[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS 3/03/09 (4 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I dont know what on earth we are going to do without nedved, he just continues to make his presence felt. We lack and continue to lack a desire I dont know what kind of team talk Ranieri gave at half time but these scorlines and performances are getting more and more predictable.

Sep 14, 2003
Really I'm just getting sick of us giving the ball away so easily and it usually leads to us getting in trouble defensively.

Also, we weren't smart out there, we continued to allow them to build up steam and launch attack after attack.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Marceℓℓo;1918445 said:
Nah the reporter asked him what he thinks about Mourinho's declarations and he responded: "That's the style of Inter."

He said a few funny things but I can't remember anymore.
What's with the phone call? Is it true he tried to call Mourinho but the Mourinho didn't answer?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
give me a break playing like this and with this kind of attitude you really think we gonna do anything against Chelsea
Yes, i do think so. We can eliminate Chelsea. And we're still in the game for the scudetto. The coppa might be our best chance for a trophy but it certainly isn't our only chance.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would only say two things:

1. I don't think we chose to defend like we did against Napoli. I think Lazio played a very good second half and forced us back, though we should have dealt with it better.

2. Ranieri's changes weren't terrible, they just weren't good enough to turn the tide. I've no complaints about changing the central midfielders. I would have brought Giovinco on for Iaquinta at around 60 minutes.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Out of the three subs he made. One of them was understandable, the others I couldn't get.

One question, you take Amauri out for Trezeguet. Did we change anything in this subs? How are we supposed to score without any creative player?

Since Mauro and Del Piero aren't there it wasn't too hard to put Giovinco in Claudio, at least in the last 20-15 min.
Ranieri cant use Giovinco... he played 60 minutes in the last match, thats all the time Giovinco is allow to play in a month.

DudebuD

Jul 6, 2007
Poor Seba, really, the kid is rotting on the bench.

- Tiago was the only bright spot IMHO with some really incisive passing.

- Iaquinta was unfortunate on 2 occasions due to the linesmen who had his head up his ass. Other than that he was disappointing.

- Amauri needs a loooooong rest, and service, lots of service. Something that our midfield, besides Tiago cant provide.

And once again we have been exposed in the middle of the park for our lack of creativity. With 2 target strikers like Iaquinta and Amauri playing, why wasnt Gio playing?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We were damn good in the first half but we looked so poor in the second it's sad.
Let's not overreact because it's just Coppa and the result it self is not that bad at all.2-1 should not stop us of going through.I don't like Amauri-Iaquinta partnership to be honest.

Manninger-6 Was good in the first half but we concided two goals.It's not like it's his fault.

Grygera-4.5 Wait,did he play?Once again,he's our weakest link and not Molinaro.He just can't do anything.

Chiellini-5.5 Made some mistakes in the second half while covering Pandev.He can do much better.

Mellberg-5 Not so noticable on the pitch but he made some mistakes as well.Was weaker than Chiellini IMO.

Molinaro-6 Great first half,just great.He failed to impress in the second but so did the rest.

Marchionni-5 Despite the goal he scored he didn't do anything.We need someone better on that place.

Sissoko-5.5 Not his day.Was pretty much invisible but still,forza Momo.

Tiago-6.5 Pretty good game for him.Classy play.

Nedved-6 He runs less in the second half but he's been playing very good recently.He had some sweet passes today.

Amauri-5 Bad day...but also bad partnership IMO.

Iaquinta-5.5 Ref. denied that goal he scored but anyway,he looks too aggresive and like he can't stand the pressure.

Marchisio-5.5

Poulsen-5

Trezeguet- /

Ranieri-5 We have many important matches that await us but he didn't give a chance to Giovinco.It's Coppa!And I think he would have done a good job in the second half.

refs. 4 Offside?What a joke.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Can you catch Inter especially now that they are heated up with the silly media hype?
But there is more presure on the refs now. Italy vs Inter is what the media created in the last few weeks and the refs are only human. I expect the oposite attitude from the refs and some calls against Inter that will open up a chance for Juve to get back into the game. Will we take it, it's up to us.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Ranieri:

- Chinese ref, only yellows against us.
- We wanted the game to be played at a later date, the league said no.
- inter's reply? inter syle.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes, i do think so. We can eliminate Chelsea. And we're still in the game for the scudetto. The coppa might be our best chance for a trophy but it certainly isn't our only chance.
But we are not taking advantage of the "good" situations we are ending up with. Did you see the grass that Lazio left in the second half? Not a single player we have knows what to do with it, well Nedved knows but his legs don't help.

I also think that we can eliminate Chelsea but we have to take advantage of situations not mess them up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)