[Coppa Italia] Roma 1-0 JUVENTUS (Jan. 21st 2014) (12 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
lol people were thinking we'll get the treble.

el disappointment soon.
A treble with the EL would be a fake treble according to Conte IMO.

I can only imagine what it'd be like if we had serie a matches to play after a CL finall against Bayern or Madrid. Pretty sure, Conte will preserve the starters for the serie a game. While Gio starts as targetman and captain of the team in the CL final, and Tevez remains on the bench so he isnt tired to play the final serie a game of the season at home against Sassoulo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bayern match was similar tbh, our strikers couldn't hold the ball up, we resorted to punting it up the pitch and nobody got anywhere near the goal

People will say that Bayern were just much more superior. Which is true. But, teams half as good as us on paper can at least get proper shots on goal. Our system does not work in certain scenarios. And makes us look worse than we are.
Good comparison, Coppa match with Gio-Quag up front.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I've just read Conte's interview and he is pretty much spot on. We did concede when we played the best, and even if we weren't dominant we were good.

The thing is that we fielded 6 reserves against Roma strongest team and they hardly beat us, and that is the positive we should concentrate on.

Also their confidence is high up, and they think they are on the same level as we are, which is ridicoulus.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I've just read Conte's interview and he is pretty much spot on. We did concede when we played the best, and even if we weren't dominant we were good.

The thing is that we fielded 6 reserves against Roma strongest team and they hardly beat us, and that is the positive we should concentrate on.

Also their confidence is high up, and they think they are on the same level as we are, which is ridicoulus.
I'm pretty sure we'd have ground them down in extra time, but we made one mistake and they scored. That shows our approach and tactics in both games against them was planned well. We couldn't do anything as an attacking force simply because of the changed personnel.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I'm pretty sure we'd have ground them down in extra time, but we made one mistake and they scored. That shows our approach and tactics in both games against them was planned well. We couldn't do anything as an attacking force simply because of the changed personnel.
:agree:

And that's why I don't understand crusade against everyone that played last night. The only thing bothering me is our approach and fielding reserve team...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It isn't a big deal to lose to Roma, away from home, in a cup match.

The problem was the approach. We were sluggish, tepid, and lethargic. Roma weren't dominant or menacing by any stretch (in spurts perhaps, and mainly after Pjanic came on), but they exhibited more purpose and hunger.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
It's the same people making the same posts each time, I think they actually enjoy it.
What I don't get is why not field the A-team in this match and decide to rest some A-team players in the league match against Lazio or last weekend against Sampdoria.
In the end, it is the Coppa Italia, it is a price and we could have gotten that 1st silver star if we won it.
And our lead in the league is big enough to take a small risk against Lazio or Sampdoria.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
can you imagine Bayern, Real or United fielding their subs if they were playing the 2nd team in the league? Maybe only sub keepers...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What I don't get is why not field the A-team in this match and decide to rest some A-team players in the league match against Lazio or last weekend against Sampdoria.
In the end, it is the Coppa Italia, it is a price and we could have gotten that 1st silver star if we won it.
And our lead in the league is big enough to take a small risk against Lazio or Sampdoria.
Do you think that would be a good idea?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's the same people making the same posts each time, I think they actually enjoy it.
It really is :lol:

I was angry for about 3 mins after that loss. Roma treated the game like a WC final, and it's hilarious reading the Corriere De Trigoria reporting on the game last night as such, waxing lyrical about how great Roma are and how they're on our level :touched:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I think Paddy Agnew was commentating on the game here. Such a filthy, disgusting, biased cunt that guy is.
It was that biased Roma cunt Richard Whittle.

- - - Updated - - -

Real Madrid also twice recently fielded a weakened team against Barcelona in the Copa del Rey. A lot depends on what the ongoing objectives are.
Exactly, it's hardly the first time a coach has dropped the majority of his starters in a mid-week cup game. Just shows how important this game is for us, and provincial like Riomma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)