Copa America 2019 - General Discussion (1 Viewer)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I believe that ranking it's done to show the best players in each position not team rankings.
It's based on some BS ratings, whether you played 1 or all games. It has nothing to do with who won the tournament, just your avg score in the tournament. It's ridiclous to call that team of the tournament, it's more like a avg score system made by a random statistics over the internet.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
It's based on some BS ratings, whether you played 1 or all games. It has nothing to do with who won the tournament, just your avg score in the tournament. It's ridiclous to call that team of the tournament, it's more like a avg score system made by a random statistics over the internet.
Screenshot_20190709-085816_Chrome.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It's not bullshit ratings it's mathematics

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Screenshot_20190709-085816_Chrome.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It's not bullshit ratings it's mathematics
Those are exactly the BS ratings im talking about. Alisson 6.9avg when the only goal he conceded in whole tournament was penalty? Like what he could actually have done better, except saving that penalty? So allowing a penalty goal gives you 6.9 instead of 10 since keeping clean sheet in every game would have been 10 obviously.

That was just one example and i don't even want to go on anything else, it would be just waste of time since everyone knows those are made up by some internet trolls, with their own idiotic metric system without the need of even watching the games, so i wouldn't put too much trust on that type of ranking.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Those are exactly the BS ratings im talking about. Alisson 6.9avg when the only goal he conceded in whole tournament was penalty? Like what he could actually have done better, except saving that penalty? So allowing a penalty goal gives you 6.9 instead of 10 since keeping clean sheet in every game would have been 10 obviously.

That was just one example and i don't even want to go on anything else, it would be just waste of time since everyone knows those are made up by some internet trolls, with their own idiotic metric system without the need of even watching the games, so i wouldn't put too much trust on that type of ranking.
You don't understand how does this system works and yet you call it bullshit :sergio:

Attachments

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
You don't understand how does this system works and yet you call it bullshit :sergio:
Yes, i still don't understand how Alisson is only 6.88. I don't care how many saves he has outside of the box, inside the box or from the six yards etc, his job is to keep his goal clean and if it 0 saves and clean sheet, it's 10/10 - simple as that. If it doesn't work like that in your opinion, then that defence needs to have way higher ratings for not allowing any shots, either way works for me. Nobody can be that stupid to think that 1 goal allowed in 6 games, only 8 shots faced gives your goalie 6.88 and defenders 7. something even it's nearly a perfect tournament defensively.

As i said, i don't trust those stupid BS ratings, i actually watched majority of the games so i don't have any need to check how someone "performed" over some completely idiotic statistics, which are making zero sense.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Insult other members, Juventus players and staff
Man you dumb as hell, it's a mathematical algorithm that are being used, I'm pretty sure that you don't even know that each player starts a match with 6.0 rating and then his rating is changing live and these changes are based on his performance during the match because of his positive and negative actions, number of minutes on the field and so on
Yes, i still don't understand how Alisson is only 6.88. I don't care how many saves he has outside of the box, inside the box or from the six yards etc, his job is to keep his goal clean and if it 0 saves and clean sheet, it's 10/10 - simple as that. If it doesn't work like that in your opinion, then that defence needs to have way higher ratings for not allowing any shots, either way works for me. Nobody can be that stupid to think that 1 goal allowed in 6 games, only 8 shots faced gives your goalie 6.88 and defenders 7. something even it's nearly a perfect tournament defensively.

As i said, i don't trust those stupid BS ratings, i actually watched majority of the games so i don't have any need to check how someone "performed" over some completely idiotic statistics, which are making zero sense.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Man you dumb as hell, it's a mathematical algorithm that are being used, I'm pretty sure that you don't even know that each player starts a match with 6.0 rating and then his rating is changing live and these changes are based on his performance during the match because of his positive and negative actions, number of minutes on the field and so on
So that Alisson's 6.88 tournament rating is making even less sense LMAO.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
why? he clearly didn't have much to do to get those clean sheets
That only means defense did almost perfect work throughout the tournament, so atleast they deserve being closer to 10. OR, are you seriously saying that in order to get 10 as a defender, you need to score a goal? You said it starts from 6, with the defenders it could easily start from 10 and every goal allowed would reduce it by x amount, based on the enemy team rankings etc and that's just on top of my head. That of course would be way more accurate than that BS ranking. I know it would be way more time consuming to make such a thing, that's why it's called "whoscored" and it's based on the name itself, which is discriminating goalkeepers, defenders and defensive middlefielders.

