COPPA ITALIA: Siena - Juventus (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #41
    The squad:

2 Ciro FERRARA
    5 Igor TUDOR
    6 Salvatore FRESI
    7 Gianluca PESSOTTO
    8 Antonio CONTE
    9 Fabrizio MICCOLI
    12 Antonio CHIMENTI
    14 Enzo MARESCA
    15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI
    18 Stephen APPIAH
    22 Antonio MIRANTE
    24 Ruben OLIVERA
    25 Marcelo ZALAYETA
    26 Edgar DAVIDS
    41 Benjamin ONWUACHI
    42 Giovanni BARTOLUCCI
    43 Abduoulay KONKO
    44 Andrea MASIELLO

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    They brought up 4 kids from Primavera squad, and Kovalenko isn't one of them.

Bummer.

Oh well, hopefully,they'll get some significant minutes in the tournament.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    As I expected, there's no Del Piero in the squad and since Di Vaio is struggling with an injury (as slight as it may be) we'll probably see Alex against Inter, and from the start.

My line-up:

Chimenti (Mirante)
    Birindelli Tudor Ferrara Pessotto
    Appiah (Conte) Maresca Davids
    Olivera
    Zalayeta Miccoli

Appiah will most likely feature against Inter so we should rest him for the second half. Giving Benjamin his senior debut would also be nice.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I'd like to see Konko line up in Midfield with Maresca and Davids, if they only plan on playing Appiah for a half. No point in risking injury.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    It would be very cool, and it's not as if they're throwing him up against Milan.

I don't know much about Masiello and Bartolucci, but I have heard Konko's name being mentioned. IIRC, he's a tall, lanky kid.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I just checked RAI International, and guess what.

They're showing the game live tomorrow!!! I'll have to tape it and watch it when I get home.

Which means I can't get on this board tomorrow. (As if some of you would mind that)

They are also showing Juve-Inter on tape delay on Saturday.

JUVE Week on RAI International!!!

What a great investment.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Oh ****!!!

I dont have RAI... but i was ok because 2 of my best friends have it..... I have just called them and oth will be very busy tomorrow!!

:fero:

I want to see the game!!!! Ill sneak in their houses!!!

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    man ! lets hope Benjamin plays :D its really exciting :cool:

My lineup :

-----------------------Benjamin---------

--------Miccoli----------------------------

------------------ Olivera----------------

Davids -----Maresca ----- Conte ----

Fresi --- Ferrara --- Tudor --- Birindelli

-----------------Mirante------------------

:D

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    Bartolucci and Masiello are defenders i believe. Anyone know what exact position they play ?

I believe Konko is an attacking midfielder ?

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #52
    Lippi makes Coppa changes
    Tuesday 25 November, 2003

Juventus are expected to rest a host of first team players for tonight’s Coppa Italia tie against Siena.

Boss Marcello Lippi has named an 18-man squad for the fixture which also sees four youth team players included.

The tactician has left at home a number of star players such as Buffon, Zambrotta, Nedved, Del Piero, Trezeguet and Di Vaio for the tie.

The game has been brought forward by a week after Juve’s Champions’ League clash in Galatasaray was postponed until next Tuesday.

Siena certainly have selections problems as midfielder Ardito is definitely out after suffering suspected knee ligament damage against Udinese.

Star striker Enrico Chiesa is also a massive doubt after he collected a slight muscle strain in the 1-1 draw.

Juventus probable: Chimenti; Birindelli, Tudor, Fresi, Pessotto; Maresca, Conte, Davids; Olivera; Miccoli, Zalayeta

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #53
    Appiah isn't in the starting line-up which is acceptable because he will definitely play against Inter. This game will be the first of the season for Salvatore Fresi and Ruben Olivera. Miccoli has been pushed out of the Serie A spotlight ATM because Del Piero is looking to regain full match fitness and Di Vaio is in such great form, so this should be a good chance for Micco to show us what he can do once more. The fact that Davids is starting pretty much tells me that Lippi has no intentions of playing him from the start when we clash with Inter on Saturday.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
    Bartolucci and Masiello are defenders i believe. Anyone know what exact position they play ?

I believe Konko is an attacking midfielder ?
    Konko is an attacking midfileder, Bartolucci is a striker (EDIT), while Masiello is a defenseman.

I'm going to watch the game when I get home from work at 8:00 tonight, so I'll try to post some post-match comments late tonight, since I have a nice 5 day weekend from work.:)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

no man :D Bartolucci is definitely a defender.... i've heard about him ...just wasn't sure what position he played in defense.

EDIT: see here... http://www.juventus.it/juventus/en/cmc/news/200329/cmc_54321.html
    Go to the Juve website again, look under youth teams, click on Primavera, and you'll see that he is listed as an Attacker.

The roster was recently updated, because it didn't have Benjamin listed at all for a while.

here's the link

www.juventus.it/it/squadre/giovanili/primavera.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)