[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 3-1 Napoli [28th February, 2017] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Cuadrado

• Mandzukic

• Dybala

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
BTW: The Goal from Callejon was offside
It's the kind of call that isn't worth getting worked up about, much like our penalties. Still, they do it, every game where there is even a scrap of contention there. Juve just carry on and play the next game.

Let them carry on spending so much energy feeling like the world is against them. This psyche has led to Napoli, Roma and Fiorentina having a total of 7 scudetti between them, with 1 in the last 25 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't even translate Monaco to Munich :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
It's the kind of call that isn't worth getting worked up about, much like our penalties. Still, they do it, every game where there is even a scrap of contention there. Juve just carry on and play the next game.

Let them carry on spending so much energy feeling like the world is against them. This psyche has led to Napoli, Roma and Fiorentina having a total of 7 scudetti between them, with 1 in the last 25 years.

- - - Updated - - -

:D Like million other mistakes in every article.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Lol they corrected it

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
So let me get this straight, if a player tries to volley the ball above the keeper and get around him and score, the keeper then touches the ball that continues behind him, and then takes the player down, in your book, this is not considered a penalty ?
Hold up. Did Reina make contact with the ball before making contact with Cuadrado?

Must admit it looked clumsy as hell and can see it being difficult for the ref having to make a decision on the spot.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
Hold up. Did Reina make contact with the ball before making contact with Cuadrado?

Must admit it looked clumsy as hell and can see it being difficult for the ref having to make a decision on the spot.
He did, but the ball went through from under him, Cuadrado still had the chance to score a goal had he not been fouled.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I thought the delusion would be confined to Italy, looks like Mundo Deportivo also says our victory was a scandal.
an Italian named Montolivo wrote it.

GdS mention there was a pk on Albiol. People looked him up and on his wallpaper there are nipples players on it.

FUCK EM ALL

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
That's completely irrelevant. It was a foul regardless.
Not if he got the ball first it ain't. I've seen situations like this a lot in the past which haven't been given. So that's why im leaning towards it not being a pen.

Anyway shut it you mug, I'm right.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Not if he got the ball first it ain't. I've seen situations like this a lot in the past which haven't been given. So that's why im leaning towards it not being a pen.

It happens when a player being fouled has no chance of holding on to the ball.
Cuadrado would still have the ball if Reina didn't foul him, because Reina didn't get enough of the ball to completely misposes Cuadrado. So, definitely a penalty.

Jun 6, 2015

:D

These rules are always hard to interpret but that is incorrect. Getting to the ball first does not mean it's not a foul, there is no such rule in football. How referee sees these things always plays a big part and this time he saw it as foul and rightly so in my opinion.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I've seen situations like this a lot in the past which haven't been given.
Im not sure about the 'lot' bit, but yeah there was a always a chance it wouldnt have been given because the GK got his hand to it first. At first sight admitedly I thought it wasnt a foul but watching the replay immediately after the game i was convinced that it was. Im just a fan, imagine how hard it can be for Refs.

Like in a corner situation normally the goalkeeper is given benefit of the doubt but this was a clear scoring opprtunity. If Reina had a hand on it and cuadrado's movement made the ball go away then it wouldnt be a foul. However the pace of the ball meant Reina it brisked under his arm and he didnt even get a hand on it with it we then fall into a situation where a player blocked another player from scoring.

In this case as others have said Cuadrado didnt dive but had the intention to reach the ball and Reina impeded his path therefore its a foul.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Regardless there will always be contact between the player and keeper when ones job is to go to ground. He got the slightest of a cack handed touch and for me that's enough.

We'll be here all day. Let's agree to disagree.

As I'm right. ;)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Regardless there will always be contact between the player and keeper when ones job is to go to ground. He got the slightest of a cack handed touch and for me that's enough.

We'll be here all day. Let's agree to disagree.

As I'm right. ;)
Fair enough, even though i disagree, i commend your objectivity. Your not a traitor and main thing is, it was a fair result, especially when you consider how other circumstances went against us.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Im not sure about the 'lot' bit.
I'm a 36 year old cunt. Trust me. :D

- - - Updated - - -

What I've always been led to believe was no matter what minimal contact the keeper gets on the ball before contact with the player it's not a foul.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I'm a 36 year old $#@!. Trust me. :D

- - - Updated - - -

What I've always been led to believe was no matter what minimal contact the keeper gets on the ball before contact with the player it's not a foul.
ok old man, let go of it already :D

EDIT im a year younger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)