[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS - Roma (27th January 2011) (5 Viewers)

MrBassir

Dec 5, 2010
First of all, 4-3-3 formations are silly, del neri will offcourse play 4-4-2

we could really use a confidence boost, and a win against rome could definatly bring that.
krasic might and should be benched, as he's obviosuly exhausted and needs some rest to recover for the udinese game.
Melo SHOULD play, WITH aquilani. they havent in weeks so it would be good to get the chemistry right again for the udinese game.
in the midfield i suppose we'd play pepe-melo-aqua-marchisio

the attack is a diffrent thing. i'm pretty shure amauri will be played, since iaq is just back, and we got no other real prima punta besides him.
Behind amauri, there are a couple of options.
i suppose nel neri will start pepe, and let del piero come on the second half

however, if he plays pepe instead of martinez, del piero will logically be second striker, but considering last game, i really hope martinez makes the lineup.

defence, i suppose we'll have motta, who was not bad last game, chiello bonucci and grosso

storari might get a game, but i think del neri will start buffon, he's just back, he needs the games to grow back to his form

it will be eighter

buffon

motta-chiello-bonucci-gross

pepe - melo - aqua - marchisio

del piero - amauri

or

buffon

motta - chiello - bonucci - grosso

martinez - melo - aqua - marchisio

pepe - amauri

hoping for the second formation

Buffon can't play, he is not called-up for the match.

Here is the list:

2 Motta
3 Chiellini
4 Felipe Melo
5 Sissoko
6 Grosso
8 Marchisio
9 Iaquinta
Del Piero 10
Amauri 11
13 Manninger
Aquilani 14
19 Bonucci
21 Grygera
23 Pepe
25 Martinez
Krasic 27
30 Storari
31 Constantine
38 Libertazzi
43 Sorensen

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Storari
Sorensen - Bonucci - Chiellini - Grosso
Krasic - Melo - Aquilani - Marchisio
Martinez - Amauri​

I think we must play Krasic, we need as much attacking power as we can get. If Krasic begins to slow down and become exhausted sub him with Pepe.

I hate to say it, but I think we're going to have play Amauri. Play him I guess, and if he doesn't do anything (which we all know he won't) sub him with Del Piero.

Jun 13, 2007
I'd rather play this.

---Melo--------Marchisio----------

--------Sissoko---------------

Krasic-----Aquilani------Pepe----

-----------Martinez--------------

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
First of all, 4-3-3 formations are silly, del neri will offcourse play 4-4-2
Not sure how many games you have seen, Zach, but we have been playing much more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-4-2 for many moons now...With Krasic far too far forward to be called a wide midfielder. Much more of a wing forward. And marchisio, bunches up kinda left central midfield, to form a 3 with aqui and big phil melo....Marchisio never hugs the flank anywhere near like a traditional winger. So although our formation, looks on paper, like a 4-4-2. its far from it in real match play.

The fact that krasic is naturally at his best high up the field means its unlikely we will see martinez taking the position Marchisio has had for a while...as in left of centre midfield. As martinez is also, apparently, more naturally a wide foward, or support striker. I think he has the skill, flair and pace to help soften the blow of losing Quags...Also gives DP a chance to start most games on the bench. Toni and VinnyCenzo can fight for the prima punta role.

Seems strange to rest Buffon. Considering he must still be in dire need of match practice to gain match sharpness, and can hardly be tired...As for resting anyone else, only krasic seems an obvious choice. the rest of our team should be at its strongest. the coppa is our ONLY even close to realistic chance of winning any silverware this season.

Storari
sorensen bonucci giorgio grygera
pepe melo aqua marchisio
iaquinta martinez

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
When Krasic, Quagliarella and Marchisio were all in the team, it was definitely more like 4-3-3 than 4-4-2. In fact, it looked almost like 3-4-3 at times, with Sorensen playing way deeper and more central than De Ceglie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)