[Coppa Italia] Roma 1-0 JUVENTUS (Jan. 21st 2014) (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Quags is fine when he's intergrated into the first team

But yeah, he's useless as part of a mass rotation.
Yup.

Not specific to Quagliarella, but this is where people seem to get confused by depth.

You aren't meant to have a reserve team that can beat the second best team in Italy.

You are meant to have good enough depth that you can rotate a few players in lots of games and not be fucked just because you are missing a couple of players.

Juve have excellent depth just now.

- - - Updated - - -

Olimpico still looks great when there's a big crowd in:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Would most people agree that without a decent strike partnership, and decent wing backs. The 3-5-2 does not work?

Our B team should use a different formation, we shouldn't need a Bayern esque bench in order to use our subs. On paper, they're not that bad. But as wing backs, the subs are piss poor usually, and Gio Quags clearly offers nothing as a partnership.
I thought it was obvious. I'm not surprised so few people sees it though.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Yup.

Not specific to Quagliarella, but this is where people seem to get confused by depth.

You aren't meant to have a reserve team that can beat the second best team in Italy.

You are meant to have good enough depth that you can rotate a few players in lots of games and not be fucked just because you are missing a couple of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Olimpico still looks great when there's a big crowd in:

:agree:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Yup.

You are meant to have good enough depth that you can rotate a few players in lots of games and not be $#@!ed just because you are missing a couple of players.

My point is not specific to this game again.I just dont believe we have enough quality(and in depth) to win all three competitions which was my initial argument.Hence you cant blame Conte for fielding B-teamers because Serie A is his priority and doesnt feel the likes of Gio and Quag will give him assurances if he fields them against semi-decent teams in the league(provided he starts Llorente and tevez in the cup).And its likely by the summer or two,we're going to have better attacking depth than currently which helps in knockout tournaments.

The time where we manage to stack comparable squads to that of Bayern or Barca,maybe then we can talk about winning trebles,not now.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve won Serie A comfortably last season and look like doing something similar this year.

Even if you think Juve's depth is not good enough, would it not be worth risking a few points in Serie A to try and win the Coppa?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Juve won Serie A comfortably last season and look like doing something similar this year.

Even if you think Juve's depth is not good enough, would it not be worth risking a few points in Serie A to try and win the Coppa?
I don't see how Juve can't afford to risk giving two shits about the Coppa Italia with the Scudetto race at stake, but yet somehow Roma can.

Fundamentally I don't see the mentality getting any better to stave off an early exit from the EL. This club really has to answer for complete underperformance so far below potential and expectations in knockout tournaments, it's criminal.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

Well its quite obvious from the start that clinching a 3rd title in a row is the priority as we havent done it since the 1930s.And this year one could argue that the competition at the top has actually gotten stronger nevermind the points gap now as it is still January.

And then we have the EL with the final in our own stadium.Conte fielding subs in the Coppa could be a sign that he wants to take it seriously perhaps and field the strongest eleven ?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't see how Juve can't afford to risk giving two $#@!s about the Coppa Italia with the Scudetto race at stake, but yet somehow Roma can.

Fundamentally I don't see the mentality getting any better to stave off an early exit from the EL. This club really has to answer for complete underperformance so far below potential and expectations in knockout tournaments, it's criminal.
which tournaments did Juve underwhelm in?

I only consider the CL this year to be the one Juve sucked at.

remember Juve made it to final of Coppa in 2012

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
which tournaments did Juve underwhelm in?

I only consider the CL this year to be the one Juve sucked at.

remember Juve made it to final of Coppa in 2012
While we're breaking Serie A records this year, this team should have the ambition that Bayern showed last year in all of its competitions. Thus far, it's only the campeonato. We don't look like we can be bothered by anything else.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
While I agree, I will give conte the benefit of him being fairly inexperienced.

I mean a legendary coach like Ferguson in all his years with ManU, only reached 3 CL finals, and that's after spending millions and millions of dollars and decades of work

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OK, he's no Jupp. And experience counts for something, certainly. And Guardiola perhaps inherited much stronger clubs, but he honestly hadn't needed nearly as much experience to figure things out.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Lippi only won won CL title, and he's squads were arguablly the best in the world in each season he coached Juve....

let's not kidourselves here, Dortmund were estremely lucky to reach the final. They weren't Bayern level convincing.

Speaking of Bayern, Last season it showed how much the squad was lacking in talent when Jvue faced them. This has been fixed this season by the addition of Tevez and Llorente, and Pogba's vital effect in midfield.

The squad is missing two to become seriously contenders on CL level. Have faith in Marotta to fix that

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I just can't call a coach that used a 4-2-4 formation stubborn. if that is not the epitome of attacking, i don't know what is.

EL should be an interesting experience for conte. it could be his chance to experiment with some formations

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Lippi only won won CL title, and he's squads were arguablly the best in the world in each season he coached Juve....

let's not kidourselves here, Dortmund were estremely lucky to reach the final. They weren't Bayern level convincing.

Speaking of Bayern, Last season it showed how much the squad was lacking in talent when Jvue faced them. This has been fixed this season by the addition of Tevez and Llorente, and Pogba's vital effect in midfield.

The squad is missing two to become seriously contenders on CL level. Have faith in Marotta to fix that
Yet we got kicked out right at CL group stage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)