The point of creating that app: An App made for a people who can't watch the games, so they would have even some vision what happened on the pitch.

Reality: Doesn't work at all or maybe works partly on the attacking players but that's it.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
That only means defense did almost perfect work throughout the tournament, so atleast they deserve being closer to 10. OR, are you seriously saying that in order to get 10 as a defender, you need to score a goal? You said it starts from 6, with the defenders it could easily start from 10 and every goal allowed would reduce it by x amount, based on the enemy team rankings etc and that's just on top of my head. That of course would be way more accurate than that BS ranking. I know it would be way more time consuming to make such a thing, that's why it's called "whoscored" and it's based on the name itself, which is discriminating goalkeepers, defenders and defensive middlefielders.

The point of creating that app: An App made for a people who can't watch the games, so they would have even some vision what happened on the pitch.

Reality: Doesn't work at all or maybe works partly on the attacking players but that's it.
I think you just need to realise that 6 is the average score that a normal performance gets and in order to get a 10 you need an otherwordly, once in a lifetime performance even if you're truly a wc player

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I think you just need to realise that 6 is the average score that a normal performance gets and in order to get a 10 you need an otherwordly, once in a lifetime performance even if you're truly a wc player
isn't allowing 1 goal in 6 games nearly an otherwordly performance, especially when that was penalty? Let's put it in this way:

0 goals allowed = perfect tournament
1 goal allowed = 2nd best option
2 goals allowed = 3rd best option

Etc, etc, etc, so since Alisson and whole Brazil defense allowed only 1 goal in the whole tournament, it means they had the 2nd best possible outcome as far it comes to defending in that whole tournament, and Allison is 0.88 above average? It doesn't really matter how many saves he had, how many shots he faced outside of the box, he simply had 2nd best possible outcome as far it comes to goalkeeping and if it equals 6.88, then 7 should be max for a goalkeeper.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
isn't allowing 1 goal in 6 games nearly an otherwordly performance, especially when that was penalty? Let's put it in this way:

0 goals allowed = perfect tournament
1 goal allowed = 2nd best option
2 goals allowed = 3rd best option

Etc, etc, etc, so since Alisson and whole Brazil defense allowed only 1 goal in the whole tournament, it means they had the 2nd best possible outcome as far it comes to defending in that whole tournament, and Allison is 0.88 above average? It doesn't really matter how many saves he had, how many shots he faced outside of the box, he simply had 2nd best possible outcome as far it comes to goalkeeping and if it equals 6.88, then 7 should be max for a goalkeeper.
I agree somewhat with what you are saying, but if you do it this way , you have to factor the power of the opposition they face.Getting a clean sheet against let's say Japan or Honduras is easy then against Argentina or Germany.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I agree somewhat with what you are saying, but if you do it this way , you have to factor the power of the opposition they face.Getting a clean sheet against let's say Japan or Honduras is easy then against Argentina or Germany.
Didn't i say that already on my earlier post? I don't know why you're repeating something that has been said already.

Anyways, i'll forfeit myself from this discussion. It's an app, which serves some kind of purpose and has somewhat decent entertaiment value, but cannot be used to determine how certain player did in certain games.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Their algorithm for goalkeepers heavily depends on the number of saves made. Clean sheets don’t really boost it very high. Alisson didn’t have to make a large number of saves throughout the tournament, so his rating is relatively low.

- - - Updated - - -

However, I do agree that whoscored ratings can be crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)