[Coppa Italia] Roma 1-0 JUVENTUS (Jan. 21st 2014) (13 Viewers)

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
We just lost a close away game against the second best team in Italy. They fielded their strongest team and we rested more than half our team.

I guess 99 % of the biggest clubs have $#@!ty bench players then.
Wasn't their strongest team, Pjanic didn't start.

Having no shots on goal is atrocious, it may have been a close game, but the majority of the fringe players did nothing. Peluso got destroyed by Michael Douglas, Quags and Giovinco did very little, Isla was beyond bad, Ogbonna was ok.

The only reason the game was close was because of the regulars.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Would most people agree that without a decent strike partnership, and decent wing backs. The 3-5-2 does not work?

Our B team should use a different formation, we shouldn't need a Bayern esque bench in order to use our subs. On paper, they're not that bad. But as wing backs, the subs are piss poor usually, and Gio Quags clearly offers nothing as a partnership.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Uh, one player. And watch Pjanic getting benched by Nainggolan. How much did Roma offer? We scored a goal and the ref fucked us, but you just ignore that part. Do you really want me to list the big teams that have been knocked out against much weaker teams?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
The thing is ,the likes of Bayern,Barca and Madrid rotate often(especially Bayern),so there isnt a clear defined bench for them.For example Mueller,Kroos,Thiago arent undisputed starters by any means and they're not much of a drop in quality from the first eleven either which makes bayern's job a lot easier for them to contend for 3 competitions.

We on the other hand dont do as often because we have average players like Gio and Quag on the bench which is a huge drop in quality from the first eleven. So yeah,basically more quality is needed if we want to to compete in 3 competitions.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Pjanic aint getting benched for Nainggolan, he is a vital part of Garcia's team, he said so himself.

Roma were by far the threatening team, Maicon was having a field day down our left hand side, if they had a poacher in the box it would have been 2 or 3 - 0 easily, luckily they didn't.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
The thing is ,the likes of Bayern,Barca and Madrid rotate often(especially Bayern),so there isnt a clear defined bench for them.For example Mueller,Kroos,Thiago arent undisputed starters by any means and they're not much of a drop in quality from the first eleven either which makes bayern's job a lot easier for them to contend for 3 competitions.

We on the other hand dont do as often because we have average players like Gio and Quag on the bench which is a huge drop in quality from the first eleven. So yeah,basically more quality is needed if we want to to compete in 3 competitions.
prior to last season, Bayern lost 2 consecutive seasons of Bundesliga to Dortmund, and Cup too I think with that rotation of theirs. and Barca barely have any defenders, let alone rotation.

and to me bench players are only required to be good enough for the bottom half, which Gio and Quag are. one can't expect much if they are played against the 2nd best team in the league.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Pjanic aint getting benched for Nainggolan, he is a vital part of Garcia's team, he said so himself.

Roma were by far the threatening team, Maicon was having a field day down our left hand side, if they had a poacher in the box it would have been 2 or 3 - 0 easily, luckily they didn't.
You clearly didn't watch the game. Watch the game and come back posting.

Who came up with that one, you? All by yourself?

After posting that, did you turn around and high five your mates? F*cking pathetic 12 year old.
Try some girls and the anger will go away. Or are you frustrated you're not able to get out of the closet?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
prior to last season, Bayern lost 2 consecutive seasons of Bundesliga to Dortmund, and Cup too I think with that rotation of theirs. and Barca barely have any defenders, let alone rotation.

and to me bench players are only required to be good enough for the bottom half, which Gio and Quag are. one can't expect much if they are played against the 2nd best team in the league.
Don't bother. It's like we were knocked out by Avellino.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I am not sure that Bayern rotates its most quality players when they played Dortmund.No way.We do exactly that and that is idiotic.I cant watch midget any more,Isla also.Little worms who have luck to wear Juve jersey and dont respect that.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I did watch the game, I got out of bed at 3.45 in the morning to watch it. How can you seriously say Maicon didn't destroy Peluso? Him and Totti put in several dangerous crosses that flashed across the face of the goal.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I did watch the game, I got out of bed at 3.45 in the morning to watch it. How can you seriously say Maicon didn't destroy Peluso? Him and Totti put in several dangerous crosses that flashed across the face of the goal.
I'm not, but I'm looking at the game overall and Roma, like us, did nothing on the final third.
I seriously can't believe people are surprised with our offensive play, when we fielded the players we did. You should all be surprised how we managed not to give away any chances for the most of the game - Roma only had to shots on goal ffs.

Jul 1, 2010
Who the fuck cares about the Coppa Italia?

I'll be worried if we play like that in the EL but I doubt we're going to take the EL lightly as we need the money, coefficient, and the final is in our stadium.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013

Try some girls and the anger will go away. Or are you frustrated you're not able to get out of the closet?
You managed to turn a footballing discussion into a discussion about other posters sexuality. Says all I need to know really. What other group of people are so obsessed with sex? Aaah, that's it. Kids.

Fucking idiot.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:agree: Both teams were shit. We were just shittier. We didn't get a lucky break (thankfully; otherwise we wouldn't be hearing the end of it), and they capitalized on a series of errors to grab a goal. Plain and simple.

Our bench is weak in particular areas, but that is to be expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)