[Coppa Italia] Juventus 4-1 Sampdoria [January 18th, 2022] (8 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The Milan game is on Sunday evening so there''s adequate time to rest.
I'd rather the week off, especially with the run of games in January/February. We seem to have been managing Locatelli's minutes and given how important he is I'd prefer not to risk him, he had a few bad challenges on him too. I'd also have rested Cuadrado given his age and importance, especially with Chiesa out.

Other side of the coin is that we are trying to build momentum.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I'd rather the week off, especially with the run of games in January/February. We seem to have been managing Locatelli's minutes and given how important he is I'd prefer not to risk him, he had a few bad challenges on him too. I'd also have rested Cuadrado given his age and importance, especially with Chiesa out.

Other side of the coin is that we are trying to build momentum.
After Milan's game there is an international break for the South Americans.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
That was strange, wasn't it? Pressing like that for 90 full minutes.
Allegri's teams have usually been set up to hit top form (including the best physical condition) from mid February to mid May, so perhaps this was some warm up for what he expects to follow from now on. Because I can't explain why didn't the players take their foot off the gas in the last 15 minutes at least.
Because it's Samp. Almost every season our first cup game is like this. More relaxed, more rotation, some younger players, some who play less etc.

We pressed Napoli and they passed circles around us easily. This is not a pressing team, especially in 442

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
That was strange, wasn't it? Pressing like that for 90 full minutes.
Allegri's teams have usually been set up to hit top form (including the best physical condition) from mid February to mid May, so perhaps this was some warm up for what he expects to follow from now on. Because I can't explain why didn't the players take their foot off the gas in the last 15 minutes at least.
Or perhaps a combination of A) Sampdoria is a very poor side this season B) we don't value the Coppa so no reason to play particularly cautiously. If we took risks and were eliminated today it doesn't matter at all compared to Serie A

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
So... I remember last year after the game with Milan someone (rise your hand, please) argued that VAR can't intervene and disallow the ridiculous goal they scored, because fouls in the middle of the field are subjective and can't be seen as clear and obvious errors.
Does that not apply anymore? Or was that a mistake by VAR? Or was VAR wrong yesterday? Or they do w/e the fuck they want with that VAR bs? :think:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We played well although Samp are obviously a terrible team..
Ake earned a penalty but in all honesty it was a lucky penalty as he would probably go out of play without that foul.
He is fast and a good dribbler though..

Locatelli looked like Pogba in terms of technique and Arthur should also be remembered for this game. He contributed a lot to our game and he even started to pass the ball forward. Considering Arthur passing ability Im quite surprised he hasnt done it until now... His passing skills could really make a difference so if he continue like that we might have a top 4 position in our future although there are other teams like Napoli and Atalanta to consider.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
So... I remember last year after the game with Milan someone (rise your hand, please) argued that VAR can't intervene and disallow the ridiculous goal they scored, because fouls in the middle of the field are subjective and can't be seen as clear and obvious errors.
Does that not apply anymore? Or was that a mistake by VAR? Or was VAR wrong yesterday? Or they do w/e the fuck they want with that VAR bs? :think:
VAR can intervene and disallow goals only for fouls in the middle of the pitch when it pertains to disallowing a goal scored by Juventus (see extracts Rabiot vs Milan and Lichtsteiner vs Atalanta).
It doesn’t apply to other teams and the inconsistency shall not even be mentioned by the media.

Jun 16, 2020
We played well although Samp are obviously a terrible team..
Ake earned a penalty but in all honesty it was a lucky penalty as he would probably go out of play without that foul.
He is fast and a good dribbler though..

Locatelli looked like Pogba in terms of technique and Arthur should also be remembered for this game. He contributed a lot to our game and he even started to pass the ball forward. Considering Arthur passing ability Im quite surprised he hasnt done it until now... His passing skills could really make a difference so if he continue like that we might have a top 4 position in our future although there are other teams like Napoli and Atalanta to consider.
People here are overlooking the fact that we had a midfield for the first time in years yesterday.

Obviously it wasn’t the best opponent, their primavera coach is managing the team and they’ll have a new coach this week.

But to me it was very refreshing and encouraging, I think that we should continue with Arthur. After all it was a nasty injury he picked up, I still remember the scans that he posted after the surgery.

Strange situation regarding his transfer, two weeks ago media said he convinced Allegri, and now everything is set and done between him and Arsenal. Either way continue with him

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Arthur really has people fooled again lol

He can only play against teams that have no intention of attacking.

He came on against Inter and lost countless balls even though ball retention is his supposed strength.

He was so bad against Udinese that Allegri subbed him off at half time.

He came on many times during the season before when we needed some creation and made no difference at all.

Hopefully two cameo performances against dreadful opposition will have Arsenal fooled too

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

He came on against Inter and lost countless balls even though ball retention is his supposed strength.

He came on many times during the season before when we needed some creation and made no difference at all.

Hopefully two cameo performances against dreadful opposition will have Arsenal fooled too
I would take Arthur over braindead Bentancur and Rabiot any day.

Jun 16, 2020

Did you watch the Udinese game blindfolded? He had a good half, obviously it had more to do with rotation/gaining full match fitness than his performance.

Inter game were just 10 minutes when the overall team performance was awful.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Did you watch the Udinese game blindfolded? He had a good half, obviously it had more to do with rotation/gaining full match fitness than his performance.

Inter game were just 10 minutes when the overall team performance was awful.
He lost the ball against Udinese 3 times in our half. Fucking Udinese

A guy so good technically cannot make an ounce of difference in a team craving for one. Give me a break

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)