pointing of eating, is to survive. You're not eating because it's something you choose, you eat to survive.

Jun 6, 2015
Yes, but the whole pointing of eating, is to survive. You're not eating because it's something you choose, you eat to survive.
Yes people need to eat something to stay alive. As I already pointed out in my previous post, in the western world you're able to choose what you eat from the countless of options available. Cost, taste and allergies are just some of the factors people base their eating habits on. I'd also like to point out that just "surviving" is not the only reason people eat around here. Food is seen as way to indulge yourself. This (often) leads to people eating an excessive amount of calories and thus in Finland for example 67% of males over the age of 30 are overweight and 26% are obese.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Yes people need to eat something to stay alive. As I already pointed out in my previous post, in the western world you're able to choose what you eat from the countless of options available. Cost, taste and allergies are just some of the factors people base their eating habits on. I'd also like to point out that just "surviving" is not the only reason people eat around here. Food is seen as way to indulge yourself. This (often) leads to people eating an excessive amount of calories and thus in Finland for example 67% of males over the age of 30 are overweight and 26% are obese.
I don't know how many times we're going back n forth on this, but the fact is still and will be, that you're only eating to survive. We all know food has been a cultural thing for the ages, people been gathering around to eat, it brought people together from time to time but still, the main priority is to survive. If it wasn't, we wouldn't need to eat - it's simple as that.

People being obese etc. it's all about survival as well. Our bodies are more adaptable to gather fat, than lose it so it's still on a survival mode. Our body doesn't know when the next meal is, it just simply gathers all the fat etc. to make us survive.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Need and want are two different things. Imagine you can survive without eating any food. Now think of your favourite food. Are you now going to stop eating it?

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Need and want are two different things. Imagine you can survive without eating any food. Now think of your favourite food. Are you now going to stop eating it?
Yes, they're different things and still, for the hundred time, you eat to survive. If you could do what you said, you wouldn't need to eat to survive, but to please your own temptations. It's a completely hypothetical scenario, as we've tasted certain things and even in our genes, we're towards energy dense foods, just because it offers more calories to our survival. That's why a slice of pizza tastes better than broccoli, atleast for the most of the people.

Jun 6, 2015
I don't know how many times we're going back n forth on this, but the fact is still and will be, that you're only eating to survive. We all know food has been a cultural thing for the ages, people been gathering around to eat, it brought people together from time to time but still, the main priority is to survive. If it wasn't, we wouldn't need to eat - it's simple as that.

People being obese etc. it's all about survival as well. Our bodies are more adaptable to gather fat, than lose it so it's still on a survival mode. Our body doesn't know when the next meal is, it just simply gathers all the fat etc. to make us survive.
So why do you get triggered over people who choose to eat veggies to survive?

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
So why do you get triggered over people who choose to eat veggies to survive?
They're free to do it, nothing against them but they shouldn't have anything against somebody doing the same thing over different products.

I wanna know where that mysterious banana tree in Finland is located, where you pick up all the bananas with no transporting included. It must be ecologicial as hell.

Jun 6, 2015
They're free to do it, nothing against them but they shouldn't have anything against somebody doing the same thing over different products.
Absolutely. Everyone is free to eat (almost) exactly what they want. There really isn't too many restrictions to eating in Finland that I know of.
I wanna know where that mysterious banana tree in Finland is located, where you pick up all the bananas with no transporting included. It must be ecologicial as hell.
Yes, it's rather ecological. Transportation is a very small part of product's total carbon footprint.

https://ourworldindata.org/food-choice-vs-eating-local
Environmental-impact-of-food-by-life-cycle-stage-1536x1380.png

This is all very off topic again though so I'll stop here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)