Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (49 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
JJ really missing out on all that money @lgorTudor

Imagine how much they could ask for a JJ mask like the one you have as your avatar.

Knowing JJ, they probably wouldn't work - But hey, eventually you'll get your money back if you open a lawsuit after surviving pneumonia. JJ cares for it's customers after all.
we here in iran need tons of mask and provide mask to us.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Imagine how much they could ask for a JJ mask like the one you have as your avatar.

Knowing JJ, they probably wouldn't work - But hey, eventually you'll get your money back if you open a lawsuit after surviving pneumonia. JJ cares for it's customers after all.
As long as Don Sarri gets on of those masks :tup:

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,345

Fuck this guy. Fuck his moronic supporters. @Bjerknes. You voted for him. History will remember.
    There isn't anything wrong with what he said in that post, TBH. Most people do want to get back to work, and the longer the shutdown is, the longer and more grave the impact will be to the economy. While I don't want to see anybody die and realize the deaths are staggering already, I've said before that a long-term depression will be worse than the impacts of the virus itself, but that doesn't mean we should just act like everything is normal in two weeks. I think all options should be on the table to slow the spread in the short term, including quarantining places like NYC, and evaluate what we can do to keep as much of the economy moving as possible medium-term. Trump's Easter Sunday stuff isn't going to work out, and he'll realize it soon as the data escalates.

- - - Updated - - -

At least AccuWeather still deals with the weather. Freaking The Weather Channel now has an IBM partnership to report on virus propagation in a total grab that has nothing to do with the weather whatsoever. It's bad enough when the Weather Channel decided to report alerts on earthquakes. Earthquakes aren't weather, and neither are pandemics. I don't need my weatherman trying to be my pathologist.
    TWC is a joke, but there are a lot of smart folks at Accuweather.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    There isn't anything wrong with what he said in that post, TBH. Most people do want to get back to work, and the longer the shutdown is, the longer and more grave the impact will be to the economy. While I don't want to see anybody die and realize the deaths are staggering already, I've said before that a long-term depression will be worse than the impacts of the virus itself, but that doesn't mean we should just act like everything is normal in two weeks. I think all options should be on the table to slow the spread in the short term, including quarantining places like NYC, and evaluate what we can do to keep as much of the economy moving as possible medium-term. Trump's Easter Sunday stuff isn't going to work out, and he'll realize it soon as the data escalates.

- - - Updated - - -

TWC is a joke, but there are a lot of smart folks at Accuweather.
    Fair question to you:
    Imagine you knew that re-opening the country, and thus the stock markets recovering, in 2 weeks would result in a death toll of 'only' another 10,000 people. Which would you take - getting your portfolio back on track (and a proper Easter mass to boot) or the lives of those 10K people?

Just trying to measure where your priorities lie and where you draw the line between personal profit vs other people's well-being.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,348
    Sure if you're ok with not receiving any finished goods for a year, as well as seeing your country improve in general through capital injections from foreign investment spearheaded by China most likely.
    The goods, especially medical supplies, are a huge problem. China holds a lot of bonds, but now the Federal Reserve will add zeroes to their monitors at the trading desk, so everything will be OK!

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    Man, spanish soldiers finding dead people in an abandoned retirement home is like straight out of a horror movie.
    that's pretty much how every "global apocalypse" movie starts. It's been several days now of this in Spain.

- - - Updated - - -

So Trump did well to save people jobs ....I don't know why still some hate him ...
    Trump is just kicking the can 2 weeks down the road. He knows well this package is just a temporary bandaid, hence why he wants everyone back to work.
    The reality is until we get this pandemic under control, and this could take many months, not just 2 weeks, any attempt to go back to normal will only make matters much, much worse.
    In the end, it would come down to picking between two evils - a lesser and a bigger one. There is no win-win scenario here.

Last edited:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

When will they manufacture JJ "ambition" or "proud" masks?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    The problem is, trump is in an election year, and that means, when making certain decisions, he will always have that in the back of his mind.
    In a crucial situation like this, we better hope the head of the country has what's best for the people, and not what's best for him personally, as his #1 priority.
    Unfortunately, that's the last thing a rational person should expect from a life-long narcissist like Trump.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    This guy at work was blaming Cuomo. And he’s said multiple times he doesn’t know anyone who’s gotten Corona as if that means anything.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    lol there you go again. I haven't even mentioned Trump when I first brought up the Cuomo subject. Read it for yourself:

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulatio...lications/docs/ventilator_guidelines_faqs.pdf

Even if New York State purchases additional ventilators, the demand would quickly outpace supply in a severe pandemic.

That was his/their excuse. Why get them because it would be so bad it would be pointless because there wouldn't have been enough. Basically telling people of NY/NYC if you get caught in a pandemic, good luck.

So today he complains that FEMA isn't giving him enough...

He had over a decade of warning signs with these kinds of infections spreading around the world and in a highly traveled and tourist heavy NYC, they turned down the chance to buy/receive more.

Clearly they thought this kind of Crisis could have potentially come up, refuting Ronn's sarcasm that someone can't plan for it. Well, they obviously did, and decided NOT to take the chance to get more equipment that would have been useful. Trump wasn't president in 2015, however, Cuomo was in charge in NY. Thats on him. I am not even talking about what he has been doing since this started, mind you I think he has done a wonderful job for NYC. This decision in 2015, however, was a bad call.

Twist it back to Trump though.
    Why so sensitive, darling. I’m just teasing you. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)