Coppa Italia: Napoli vs Juventus [08-27-2006] (51 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
i have no idea, biri has worn the armband for the friendlys while del piero wasnt there despite nedved playing, i personally think it should be buffon when del piero isnt on the pitch

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Biri is a good choice. In the preseason friendlies he was the only valid choiceas a captain and due to his linkage between youth and experience he seems like teh right man. As time goes on and hopefully when we bring in another decent defender Biri will hardly start which should increase nedveds chances of being a 'vice captain'.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Ridiculous to give Buffon the first shot...absolutely piece of classy shiit..

if he were Chilavert or some other goalkeeperers who have spent time on deadballs on PK, Id be ok, but Buffon?

Did we really focus on the Coppa Italia?
Why the big risk?

What up with Camo? Man, I've said it before and I'll say it again, we could do without him.

Ivyscorpioo

Apr 4, 2006
Mike Da Don said:
i have no idea, biri has worn the armband for the friendlys while del piero wasnt there despite nedved playing, i personally think it should be buffon when del piero isnt on the pitch
It's call the seniority. He join Juventus in the season of 1997-98. And Nedved only join the 2001/02 season. That's why Thuram was the vise Captain is all because of Crapello.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
i really dont think juve played one good game in coppa italia. but i guess its better to get kicked out early rather then late, now we can focus on one thing.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Jun-hide said:
Look on the bright side on those sharping their knives for DD.

At leaast our last two matches have been more exciting than entire 2 seasons with Capello. Heck DD is ready to put some spice by putting Buffon to take a penalty.

Give DD sometime - I am sure he will find the appropriate balance within the side. Lets not forget many of our star players are just coming back from longbreaks and did not train with the rest of team & we didnt have much preparation friendlies building upto the season.
And to make things worse, half of the squad has left, which means DD will quickly have to find ways such that players can get used to playing each other. We should remember this is real life and not FM where you can substitute player of similar ability and get the same result.

I have faith in the team that we will make Serie A.
True, this need time to fix. At least there will be lessons learnt for this game, so I guess DD will focus on more important stuff before Serie B officially starts.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
As I said previously, Birindelli should not be a CB, he should be a RB instead
Let Giannichedda do the job instead, after all he has much more experience in playing that position compared to Birindelli

And please cut come slack on Birindelli, Buffon and other players who didn't have a good day. You think they want to have everything against them? Man, it is like you can't even afford to make a human error these days

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Espectro said:
Im just going to say two things about this game:

1- Forza Del Piero, you are a legend
2 - Sell Camoranesi, the guy obiously dont want to be here.
I'm agree with both. But I've to agree another one:

3 - Don't use Buffon to shoot a penalty again:D

Anyway, we can't blame a Buffon/Balzaretti for missed a penalty, it's not fair.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I just watched the highlights, and let me say that I could get 3 guys on this forum and myself, and put us in at defense, and we wouldnt have been as bad as Juve's defense today

This all feels like a sick, twisted nightmare...

we dont have Zamby or Canna...we are out of Serie A......we got beat in a preliminary round of the Coppa....we will not be in the CL for the foreseeable future...we cant watch the games because their not televised ANYWHERE......

SOMEONE PLEASE WAKE ME

FROM THIS NIGHTMARE !!!!!:cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)