Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (49 Viewers)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
After his positive test, Mr Gohmert, an eighth-term lawmaker, returned to his office to inform his staff in person of the positive result. He wore a mask during the meeting, according to US media.

He also gave an interview in which he questioned whether his mask was to blame for infecting him.
"I can't help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place, I might have put some germs - some virus - on to the mask and breathed it in," he told Texas station KETK.
WTF!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Really awful that people simply aren't making this easier. Are you from the Victioria-erea?

Just figured the Victoria-area only has 6 million inhabitants and recording 350-400 infections per day. Denmark has 6 million inhabitants as well and are recording around 60 infections per day.
No I’m from NSW. Victoria is suffering badly at the moment, it’s a pretty sad situation. And unfortunately more deaths to come in the coming weeks and months. The numbers were a bit lower yesterday though, so let’s hope it’s a start of the trend of the lockdown measures beginning to work and people starting to listen to government directive.

The problem right now for them are the nursing homes and also meatworks/abattoirs. The cases stemming from these facilities seem to grow exponentially and I’ve noticed that trend in a lot of places around the world.

NSW is slowly (but surely) creeping up in numbers. Ours was totally self-inflicted, because our moronic State Premier, didn’t close the border to Victoria in time. So someone from Melb came to Sydney for work whilst infectious (1 month ago) and has set off a chain reaction. So far our contact tracers are doing a heroic job of tracking and tracing, but more and more cases are popping up in dense inner-city area and this is going to be a problem imo...

Wouldn’t shock me to see us where Victoria is now in a couple of weeks. We’ve basically opened up everything in our state, barely anyone wearing mask, nobody adhering to social distancing, pubs and restaurants packed, gyms full - it’s going to be chaos. Looks like we didn’t learn from our first wave.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
No I’m from NSW. Victoria is suffering badly at the moment, it’s a pretty sad situation. And unfortunately more deaths to come in the coming weeks and months. The numbers were a bit lower yesterday though, so let’s hope it’s a start of the trend of the lockdown measures beginning to work and people starting to listen to government directive.

The problem right now for them are the nursing homes and also meatworks/abattoirs. The cases stemming from these facilities seem to grow exponentially and I’ve noticed that trend in a lot of places around the world.

NSW is slowly (but surely) creeping up in numbers. Ours was totally self-inflicted, because our moronic State Premier, didn’t close the border to Victoria in time. So someone from Melb came to Sydney for work whilst infectious (1 month ago) and has set off a chain reaction. So far our contact tracers are doing a heroic job of tracking and tracing, but more and more cases are popping up in dense inner-city area and this is going to be a problem imo...

Wouldn’t shock me to see us where Victoria is now in a couple of weeks. We’ve basically opened up everything in our state, barely anyone wearing mask, nobody adhering to social distancing, pubs and restaurants packed, gyms full - it’s going to be chaos. Looks like we didn’t learn from our first wave.
Well apparently 700 cases in Victoria today. Fuck.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Highest number of deaths in the US since May 27.
Holy shit.
Mental that the death toll is skyrocketing back up like this. 7 day rolling average up over 1000 deaths/day for the first time since the end of May.

I guess it just didn’t vanish like a miracle with the arrival of summer like the orange baboon claimed it would. :disagree:

Last edited:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

The meat industry shows the same pattern in Germany were 1300 infections were registered at one single company and recent studies have even shown the virus in the right circumstances (cold due AC with low humidity) could be infectious over 8 meters making social distancing virtually impossible.

In my country infections rising on a daily basis for some time now. I really think we're probably seeing a second wave in a few weeks like the Belgians have. Today we recorded 343 cases which is an awful lot considering we had less than 100 the past few months.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
So sorry to hear that. I'm worried about my parents too since my mom has a compromised immune system and my dad had open heart surgery a few years back. I know how this fear drains all your energy.
Friend of mine had the virus too , then all of his family got infected except his sister , his grandmother is 80y old , his father had heart surgery (Aorta problems) , but they did good , actually my friend 28y old was most affected , even more than his grandma and his father .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
dem Rutgers Football boys got real wild over the weekend
15 players positive because of a party, just stupid :disagree:
Retards party at Hamptons too but so far NY is doing ok. NJ governor was cautioning against house parties.
I wonder if it's down to more people traveling from different locations to get there. I feel the Hamptons might be mostly just New Yorkers that already know each other congregating, whereas the Jersey Shore is more random.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
15 players positive because of a party, just stupid :disagree:

I wonder if it's down to more people traveling from different locations to get there. I feel the Hamptons might be mostly just New Yorkers that already know each other congregating, whereas the Jersey Shore is more random.
the shore has white trash, hamptons is rich people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)