[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS 3/03/09 (2 Viewers)

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
I know that Lazio tore Juve a new asshole in the second half, but there's no time for panic. Chielini is definitely not in his best shape, but he needed games to improve and he got another one. Both Iaquinta and Amauri were terrible but midfielders didn't help them either. It was an awful team effort and no one really knew what was his job on the field, but hopefully all will be fixed out before Chelsea encounter, a game that is very important.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I would only say two things:

1. I don't think we chose to defend like we did against Napoli. I think Lazio played a very good second half and forced us back, though we should have dealt with it better.
I thought this was obvious but it looks like many didn't see it. Against Napoli Ranieri told them to defend, tonight we were forced to defend. Ranieri didn't like it and he tried to stop it by replacing the CMs who were losing the midfield battle.

2. Ranieri's changes weren't terrible, they just weren't good enough to turn the tide. I've no complaints about changing the central midfielders. I would have brought Giovinco on for Iaquinta at around 60 minutes.
Exactly what i'd have done.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
winning copa = silver star
silver star = awesome and we are the first to have one (just like all the other achievements)

i want that silver star :p
Agree I never felt anything for coppa until now (and when we were in serie B), the fact that we can move away from smelly roma in the roll of honour is even more motivating.. or should have been, another performance like this and we can watch another realistic trophy winning chance step away from us. We may beat chelsea but its early stages to start even dreaming about CL. Scudetto.. well seven points isnt a big ask, achievable but Ranieri doesnt have the balls however a few slip ups and we can say bye to scudetto too.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I have no clue what was going on on the second half! It's like we got a whole new squad of players and asked them to chase the ball!

Ranieri ranieri! That is not a way to manage the game! We don't defend! for the love of god! Despite of the flop called Marchisio, but he is always some how there to score! Could it be luck? Maybe. But he just gets the darn ball in the net.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Yes, i do think so. We can eliminate Chelsea. And we're still in the game for the scudetto. The coppa might be our best chance for a trophy but it certainly isn't our only chance.
:agree: yeah i think we can pull a win against chelsea. They were not that tough in the first game. But winning the champions league would be something else though....

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
But there is more presure on the refs now. Italy vs Inter is what the media created in the last few weeks and the refs are only human. I expect the oposite attitude from the refs and some calls against Inter that will open up a chance for Juve to get back into the game. Will we take it, it's up to us.
Which makes the whole situation worse if you ask me. There is no way you can deny the power that Moratti possesses and you know well how he will react on the very first refereeing mistake against his team. All this is in the benefit of Inter, they are the center of attention, they are the most hated team, they are the team to beat, they are the victims...

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
It's only the bloody Coppa.

By the way, Amauri is not Juventus material.
man don't act like we don't need it..... we aren't on the top of Seria A (realy hope) and we are A LEG IN AND LEG OUT from the CL..... we should fight for every compition... with all my respect to you mate :ultra: ....

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I would only say two things:

1. I don't think we chose to defend like we did against Napoli. I think Lazio played a very good second half and forced us back, though we should have dealt with it better.

2. Ranieri's changes weren't terrible, they just weren't good enough to turn the tide. I've no complaints about changing the central midfielders. I would have brought Giovinco on for Iaquinta at around 60 minutes.
I thought this was obvious but it looks like many didn't see it. Against Napoli Ranieri told them to defend, tonight we were forced to defend. Ranieri didn't like it and he tried to stop it by replacing the CMs who were losing the midfield battle.

Exactly what i'd have done.
Check this out:

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1918166&postcount=19347

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Varriale:"Avete avuto la partita in pugno per tutto il primo tempo,il rammarico e' forse di aver segnato un solo gol,anche se ne avevate segnato un altro che sembra regolare al replay."
Ranieri:"Non mi sorprendo."
Varriale:"Non ci sono stati quindi i vantaggi per la Juventus che qualcuno oggi aveva paventato?"
Ranieri:"A parte quello...io dico tutta la direzione della partita..mi e' sembrato un pochettino severo con noi...sulle ammonizioni mi e' sembrato un po' cinese...con noi sempre giallo!"
Varriale:"Devo chiederti una cosa su quello che ha detto oggi Jose' Mourinho...quanto ti hanno dato fastidio queste dichiarazioni?"
Ranieri:"Non mi hanno dato fastidio..era una cosa personale...quando lo rincontrero',se mi ricordero'quello che gli devo dire,glielo diro'"
Varriale:"Un'ultima cosa..il fatto che l'Inter,sollecitata a dissociarsi dalle dichiarazioni del suo allenatore della tua squadra,ha dato pieno appoggio a Mourinho,dicendo che ha interpretato la situazione secondo il suo stile,cosa significa secondo te,da uomo di calcio?"
Ranieri:"Non lo so...questo spetta alla mia societa'..io posso soltanto dire..LO STILE INTER!!!"

Here's the full post-match interview.I'm too lazy to translate.Mark already translated the important parts.

Forza Ranieri,didn't expect that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yes, when you said it it was really logical. We were playing great and what you suggested is what every sane person would've done if we continued playing that way.
The problem occured when Marchisio couldn't do more than Sissoko and when Tiago stopped playing. Then we had no other choice but to bring another DMC in order to stop Lazio. Then we "lost" a sub, but we had to do it. Unfortunately even Poulsen couldn't do much. As Red said, logical subs, but the new players failed to do their job.

Not playing Giovinco though was a huge mistake. I really can't understand Ranieri how come he didn't see all the space Lazio left. And only Giovinco could've taken advantage of that. No-one else on the pitch and no-one else on the bench.
Very stupid from Ranieri.

Slow_Roll

In Love with a Feelin'
Mar 4, 2008
I wouldn't mind if defending for the lead if we had "The Capello Team" or if Ranieri would change Poulsen in for Marchionni and Gio for Amauri so we'd attack on counter.
I know Marchionni scored the goal but to me it didn't make any difference if he was fielded or not as he didn't defend and didn't get one ball for our strikers.
I'm not sure if it should be mentioned as a - for Ranieri or a+ for Rossi that we're in total control of the match going in ht and come out looking like amateurs playing against professionals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)