COPPA ITALIA: Siena - Juventus (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
the tournament shouldn't be hard to win, so why not try to get ourselves a silver star?
they wont complain or anything if they win it.. just that they wont mourne immersely if they lose... i am sure every in this forum knows that already..;)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i'm just saying...it wouldn't hurt to win another tournament :p

yeah.. i want them to win it too..lets wish all our reserve the best...

and i think Dp should play some part in that match, he still need to improve his match fitness...

Aug 1, 2003
DP to play in coppa italia ? :eek: no offense but i think he did well against modena. besides i dont want to risk him getting an injury again ;)

play chimenti, let buffon rest... we have INTER coming up, i dont want to risk ANY injuries at all.....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
if he played well enough against Modena and looks to have found his feet to a certain extent, just give him about half an hour on the pitch against Siena, methinks

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
yeah agreed. Del Piero should play for a while. A goal will boost his confidence further :)

Its not like playing in the Coppa Italia is below a players dignity. Its just that coaches aren't willing to risk their key players for a competition that isn't as important as the other tasks at hand. Del Piero just came back from a long lay off so he needs to play in a competitive game week in and week out to regain his form.

One half of football won't do him any wrong.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    Playing DP could be a good thing, but look at what the rest from the Udinese match to the Modena match did for him. He was so much better, so maybe it would be best to rest him, although a goal in the Coppa would definitely boost his confidence. I'll keep my mouth shut and leave this stuff to Lippi and co.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Well the decision always lies with Lippi, but I think DP would be rearing to go, very eager to get back on the pitch. Since Siena's hardly one of the stronger teams, a goal or two against them could really boost his confidence ahead of the match against Inter

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    if he played well enough against Modena and looks to have found his feet to a certain extent, just give him about half an hour on the pitch against Siena, methinks
    Yeah, he played pretty well against Modena, and was very good technically but he needs to work on his fitness. His speed just isn't there ATM. I know that DP ain't fast but he can run faster than he did on Saturday. I actually think that he's just lazy and only runs for himself because when we came on a particular counter-attack and he was in space he took off faster than he did at any other time of the game.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I think we should play him. If only for a half. A goal in this game, regardless of who it's against, could really be a boost to his confidence.

Now I have a question. If Juve wins the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia, who do they play against in next years Italian supercup?

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

Now I have a question. If Juve wins the Scudetto and the Coppa Italia, who do they play against in next years Italian supercup?
    The runner up of the Coppa Italia i think.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    I think that if we win it a 10th time we'll get a silver star.
    Not to mention the 'badge' that the winner wears in the next season .. it looks like the Scudetto badge but the tricolore is circular instead, you may notice it in the current Milan jersey ..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I think we should play him. If only for a half. A goal in this game, regardless of who it's against, could really be a boost to his confidence.

The second placed team of Serie A

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    17.18 Juventus a Siena senza i big

Non convocati Buffon, Montero, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Di Vaio

TORINO - Contro il Siena in coppa Italia sono stati convocati: Chimenti, Birindelli, Ferrara, Maselli, Pessotto, Tudor, Fresi, Appiah, Davids, Maresca, Conte, Olivera, Zalayeta, Miccoli, e i quattro primavera Maselli, Benjamin, Bartolucci e Konko. Gli unici indisponibili rimangono Di Vaio (leggero fastidio muscolare), Thuram ( ancora zoppicante, tornerà disponibile per sabato), e Iuliano (problema muscolare al polpaccio).

----------

Hey at least we'll see Olivera!! I wish Lippi would also include that Ukranian kid Zeytulayev, I've heard good things about him.

Looks like Di Vaio has a slight muscular problem, and Thuram is limping but should be available for saturday's big match. Iuliano has a calf problem as well.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I see that Konko is on the squad.

Nice.

He's been doing some good things with the Primavera squad, but I'm disappointed that Kovalenko wasn't brought up.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    the tournament shouldn't be hard to win, so why not try to get ourselves a silver star?
    yes..yes...get the silver star ...! :D

is it just me, or does siena's jersey look like ours last season...? :dazed:

just hope chimente doesnt get mixed up and give the ball to torre andre flo......:D

i love saying that name....torre andre flo......:cool:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    Siena's Uniform is ours from last season. They switched kit makers to Lotto this season, that's why.
    yea...i noticed that. during the 1st day serie A started, and i was watching the highlights.....i thot i saw buffon on the pitch....:D

well anyhow....i hope we win this game...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)