[Coppa Italia] Roma 1-0 JUVENTUS (Jan. 21st 2014) (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Fairly indifferent performance.

Defended fine, but offered nothing going forward. Do have to wonder how exactly Conte thought Juve were likely to score in that game.

It's all well and good playing as deep and defensively as that when you have Tevez and Llorente up front to hold the ball up and let the rest of the team get up the pitch, but Giovinco and Quagliarella aren't going to do that (or anything else of use, in all probability).

Roma tried harder to score, but both teams, for the most part, were more focused on trying to avoid conceding anything resembling a counter attack than actually trying to do anything that might result in them scoring.

Eventually, with a break of the ball and a couple of weak challenges from Juve on the halfway like, Roma got a genuine counter-attacking chance and they executed it nicely to win the game.

As a lover of cup competitions and knock-out football, I do find it disappointing to see teams resting half their side as Juve did. So, from that point of view, I'm glad Roma went through since they actually showed they were committed to the competition. Could Juve really not afford to play a strong team when eight points clear at the top? Roma are too good a side to make that many changes against and still expect to win. Could have played a full-strength team and still lost, of course.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
I am still asking someone to educate me why our genius start without 6 starters? Any ,but reasonable explanation.
How should we know?

The only explanation I can come up with is that Conte took a gamble in fielding Isla, Gio, Quag and Peluso instead of our best XI because he thought that that specific team could also win against Roma. He has more confidence in the non-starters then we do.
But that's all speculation.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
“It was a victory we wanted at all costs. We changed from the defeat in Turin and tonight proved we are at the same level as a great Juve,” Totti told Rai Sport.

FUck off you fucking pathetic excuse for an italian
I'd rather blow off the Coppa and kick their asses in the league match in their stadium, but that's just me. Clearly we suck at elimination competitions, and the Coppa is about the worst of it.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
For the 3-5-2 to even begin to work, you need effective wing-backs AND an effective strike partnership

Sadly, we had neither. Peluso is ok, but only when we have a decent player on the other flank.

If we want to use our B team, use them in a different formation ffs.
Exactly. 352 doesn't work without proper strikers. Not that much wingers but still.

We play a 6-2-2 when we face a hungry, fast team. Our 2 wingbacks get stuck in defense and then Pirlo sits on top of our CBs because his wheelchair only has 1 gear. And we end up with 6 defenders and then we play 30 yard balls on the ground to our 2 midget strikers who are sprinting back towards their own goal (and it's not even their fault).
This is what I don't like too. The tactics for this match were horrible.

Attitude like that is the main reason this team can't compete in cup competitions.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
What I don't understand is the performance of our back-up players. They should have left their lungs on the field. Coppa is like they're only (oops! forgot we definitely won't give a sh!it for the EL aswell) opportunity to fight for the first eleven. And they did what? Absolutely nothing.
Bonucci is a joke, I hope that those Monaco rumours had some truth in them. Peluso can only play as a LCB in this team. Neither he can be LB nor LWB. Isla isn't even worth a comment. Invisio decline is shocking. Only backup role for him at most. Given 25mln offer should take that and run. Pirlo is after injury and has personal problems so I won't moan about his performance. Gio and Quags are not worth to start the games. I would seriously consider to give a chance to guys like Gabbiadini or Immobile because the previous two don't deserve the salary they get.

Damn I'm mad. Will we ever win a TOURNAMENT?

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
How should we know?

The only explanation I can come up with is that Conte took a gamble in fielding Isla, Gio, Quag and Peluso instead of our best XI because he thought that that specific team could also win against Roma. He has more confidence in the non-starters then we do.
But that's all speculation.
Yeah but I still dont know why he did not put the best 11 and destroy the fuckers instead of pure and risky gambling.I am so mad on him.And I wrote earlier before the match I knew that he will bring Tevez and Llorente in 80 minute.What an obssesion?

Mercato

Jan 21, 2014
Nobody gives a fuck, its coppa italia for god damn. made for teams who know they cant win anything during the year. We can still win a double- EL and Serie A. Thats all that mAtters now

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #375
    so apparently a couple Juventini got stabbed outside the stadium.

The usual.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Roma were running on fumes after the hour mark, game was there for the taking and we didnt go for it till it was too late.

another Conte fuck-up in a cup competition.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
    People is really harsh on Giovinco!

- We have to make use our players strenght's - rocket balls alle evening from Bonucci and Barzagli is not Giovinco's strenght, with a big man on his back - he is WQ in small spaces! He was shit tonight, but was not all his fault - atleast he tried!

- Quack :help: He is so much shit!! He did nothing!! And looses the ball every single time! Was and has never been more than a Inter Player!!

- Only good thing is that the top 3 teams in serie A is getting stronger! two seasons ago, we would have won the scudetto with the team today!

- Last thing! Veratti in the summer!! Or no playmaker - play with power players!! NO MORE PIRLO!!

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    Every time the ball is near the touchline, you can count on Isla to fail to keep it in or even knock it out himself

He's a turnover machine.

He can't run, dribble, pass or shoot. Basically, if he's on the ball the team should just act as though we've lost it and prepare for the inevitable counter attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)